Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Playlist Organizer (aka foo_plorg) replacement on Jscript Panel 3 (Read 46190 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Playlist Organizer (aka foo_plorg) replacement on Jscript Panel 3

Reply #25
@etip Another minor thing:
At the moment the panel only paints the border for the ActivePlaylist when the cursor, effectively, goes into it.
What I mean is, if I'm ctrl-tabbing between playlists, it doesn't "know" that playlist is active until I click into the playlist.
Do you think there's a way to make it work as soon as the playlist is shown?

Reply #26
@etip,
great improvements!!
Just some minor issues concerning design:
- the row of the item count is not aligned - see picture
- enable to set permanently different colours just for folder (instead of folder-symbol)
- option to set letters bold or light

Martin

Reply #27
New version :
Playlist Organizer (Jscript Panel 3)
v1.3.0
20-03-2023

Version changes:
- Navigation changes (thanks to frogworth) : included new keys to navigate with the keyboard (see help).
- delete key is now optional

X

Reply #28
@frogworth
@etip Another minor thing:
At the moment the panel only paints the border for the ActivePlaylist when the cursor, effectively, goes into it.
What I mean is, if I'm ctrl-tabbing between playlists, it doesn't "know" that playlist is active until I click into the playlist.
Do you think there's a way to make it work as soon as the playlist is shown?
i'm sorry, didnt get it, what do you mean by "paints the border of the activePlaylist" ?

@antares
i'll work on your first 2 items (the first one has been bugging me as well), the third is when i'll review the whole font topic.

Reply #29
i'm sorry, didnt get it, what do you mean by "paints the border of the activePlaylist" ?

Apologies, I'll try to explain. Let's say you have playlist tabs, and you switch to a different playlist. Perhaps you have music playing in Default, but you switch to Michèle Bokanowski.
The panel will put a box around the active playlist's name in the panel. But it doesn't do so until you've actually clicked into the playlist.

What I often do is use ctrl+tab to change the active playlist. I don't necessarily use the mouse. I would like the active playlist to be displayed in the panel right away, if possible.

If this doesn't make sense I'll attempt a screen recording :)

Reply #30
Thanks, so you're switching playlist using a tab and not the panel, right ?

try to update the panel script (main.js) with the following :
function on_playlist_switch() {
   window.Repaint();
}

Reply #31
That's right - and your suggestion works! Merci beaucoup  :D

The large number of playlists that I have is why I don't use the Playlist Organizer as my main switcher by the way (but it's still super useful for scanning through and showing me where I am).

With foo_plorg, when I focused on the Playlist Organizer I was able to just start typing the name of a playlist, and focus would jump progressively to the playlist, much like typing in a Windows Explorer window.
I suspect this is too hard to implement here, but it would be pretty awesome to have that capability!

Oh - and this is also why the "Sort" option for folders was so useful. I solved this by opening up pl_organizer.txt and (carefully) sorting the playlists there. So now that they're sorted in the panel, and changes will be easy enough to move into place individually.

Reply #32
Loving the recent developments. Thanks!

Can you please tell me what do you do to have that error ? I'd like to try to reproduce it as it seems to work for me.
thanks

It's a weird one. After posting my previous message, auto-collapse was enabled and mostly functional, but I am still getting crashes.

I have recorded a video screencapturing the behaviour since it's much easier to demonstrate than try to explain, but I'll try to explain as well: the script crashes when opening specific folders directly after other specific folders (e.g. opening "Unsorted" after "Main", or "Formats" after "Stuff I'm doing" as shown in the video), then when I reload the script, the folder I previously selected to open is open as intended. Basically it's crashing but then once reloaded it's resolved, so no actual loss of function. I just can't find rhyme or reason for it. The error code given is different to what I quoted before but similar, so probably part of the same issue (and the error code stays the same regardless of which folder caused the crash):

Code: [Select]
JavaScript runtime error
Unable to get property 'pl' of undefined or null reference
File: C:\Users\Dave\AppData\Roaming\foobar2000-v2\pl_organizer\pl_organizer.js
Line: 59, Col: 3

Reply #33
New version :
v1.3.1
21-03-2023

Version changes :
- Numbers on the right are now aligned correctly.
- The active song sign is now optional : Either keep it or change the color of the playlist.
- Code optimizations & fixes

X

Reply #34
Hi etip,
its getting closer and closer to perfection! Thank you for your time-consuming job!

Two minor suggestions concerning design:

1. Folder and playlists have exactly the same outline. To ease distiction it would be more skillful to indent playlists to the right and give them a shorter outline. Example (see screenshot): the outline of the playlist „Live“ should be indented and should have a shorter outline than the folder „Default“. In addition, replace the folder-symbol by short arrows to indicate open and collapsed folder (see my 2nd screenshot in reply #8).

2. When selecting a folder or playlist, fonts mandatory gets bold. This might get obstructive as soon as you use small fonts, because fonts get blurry when they are small and bold. So leave them normal or give a choice.

