Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: A few basic questions on foobar (Read 2885 times) previous topic - next topic

A few basic questions on foobar

1. under Playback, there is an option called Module Decoder, which interpolation is the best and how is the sample rate here different from the resampler plug in?

2. Is there a way to change to a particular time in a song? I don't see any slidebar or such.

3. How do I get kernel streaming to work?

Reply #1
1) sorry, can't help you there..

2) the arrow keys on your keyboard are used for seeking:
Ctrl + <left> ~ skip back by 1 minute
<left> ~ skip back by 10 seconds
<right> ~ forward by 10 seconds
Ctrl + <right> ~ forward by 1 minute

3) the answer is probably all over the place here, just take a look at the other threads.. (I'm just guessing here, I'm not interested into KS myself)

hope that helps..
A riddle is a short sword attached to the next 2000 years.

Reply #2
The problem with kernel streaming is that after I selected it when I click play, it doesn't play.

Reply #3
try 16 bits if you're in 24bits

Reply #4
OH thanks, that solves the problem.

So kernel streaming is the best output option, does winamp support such? Because I got higher CUP utilization % on foobar than winamp.

Reply #5
if you're using resampler, select fast mode

Reply #6
if you're using resampler, select fast mode

does it suffer quality loss? Like the fast mode in winamp output plug in.