Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Multiformat 64 kbps Listening Test (Read 132139 times) previous topic - next topic

Multiformat 64 kbps Listening Test

Reply #125
Done  Sebastian will host it somewhere for now. Sometime soon it should also be available on the Nero website.

Reply #126
From the listening-test page:

It is also interesting to see if Microsoft's claims regarding the superiority of WMA Professional 10 over HE-AAC (see link below) are still valid.

They took WMA 9. The test ("link below") is from 2005. Shouldn't you write: "It is also interesting to see if Microsoft's claims regarding the superiority of WMA Professional 9 over HE-AAC (see link below) are still valid for the most recent codecs."

Or did I miss something?

Reply #127
Ups, wrong thread 

Reply #129
On page 3 of the NSTL-Report you can download here they wrote " To encode the original clips into WMA Pro format, Microsoft Windows Media Encoder 9 Series Version 9.00.00.2980 was used".

Reply #130
Yeah, because there is no such thing as Windows Media Encoder 10. The Windows Media Encoder 9 makes use of whatever Windows Media codec is installed and in NSTL's case, 10 Professional. The VBS file I use for encoding also required me to use the "WMA9PRO" codec, but in fact, it is WMA Professional 10.

Reply #131
Thank you for clarification!

Reply #132
I'm interested in the bibilolo sample (the lossless original).
Searched for it but couldn't find it.

Can somebody point me to a link please?
lame3995o -Q1.7 --lowpass 17

Reply #133
I'm interested in the bibilolo sample (the lossless original).
Searched for it but couldn't find it.

Can somebody point me to a link please?

It should be in the sample3.zip package on Gabriel's 48 kbps AAC test samples page:
http://www.mp3-tech.org/tests/aac_48/samples/

In general it would be good to keep all test material on-line some time after a test is finished (Like Gabriel has done). This would be useful for anyone who would like to try the test personally, even though missed the public test. Also, the codec developers may need the samples for reproducing the discovered problems.

Reply #134
Thanks a lot.
lame3995o -Q1.7 --lowpass 17