Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: HTPC Fullscreen panels II (Read 145742 times) previous topic - next topic

HTPC Fullscreen panels II

Reply #100
....... can someone please tell me how I stop WSHtpc04 v0.2.0 from rotating ?

Code: [Select]
pref["aa_glob"]         = true;  // true: use glob, false: use albumart reader (front only)

Change true to false. Now only the default album art picture (configured in foobar2000 Preferences dialogue) is displayed instead of rotating through all pictures found in the music file's directory.

I would like that it only displays the 1st instance with the albumart on the right and text to the left.

pref["t_start"]  = 30; // seconds to display tag grid after track change

Change 30 to something larger than your longest track, say 10000. Now the tag grid (text left, album art right) is displayed all the time.

Reply #101
Hi odjo.

Thanks a lot for your help, I couldn't manage without it.

Here a screenshot of what I got now:

There is only one little problem as you can see in the screenshot below. when the last song is finished or stopped by me the title, album & artist text to the left won't disappear as it should.

Attached a copy of the script. it would be nice if you could point out to me what I've messed up.

Thanks again very much.
Tommy

Reply #102
That is a bug I did not fix so far... here's an updated version that works as expected:

Bugfix update: WSHtpc04 (v0.2.1)
Release date 2012-02-03

Changes
from v0.2.0
  • Display is cleared on stop event
  • Seekbar reacts to mousewheel (speed configurable)
  • Fixed double-click (=show tag grid) behaviour

Download
[attachment=6893:WSHtpc04_0.2.1.zip]or ojdo.de/wp/htpc-fullscreen-panels-for-foobar2000

Reply #103
....... now it's working very nice.

One question though, where can I add more columns to the title?

Increasing the amount of letters that are displayed in the title text is what I mean .......
Tommy

Reply #104
@ojdo

Scripting Engine Initialization Failed ({164D5FDF-B5F3-4003-BEA4-DC2521A1A8FC}, CODE: 0x80020101)
Check the console for more information (Always caused by unexcepted script error).

Console:

WSH Panel Mod ({74090509-B799-430C-930E-A2348D8E1970}): initialized in 1 ms
Error: WSH Panel Mod ({164D5FDF-B5F3-4003-BEA4-DC2521A1A8FC}): Laufzeitfehler in Microsoft JScript:
Objekt erforderlich
File: <main>
Ln: 252, Col: 5
<source text only available at compile time>

I'm pretty sure the image path is right. What else could it be??

Reply #105
Which configuration (and version) do you use? At least in WSHtpc04 v0.2.1, line 252 is empty. A wrong image path would not cause an error.

Reply #106
Which configuration (and version) do you use? At least in WSHtpc04 v0.2.1, line 252 is empty. A wrong image path would not cause an error.

WSH Panel Mod v1.5.2
WSHtpc04 v0.2.1
CUI latest version

I've created a new panel in a new CUI preset, (I switch between layouts via shortcut)
imported WSHtpc04 v0.2.1.txt

Scripting Engine Initialization Failed ({164D5FDF-B5F3-4003-BEA4-DC2521A1A8FC}, CODE: 0x80020101)
Check the console for more information (Always caused by unexcepted script error).

Error: WSH Panel Mod ({164D5FDF-B5F3-4003-BEA4-DC2521A1A8FC}): Laufzeitfehler in Microsoft JScript:
Objekt erforderlich
File: <main>
Ln: 250, Col: 5
<source text only available at compile time> 

Line 250 fortunately exists

var bg_scale = Math.max(1,(wh-geo["lower_bar_h"]-1) / image_bg.Height);

Thanks for your time.

Reply #107
Probably you have not put the background image (diagonal_stripes.png) to the appropriate location (pref["bg_image"] in line 81):
%ProfilePath%/images/WSHtpc04/diagonal-stripes.png

e.g. c:\Users\GapKiller\AppData\Roaming\foobar2000\images\WSHtpc04\diagonal-stripes.png. If your foobar2000 installation was done in portable mode, %ProfilePath% should be the installation directory AFAIK.

