Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: How to search just in Sub-Forum on HydrogenAudio ?? (Read 2665 times) previous topic - next topic

How to search just in Sub-Forum on HydrogenAudio ??

Hi everybody

I tried to find infos about skinning inside "foobar2000 mobile"
I couldn't find a way to just search in that sub-forum and recieve to much results mixed with the main foobar site.

How do I filter or search in just that sub-forum ?

Re: How to search just in Sub-Forum on HydrogenAudio ??

Reply #1
Hope this helps

Reply #2
(Dracaena posted while I was typing but I'll leave my post as is)
Depends on where you initiate the search.

If you go to the "foobar2000 mobile" board and search from the upper search box, you should only get results from the "foobar2000 mobile" board.
Clicking on "search" from the results page (see pic)

or using "search" from the drop-down-list should bring you to this page
https://hydrogenaud.io/index.php?action=search

where you can select which boards to search.
korth

Reply #3
Thank you - both of you  !
I tried the normal search, but it looked like it searched the whole forum..

Reply #4
I'm only seeing a search box at the highest level of the hydrogenaud.io forum site rather than the "hosted" Foobar2000 forum – is that right?  No wonder I didn't spot it.  Other forums have a search box on every page.
It's your privilege to disagree, but that doesn't make you right and me wrong.

Reply #5
There should be a search box at the top of most pages if you have the HA logo in view and you're logged in.
The area circled toggles the view to hide or show the logo (you may need to reload the page in your browser).
X

https://hydrogenaud.io/index.php?board=28.0 is a summary page. You can't post there and a search from the search box on that page doesn't return results. <edited
If you want to search just the General - (fb2k) board, go to https://hydrogenaud.io/index.php/board,27.0.html and use the search box from there.
If you want to search all foobar2000 boards only, select each board you want to search in advanced options on https://hydrogenaud.io/index.php?action=search
X
Note: You may have noticed I didn't tick the foobar2000 box. That searches https://hydrogenaud.io/index.php?board=28.0 and doesn't return results.
korth

Reply #6
The current forum software seems to behave differently on different browsers. As an example, this is what the top of the forum index page looks like for me. I have never seen this fabled HA logo or the search box using SeaMonkey. :P Granted, I have my user agent set to report Firefox, but that's probably not relevant.

Reply #7
The chevron is pointing down meaning the logo is hidden. Toggling the chevron (by clicking on the symbol) so it points up should reveal the logo. You may need to refresh or clear cache in browser after changing direction of chevron.
X

Notes: This preference is saved to your profile so will remain if you log in using a different device/browser (standard and narrow view). The chevron may be missing when 'narrow view' in your browser is extremely narrow.
korth

Reply #8
Thanks for the tip. I was confused because if I click the arrow on a page like this one that's displaying a thread, the "My Account" line of text moves down by about 4 pixels, but nothing else happens. I have to go back to the forum index in order to see that the HA logo and search box are now visible. All this time I thought the arrow didn't do anything.  :-[

Reply #9
Thanks for the tip. I was confused because if I click the arrow on a page like this one that's displaying a thread, the "My Account" line of text moves down by about 4 pixels, but nothing else happens. I have to go back to the forum index in order to see that the HA logo and search box are now visible. All this time I thought the arrow didn't do anything.  :-[
That's happened to me too before. It gets stuck in the collapsed position. No idea how or why.

Reply #10
This is now behaving differently for me – I now see the search box on all pages when previously I didn't.  I don't know whether this is something I've done or if something has been tweaked on the forum.
It's your privilege to disagree, but that doesn't make you right and me wrong.