Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: wavpack runtime error code? (Read 2687 times) previous topic - next topic

wavpack runtime error code?

I've been trying wavpack as a means of archiving my cd collection. I have a REACT script running in EAC and it seems to work after wavpack completes i get the following error:

Runtime Error R6002
- floating point not loaded

The wavpack file and cue sheet are created and and they seem to sound good although I haven't done any critical listening.

Can anyone tell me what this error is, what is causing it and most importantly, does it indicate that the wavpack is sonically flawed.

FWIW the string I'm using in REACT is:

1=>c:\ripping\eac\encoders\wavpack.exe -fmy -w "ARTIST=@artist@" -w "ALBUM=@album@" -w "YEAR=@year@" -w "GENRE=@genre@" -w "CUESHEET=@@cuesheet@" -w "EACLOG=@@eaclog@" "@source@" "@image@

Thanks and Best Regards,

Marcel

wavpack runtime error code?

Reply #1
Yes, I got that myself. The error appears probably because I UPXed it (exe compressor), which sometimes currupts the exe file. It's the wavpack.exe from rarewares. It probably works if you download wavpack again from rarewares non-UPXed.

However, in the recent released version of REACT 0.998, I've therefore included the official wavpack.exe. I also UPXed that, but that works without problems.

edit: spelling.