Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: "Not allowed email address" (Read 8228 times) previous topic - next topic

"Not allowed email address"

Well I got a new email address (a while ago) and went to change it in here but it said the following:

The error returned was:

Sorry, you are not allowed to use that email address for your account. Please use another email address.

I am not allowed? WTF? the email is: mat128@gmail.com

Please help me!!

Reply #1
Well I got a new email address (a while ago) and went to change it in here but it said the following:

The error returned was:

Sorry, you are not allowed to use that email address for your account. Please use another email address.

I am not allowed? WTF? the email is: mat128@gmail.com

Please help me!!
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=238830"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Changing for an Hotmail account doesnt work either!! Please help me! If any mods could help me just change my email to mat128@gmail.com I will confirm the change at that address.

Reply #2
I'm sorry, GMail and Hotmail are both on our banlist. But in your case, since you're a good-behaving member, i changed it manually.

Reply #3
Just wondering... why is gmail on the ban list, CiTay?

Reply #4
Just wondering... why is gmail on the ban list, CiTay?
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=238929"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I didn't put it there myself, but i guess it's for prevention of anonymous spam.

Reply #5
I think that that is answered here.
Sorry, I have nothing witty to say here.

Reply #6
Some problem for me...
From some time my address is not available via popmail clients, only via webpage.
Some time ago I created a new address for use only for this forum, in yahoo.it, and tried many time to change, but with no chances.
The new one is  msnewmail-hydro AT yahoo.it
Can't you please make me happy?

Reply #7
While I understand not allowing new members to register using freemail accounts, why would you not allow existing members to change their emails to those sort of accounts? Other than the fact that the forum probably has only one ban methodology and doesn't separate those two things as different, is there any real reason for this?

Reply #8
Other than the fact that the forum probably has only one ban methodology and doesn't separate those two things as different,
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=238958"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

^ There you have it.

Reply #9
Well, Gmail is a bit special as it's (still) invite-only,
meaning you can't have, say, 10 different accounts, so ban evasion isn't easily possible.
Or is at most one-shot.
Spammers would be also very easy to block.

Gmail's Policies:
Code: [Select]
Prohibited Actions
In addition to (and/or as some examples of) the violations described in Section 3 of the Terms of Use, users may not:
<snip>
# Impersonate another person (via the use of an email address or otherwise) or otherwise misrepresent yourself or the source of any email.

Ban avoidance is misrepresenting oneself as person other than banned. Don't forget that IANAL.
Code: [Select]
<snip>
# Generate or facilitate unsolicited commercial email ("spam"). <snip>

I don't know whether abuse at gmail . com is valid, but...
ruxvilti'a

Reply #10
i have the same problem here...
i use my gmail as main emailadress and i check it freq.

can a mod change my emailadress to luxuspur at gmail dot com?

Reply #11
can a mod change my emailadress to luxuspur at gmail dot com?
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=251416"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Changed 

Reply #12
Well, Gmail is a bit special as it's (still) invite-only,
meaning you can't have, say, 10 different accounts, so ban evasion isn't easily possible. Or is at most one-shot.
Spammers would be also very easy to block.

While I see that they do have some nice usage policies to prevent typical spamming, they don't appear to actively prevent circular invitations, at least to the degree of sending invitations to another Gmail account. This may have changed.

Ban checking all address changes also prevents users from registering with the same address over and over, and quickly changing their address to a disposable account to keep the original address safe. (Oh shit, I hope I'm not giving any really-f'n-bored trolls any ideas here.)

Reply #13
So could you guys please remove the ban on gmail? or at least my account because i would really like to get my own account and stop using this public one
I haven't seen any spam from gmail yet and atm it is hard to get an account (although people's accounts are overflowing with invitations  ) so... please?

Reply #14
So could you guys please remove the ban on gmail? or at least my account because i would really like to get my own account and stop using this public one
I haven't seen any spam from gmail yet and atm it is hard to get an account (although people's accounts are overflowing with invitations  ) so... please?
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=251950"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

The ban on gmail is probably not going to be lifted and we can't "unban" it on a per account basis, we can only manually force your account to use a particular address.  If you want to do this, you can try messaging an administrator with the email account (on gmail) that you would like your profile to use.