Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Transcoding MPC to OGG (Read 2735 times) previous topic - next topic

Transcoding MPC to OGG

I'm really considering starting an Internet radio broadcast, with Oddcast/Icecast 2/OGG.

I don't have enough room on my hard drive to store all the music as APE Monkey's Audio... is there any good MPC setting in which transcoding to OGG -q1 won't cause a noticable drop in quality (compared to transcoding from a lossless source)?

Transcoding MPC to OGG

Reply #1
With OGG -q1, I doubt that it matters all that much. If you HAVE to transcode from MPC, just make the MPCs -q8 -xlevel - that should be pretty safe for going to OGG -q1.

Transcoding MPC to OGG

Reply #2
if you are going vorbis -q1 i doubt there will be much difference between a mpc -q5 or -q8 transcode..  Its not going to be stellar quality either way. I'd go with -q5 and save space myself.

Transcoding MPC to OGG

Reply #3
Also, can you use replay gain with MPC?

Like, encode the MPC so that it will be normalized (by song) during playback?

Transcoding MPC to OGG

Reply #4
Yes, you can replaygain mpcs.
"You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you."