Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: masstagger scripts (Read 17432 times) previous topic - next topic

masstagger scripts

i thought it would be cool to have a thread to share the masstagger scripts we use, they sure make life a lot easier 

if a thread like this already exists, forgive me, i couldn't find anything by searching.

ok here come mine:
hmmm .mts files can't be uploaded... .rar works

here are my scripts! [attachment=2240:attachment]
contains:
*clean TITLE
*clean ARTIST
*clean ALBUM

[blockquote]they all do the same but for different fields; they convert: "_" -> SPACE, "%20" -> SPACE, "´" -> "'"
plus they capitalize every first letter ($caps2()). now also converts: "Dj " -> "DJ ", "Mc " -> "MC ", "Vs " -> "vs. ", "Vs. " -> "vs. ", "Feat " -> "feat. ", "Feat. " -> "feat. ", "Featuring " -> "feat. "[/blockquote]
*remove iTunes Comment
[blockquote]checks if comment field starts with "iTunNORM: " and deletes it if it does, does nothing to normal comments. new iTunes version doesn't put the "iTUnNORM: " in the beginnning anymore... now this also deletes the comment if it starts with " 0000" [/blockquote]

last update: 04.07.2006

masstagger scripts

Reply #1
Hello!

Till now i was working with PLAY_DATE (27.06.05) and PLAY_TIME (18:04:06) to show "last playing" in playlist. This was the old version of tagging with foobar v8.0.X.
For my new foobar v0.9.2 i want use new taggingformat like LAST_PLAYED (2006-07-03 20:53:24)!
Maybe anyone know the correct code, to make a script for masstagger what can change my old tags to new one, in one step for all files? - Would be nice. THX!

((((( Strictly4me )))))

masstagger scripts

Reply #2
Till now i was working with PLAY_DATE (27.06.05) and PLAY_TIME (18:04:06) to show "last playing" in playlist. This was the old version of tagging with foobar v8.0.X.
For my new foobar v0.9.2 i want use new taggingformat like LAST_PLAYED (2006-07-03 20:53:24)!
Maybe anyone know the correct code, to make a script for masstagger what can change my old tags to new one, in one step for all files? - Would be nice. THX!

((((( Strictly4me )))))

Assuming your PLAY_DATE is in the DD.MM.YY format and your time is in HH:MM:SS, this should work:
Code: [Select]
$ifgreater($substr(%PLAY_DATE%,7,8),90,19$substr(%PLAY_DATE%,7,8),20$substr(%PLAY_DATE%,7,8))-$substr(%PLAY_DATE%,4,5)-$cut(%PLAY_DATE%,2) %PLAY_TIME%

Just set your %LAST_PLAYED% tag to the above using masstagger.

masstagger scripts

Reply #3
Assuming your PLAY_DATE is in the DD.MM.YY format and your time is in HH:MM:SS,...

Yes, it is!
I will give it a try. Thanks again.

((((( Strictly4me )))))

EDIT:
@alphaex32
Works perfect! Big thanks!!! 

masstagger scripts

Reply #5
Can anyone help me with a script that is able to determine the total runtime of an album and store that data into a tag? I can't seem to find a function that is able to cycle through and add up the times of all the tracks in an album. Thanks.

masstagger scripts

Reply #6
Hello!

I have a lot of files, i had only played for one time!
Is there a way for a masstaggerscript to send LAST_PLAYED info to FIRST_PLAYED info, for those files?

Any help would be nice, thanks!

((((( Strictly4me )))))

masstagger scripts

Reply #7
No one? 

EDIT: Already found!

((((( Strictly4me )))))

masstagger scripts

Reply #8
Hello,

I wonder if someone could create a script which would capitalize every first letter of a word (in artist, album and title tag), except (small words not to be capitalized): a, an, the, and, but, or, nor, as, at, by, for, in, of, on, to.
Something similar can be found in 'Musikcube'. But since I don't want to use Musikcube only to capitalize the tags of my audio files, I really would look forward to have my foo doing this.
Maybe some faults Musikcube is doing could be avoided, e.g. Musikcube puts CD-1 after capitalizing to Cd-1, oder Test/Test --> Test/test which should remain Test/Test, also Intro: Blubb should NOT become Intro: blubb.

masstagger scripts

Reply #9
Hi dayfly,

There's only one option - use $caps() to "proper case", and then use $replace() to replace those annoying little words.

