Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foobar2000 for Android (1.1.16) — can't add anything to playlists (Read 2723 times) previous topic - next topic

foobar2000 for Android (1.1.16) — can't add anything to playlists

I decided to go for a test drive with foobar2000 for Android.
The Android device runs Android 8.1 (LineageOS). Nothing special otherwise.
It seems to work completely fine, but there's one problem:

I haven't found any(good) way to queue 2 or more specific albums in a specific order.
If I choose to pick an album for playing, it plays it fine. It can also create a playlist from this "selection", or from scratch.
But it seems there's no way to add anything to a playlist after it's created. Or I am just silly and don't see it anywhere.
I can only delete items from a playlist or re-order existing items, but there's nothing in the UI to add something to the playlist.

One probable way to solve this is to add everything and then delete/move away all unneeded items one by one, but this would be cumbersome.
a fan of AutoEq + Meier Crossfeed

Re: foobar2000 for Android (1.1.16) — can't add anything to playlists

Reply #1
Another small question which I think doesn't warrant a thread for itself: what's the order of DSP? (what is applied first/last)
I always thought that it's from top to bottom, but Advanced Limiter is at the top by default, this is strange (because normally it should be applied after everything else, except conversion to an integer format if it's done)

Reply #2
Re: Adding items to playlist-
Last used playlist is remembered; once you tap+hold some items, an "add to playlist: <name of last used playlist>" should appear.

Re: DSP order-
The order of DSPs can be manually controlled, tap+hold a DSP entry to drag it around.
Microsoft Windows: We can't script here, this is bat country.

Reply #3
Re: Adding items to playlist:
Thank you, this works!
Re: DSP order-
The order of DSPs can be manually controlled, tap+hold a DSP entry to drag it around.
I know that the items can be dragged, but it's not clear what is the true order (the order in which the filters are actually evaluated). Is it from top to bottom or from bottom to top?

For example, if there are items A and B, A is above B, then the final result is B(A(source)) or A(B(source))?

Reply #4
The order is top to bottom, just like in classic foobar2000. A above B means B(A(source)).

Regarding playlists-
If you wish to create large playlists, the latest version (1.1.16) experimentally supports loading of FPL files created by desktop foobar2000. Create a 'playlists' folder somewhere on the device, add it to media library playlists folders, put your FPL files there - it will disregard referenced file paths in the FPL and attempt to locate maching files by metadata.

Reply #5
The order is top to bottom, just like in classic foobar2000. A above B means B(A(source)).
Thank you for the clarification. Perhaps it'd be good to move "Advanced Limiter" to the bottom by default then.

Reply #6
For technical reason it would make sense to have it at the bottom but the list being in alphabetical order makes it easier to find the DSP you're looking for.

Reply #7
Then the next logical thing is to have a switch ("Show in alphabetical order"), when it's disabled it shows them in evaluation order (which may be changed, and which will have sensible defaults), otherwise it's fixed to the alphabetical order. 
Or a search field.

Reply #8
If i choose "Add to Playlist" it should showup a list of all my playlists and then i can select the playlist i want.
For me it's a must have.
Warning: fb2k is addictive.

Reply #9
Yes it should....
Unfortunately, phone screens restrict the number of menu options that we can show. Additionally, Windows Phone restricts the number of menu options even further regardless of the screen size.
I'll probably have create an "add to playlist..." command which opens a screen choosing which playlist to add to, including the option to create a new one.

Reply #10
Would be great...
Thats why i  still use a nother player .
Warning: fb2k is addictive.