Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: La software (Read 4293 times) previous topic - next topic

La software

I have seen on this board the compression virtues of La and it is very intriguing. After running a search on these boards I have not been able to track down any observations regarding the codec.
Can anyone provide somes pros and cons or general information ?

I currently deal in SHN or Flac files but was wondering if La is a feasible option. I deal with SHN as I am a concert trader and use FLAC for storing my own music - I like the fact the code is open, etc.
'Be Brave and Concentrate'

La software

Reply #1
Biggest problem seems to be that there is no open decoder which makes player support problematic.

La software

Reply #3
I wouldn't mind creating decoder and encoder plug ins too.

La software

Reply #4
I wouldn't mind creating decoder and encoder plug ins too.

Ah... there is a new version...
You have a nice decoder plugin....  The winamp input adapter plugin...

Your Generic CLI compressor should do the job quite well on version 0.2?

Yes? No? Maybe?

Mti

This list is getting old, but it's great for lazy people who just want quick pointers...
http://www.angelfire.com/rock/motar/sounds...ds/convert.html

La software

Reply #5
If possible I try to do it right by writing a specific codec, CLIs are fine, but for best integration some code needs to be written.

La software

Reply #6
If possible I try to do it right by writing a specific codec, CLIs are fine, but for best integration some code needs to be written.

That is understandable.  You  provide an excellent program that is extremely versatile. Many people looking to convert lossless formats, Real Audio, and .umx formats are funnelled directly through my site directly to yours.

Mti

La software

Reply #7
Thanks for the update and the discussion - I have recently downloaded the latest beta so I will be playing around with it. I am satisfied with a Winamp input adapter at this point.

Keep the information coming and feel free to drop me an email if there is anything else that strikes you...
'Be Brave and Concentrate'