Reply #108
Probably you have not put the background image (diagonal_stripes.png) to the appropriate location (pref["bg_image"] in line 81):
%ProfilePath%/images/WSHtpc04/diagonal-stripes.png

e.g. c:\Users\GapKiller\AppData\Roaming\foobar2000\images\WSHtpc04\diagonal-stripes.png. If your foobar2000 installation was done in portable mode, %ProfilePath% should be the installation directory AFAIK.

Thank you! Works nicely now. I think I made the same mistake as Chipicui...

Reply #109
pref["aa_glob"]         = true;  // true: use glob, false: use albumart reader (front only)

Change true to false. Now only the default album art picture (configured in foobar2000 Preferences dialogue) is displayed instead of rotating through all pictures found in the music file's directory.

As far as I can tell, this statement is wrong, at least with v0.2.1. I hadn't tried any previously.

Inside on_timer I had to wrap the "if (glob_timer == ..." with a check of aa_glob like so:
    if (pref["aa_glob"]) {
        if (glob_timer == pref["t_aa_glob"]*25) {
            aa_k = (aa_k + 1) % aa_list.length;
            glob_image(aa_k);
            glob_timer = 0;
        }
    }

If I don't put that in there, the image always rotates, no matter what I have aa_glob set to (or even if I comment it out). Not sure why that is, but it was a little annoying until I figured it out.

Reply #110
Thanks for reporting that bug, MordredKLB! Your fix will be included in the next release.

Reply #111
Thanks for reporting that bug, MordredKLB! Your fix will be included in the next release.
No problem. I do have another question/suggestion for you though.

I see that the timer you're generating fires every 40 milliseconds, and each time it fires it redraws a bunch of stuff. I was wondering what the reason was that you had it firing 25x a second? I did the following:
pref["t_interval"] = 200;    // milliseconds between timer events
pref["t_tps"]       = 1000/pref["t_interval"]; // ticks per second: number of times the timer fires per second

I then replaced all the "*25" in the code with "*pref["t_tps"]". 200ms seems like a reasonably fast firing whill still providing pretty smooth updating of the progress bar, even for short songs under 2 minutes. I tried 125 but the progress bar didn't look any less jumpy. Best of all, foobar's CPU usage dropped from 6-7% when a track was playing or paused down to 2%.

I'm just spitballing here, but if you want the absolute smoothest progress bar possible (i.e. updates every pixel), it seems easy enough to do pref["t_pref"] = 1000/(progress bar width/fb.PlaybackLength). Set that and pref["t_tps"] in on_playback_new_track and things should be flawless. I may try that if I get adventurous, even though I don't think my computer will keep up perfectly due to the amount of other crap running on the machine.

If you can't tell I'm hacking the hell out of your script to suit my own needs.  You've given me an amazing base to start from. If you, or anybody else is interested, I can post my work here (or elsewhere if that's more appropriate).

Reply #112
....... If you, or anybody else is interested, I can post my work here (or elsewhere if that's more appropriate).

I would like to have a look .......
Tommy

Reply #113
Here's my current work in progress:

My primary desire was to display LARGE album art, all the time. I ripped out the smaller album art display, increased the artwork size slightly, dropped the grid down to 1 column, stopped leaving blank space for skipped items, song title can spread across two lines and will auto-adjust font sizes to display as much text as possible. The two biggest additions are the new pause button you can see above, and after 20 seconds I have all the text on the left fade out.

I'm still tweaking a lot and want to do something a little more interesting than I currently have with the playback statistics, but I haven't figured out exactly what yet. I also need to figure out a better way to handle horizontal artwork that doesn't reduce the space on the left to nothing.

Reply #114
I found another minor issue. When stopping playback, the active image isn't being disposed, so it can't be deleted or overwritten until foobar exits.

