Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: All CUETools encoders (Read 1482 times) previous topic - next topic

All CUETools encoders

Hi there.

I would like to collect the files responsible for all CUETools 2.2.2 encoders and save them in a different directory, dedicatedly inside my portable installation of foobar2000.

Could someone please tell me precisely what these files are?

Thanks in advance.

Re: All CUETools encoders

Reply #1
AFAIK foobar2000 uses command-line executable (.exe) files for encoding.

CUETools uses dynamic-link library (.dll) files for the internal encoders.
CUETools can also use command-line executable encoders that support standard input (stdin) but these are the responsibility of the user to download (including dependencies). Some can be found here on HA, some in the Hydrogenaudio Knowledgebase, rarewares, the foobar2000 Free Encoder Pack, or just do a Google search.

The CUETools package does contain a few command-line executable encoders that have dependencies on other files in the package. To use one of these encoders outside of the CUETools folder you would need to copy the dependencies along with the .exe.

dependencies for CUETools.FLACCL.cmd.exe
dependencies for CUETools.Flake.exe
dependencies for CUETools.ALACEnc.exe
from the CUETools folder
Code: [Select]
CUETools.ALACEnc.exe
CUETools.Codecs.dll
Newtonsoft.Json.dll
and from the plugins folder
Code: [Select]
CUETools.Codecs.ALAC.dll
korth