Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Best Choice Audigy 2 Drivers  (Read 1710 times) previous topic - next topic

Best Choice Audigy 2 Drivers

Hi all,

I recently had to rebuilt Windows 7 and now I am running into some audio driver issues.  Unfortunately, I had solved some of these issues a while back and have forgotten what works so I am looking for some advice.

I have an old school soundcard; the Creative Audigy 2 on a Windows 7 Pro machine with PCI slots.  I have been using Daniel K's modified drivers primarily.   The drivers work well with JRiver, but can not handle 192khz with Foobar.  At least not as I have it configured.  I prefer Foobar in general, as it loads much more quickly.  Is there some kind of setting change I should make?  I tried using the resampler but it seems to stop at 96khz and does not help with the 192khz files.

I have Kx and Pax audigy available, and regular Creative Audigy drivers also.  I had trouble configuring Kx in Foobar; but perhaps ther is a trick to that.  So I am open to suggestions.

Also, from time to time I do plug in a coax toslink into the internal add on card that I have.   I had problems with the regular drivers; but I know at least some drivers can handle this. 

Any suggestions?  thanks.

Re: Best Choice Audigy 2 Drivers

Reply #1
If things are working ok now, I wouldn't screw with it.  Just set foobar to output 96khz. 

Re: Best Choice Audigy 2 Drivers

Reply #2
I use KX drivers with a SB Live!. I used them with an Audigy as well, I think the set up is very similar.
This is how the kX DSP part looks, the simplest config I could come up with that includes two stereo outputs, mic/line input and ASIO:

The rest is pretty much self explanatory in kX Mixer and for the input in particular, you choose it in the AC97 section. And getting ASIO to work (if you need that) requires typing something in the command line, IIRC.