Masstagger
Format value from other fields...
Pattern: $caps(%title%)$char(32)
(the space character is to catch those words at the end of the string, such as "Music to Kill By".  Put a space at the front as well if you want to catch the words at the beginning, but I can't imagine a situation when you'd want to do this)

Pattern: $replace(%title%, And , and , Cd , CD , Blah , blah )
(note the spaces surrounding each word)

Pattern: $trim(%title%)
(remove the extra space(s) you added in the first step)

You won't catch everything though, and will need to resort to manual edits.  For example, "Midnight Oil - US Forces".

Cheers,

c0utta

masstagger scripts

Reply #10
very useful thanks 

masstagger scripts

Reply #11
This is an excellent idea for a thread; something I've vaguely thought about before.

It looks as though it's turning into a thread for people to request scripts, rather than provide them.

There is obviously a requirement for such a process: users requesting scripts and kind-hearted souls supplying them; however my concern is that the thread will just get totally smothered by requests, with a few useful scripts scattered about, difficult to find.

It seems to me that the wiki would be an ideal place to actually record useful, tested scripts; however, I get the impression that few people have asked for the rights to edit the wiki.

I'm happy to set a page up, and add the few scripts here so far, but the page can't obviously rely on one person; that's not the idea of a wiki.  I suppose I, or other wiki editors, could port any scripts as and when they can be bothered, so the wiki may end up being constantly behind this thread.  Do we want duplication though, could that cause problems?

As I say, I think this is a great idea.  I'm just concerned that, in its current format, it is doomed to fail.  I'm probably totally wrong; I know there are various gigantic threads with buttons and layouts, but personally I don't visit them.

Any thoughts?
I'm on a horse.

masstagger scripts

Reply #12
This is an excellent idea for a thread; something I've vaguely thought about before.

thank you very much for your compliment Synthetic Soul

It looks as though it's turning into a thread for people to request scripts, rather than provide them.

There is obviously a requirement for such a process: users requesting scripts and kind-hearted souls supplying them; however my concern is that the thread will just get totally smothered by requests, with a few useful scripts scattered about, difficult to find.

I thought so as well, i was quite disappointed that there were no contributions to this thread, but only requests for certain scripts.
when i started this thread more than a year ago i just put together some scripts thought them to be very useful and wanted to share them. i was curious to know what kind of scripts others used (especially those who are more skilled with programming and stuff  )

It seems to me that the wiki would be an ideal place to actually record useful, tested scripts; however, I get the impression that few people have asked for the rights to edit the wiki.

I'm happy to set a page up, and add the few scripts here so far, but the page can't obviously rely on one person; that's not the idea of a wiki.  I suppose I, or other wiki editors, could port any scripts as and when they can be bothered, so the wiki may end up being constantly behind this thread.  Do we want duplication though, could that cause problems?

As I say, I think this is a great idea.  I'm just concerned that, in its current format, it is doomed to fail.  I'm probably totally wrong; I know there are various gigantic threads with buttons and layouts, but personally I don't visit them.

Any thoughts?

Of course a wiki would be a better solution than a long thread that gets polluted with comments and requests. but i think it will take more time to maintain, i don't know, i'm not an expert. of course i am willing to upload my few scripts to a wiki and explain what they do. but who else will? i haven't seen anybody else uploading their scripts here, so who will do it on the wiki? where should we take the scripts from?

the problem with those huge button and layout threads doesn't account yet to masstagger scripts thread because it just didn't have enough contributions, so i think we don't have to decide now if we want to create a wiki, but can wait for later when this thread finally gets some life. if anybody wants to create a wiki page i would be honored to see the scripts i wrote there

fifoxtasy