Martin

Reply #35
Hi....my sugestion: show filesize and total length of a playlist by hover!
thanks

Reply #36
Oh - and this is also why the "Sort" option for folders was so useful. I solved this by opening up pl_organizer.txt and (carefully) sorting the playlists there. So now that they're sorted in the panel, and changes will be easy enough to move into place individually.
At some point, i had the idea to use a multi dimensional array to manage folders & sub folders which would have made the sort option much easier (you sort (or not) a dimension of your array) but at that stage, that would mean a big big rework of the script

Reply #37
At some point, i had the idea to use a multi dimensional array to manage folders & sub folders which would have made the sort option much easier (you sort (or not) a dimension of your array) but at that stage, that would mean a big big rework of the script

Ah yeah makes sense. It is harder the way it's recorded, but now that I've got it how I want it, maintaining it will not be much work :)

Reply #38
1. Folder and playlists have exactly the same outline. To ease distiction it would be more skillful to indent playlists to the right and give them a shorter outline. Example (see screenshot): the outline of the playlist „Live“ should be indented and should have a shorter outline than the folder „Default“. In addition, replace the folder-symbol by short arrows to indicate open and collapsed folder (see my 2nd screenshot in reply #8).
The indentation is easy, i'll post it tonight. Also, i will try to gain space on the left side when not using the active song sign.
Frankly, i will not change the folder icon as i'm quite comfortable with it at that stage.

Reply #39
It's a weird one. After posting my previous message, auto-collapse was enabled and mostly functional, but I am still getting crashes.
Thanks. The good news is that i was able to reproduce it, the bad news is that is random. didnt have time yesterday to investigate but i will.

Reply #40
New version :
v1.3.2
22-03-2023

Version changes :
- if the option to not show the active song sign is chosen then the list starts closer to the left side of the panel.
- implemented a tooltip with the total length of the hovered playlist.
- Code fixes (hopefully)

@iridescentaudio can you please check if you still have the (auto Collapse) issue, i dont on my side but i'm not sure i solved it.
X

Reply #41
I love that someone is working on a script to emulate foo plorg functionality. Based on the posted screenshots I just wish the UI resembled the stock Windows UI, such as chevrons instead of folder icons for open/closed nodes. 🤷

Reply #42
So I obviously have not tried this yet, but is it possible to easily customize things like
- Collapsed icon
- Expanded icon
- Line height
- Line/text padding
- Selected background color
- Making the selected background color full-bleed to the edge of the margins
- Indent length

(all the kind of settings one would want to customized if you wanted to emulate the side panel in Windows 11 file explorer for instance)

Reply #43
@iridescentaudio can you please check if you still have the (auto Collapse) issue, i dont on my side but i'm not sure i solved it.

Sadly not :( no change from before on my end. Hopefully it is an idiosyncratic usage case in my setup as I haven't seen anyone else report similar problems so far. I may experiment with renaming folders and playlists and see if anything changes.

Reply #44
This looks great. Thank you very much, etip.

But how do I install it?

I put panel_pl_organizer.js and pl_organizer.js into C:\foobar2000\profile\pl_organizer

Then I made a new tab with a JScript Panel 3 panel and then copied the contents of Main.js and pasted it into the JScript Panel 3 Configuration

So I overwrote this (etc)

with this (etc)

Is that what I'm meant to do?

I got this error
JScript Panel 3.1.8 (Playlist Organizer v1.3.2 date 22/3/2023 by Seb + inspiration and abstract from marc2003)
JavaScript runtime error
Object doesn't support property or method 'GetGUID'
File: C:\foobar2000\profile\pl_organizer\pl_organizer.js
Line: 985, Col: 4

Reply #45
New version :
v1.3.2
22-03-2023

Version changes :
- if the option to not show the active song sign is chosen then the list starts closer to the left side of the panel.
- implemented a tooltip with the total length of the hovered playlist.
- Code fixes (hopefully)

[attach type=thumb]25069[/attach]

Please cut total length like eg 2w 3d 4:67:01 an cut Listening time to "Total"

Thanx for the good work

Reply #46
I got this error
JScript Panel 3.1.8 (Playlist Organizer v1.3.2 date 22/3/2023 by Seb + inspiration and abstract from marc2003)
JavaScript runtime error
Object doesn't support property or method 'GetGUID'
File: C:\foobar2000\profile\pl_organizer\pl_organizer.js
Line: 985, Col: 4
GetGUID is a recent update from JS Panel 3, do you have the latest version ?
https://jscript-panel.github.io/docs/
you need the 3.2.7

Reply #47
Sadly not :( no change from before on my end. Hopefully it is an idiosyncratic usage case in my setup as I haven't seen anyone else report similar problems so far. I may experiment with renaming folders and playlists and see if anything changes.
Hmm ... i'll continue to look tonight, but i dont have any leads to investigate. If another use can test the auto-collapse and provide feedback, that could help as well.

Reply #49
I'm probably a bit quick to post this, seeing as I haven't even used it yet, lol, but don't these two statements contradict each other?
'
Known limitations :

- Doesnt allow duplicate name for folder

List of functionalities :

- Allow duplicate names for folders and playlist

Also. I'm not seeing the cover as the background. I can change the colour but when I select "set background to front cover" it just stays grey.