I just added the following code to on_playback_stop() outside the "if(reason != 2)" block:
    if (pref["aa_glob"] && albumart) {
        albumart.Dispose();
        albumart = null;
        fb.trace("dispoing here");
    }
I also started disposing the image inside glob_image, right before the call to gdi.Image(), but I'm not sure it's entirely necessary because I didn't have the same overwriting problems.

Reply #115
Update: WSHtpc04 v0.3
Release date 2012-05-30

Changes from v0.2.1
  • new layout for small sizes (2nd screenshot)
  • new background image
  • pause overlay symbol (inspiration from MordredKLB)
  • several bugfixes and speed improvements (as reported)

Download
Attached file [attachment=7015:WSHtpc04_0.3.zip] or ojdo.de/wp/htpc-fullscreen-panels-for-foobar2000 with installation instructions.

Reply #116
Update: WSHtpc04 v0.4
Release date 2012-07-29

Changes from v0.3
  • compatible with WSH Panel Mod v1.5.0
  • basic theme support (light, dark included)
  • redraw interval no longer hard-coded

Download
Attached file [attachment=7068:WSHtpc04_0.4.zip] or ojdo.de/wp/htpc-fullscreen-panels-for-foobar2000 with installation instructions.

Reply #117
Update: WSHtpc04 v0.4.1
Release date 2012-07-30

Changes from v0.4
Hotfix for race conditions introduced in last version. Sorry for the rushed release.

Download
Attached file [attachment=7070:WSHtpc04_0.4.1.zip] or ojdo.de/wp/htpc-fullscreen-panels-for-foobar2000 with installation instructions.

Reply #118
thanks for making great HTPC panel
I know it's for fullscreen mode, but also work great on multi-tab Columns UI appearance
here is screenshot:

Reply #119
thanks for making great HTPC panel
I know it's for fullscreen mode, but also work great on multi-tab Columns UI appearance
here is screenshot:

thanks again

Hi Oery, That setup looks very good and I would like to make my foobar look like that. I have just started using foobar (moving from mediamonkey) so there is a lot of learning still to do.
I have added a bunch of components to foobar (biography view, columns UI, facets, lyric show, masstagger, musicbrainz, playback statistics, playlist organizer, quick search toolbar, WSH panel mod)

I have downloaded WSHtpc04 and added the jpg/png files in the appropriate folder.  I created a new WSH panel and replaced the script and here is how my setup looks
Can you provide some pointers on what I should do?

Reply #120
I'm using monolite skin from Here
just add new panel for lyrics, browser etc.

Cheers.....

Reply #121
I'm using monolite skin from Here
just add new panel for lyrics, browser etc.

Cheers.....

Thanks Oery. I ended up with mnlt2 since it seemed closest to what you had there
Now I will work on adding panels and may be displaying multiple panels at the same time and adding quicksearch to it.

Reply #122
I know it's relatively easy to get this setup in Default UI, but is there a way to easily switch between layouts in DUI like there is in Columns UI? I've been considering moving everything over to DUI due to CUI's abandonment, but that's kind of a necessary feature for me.

Reply #123
I'm waiting for the same feature. It would be great to be able to create custom layouts for the "Quick Setup" screen and then switch between them with keyboard shortcuts/toolbar buttons...

Reply #124
Well, I found a way to sort of fake it, but it would require that either every pane in the DUI window contained a WSHPanel (for keyboard focus issues when processing keystrokes) or you had a bar at the very bottom of the display that had some buttons which could hide/show the HTPC panel. Then you can control another WSH panel using window.NotifyOthers() to send notification events to the other WSH panels to make them visible/shrink them down to one pixel using window.MinWidth = window.MaxWidth = 1;

I stole this idea from WSHPanelMod Playlist theme FooRazor which works pretty well, but is kind of a pain to hack to your liking.

Also, the whole setup is nowhere near as clean as just being able to switch layouts on the fly like in CUI, and you'll have a 1 pixel border on at least one side of the "full screen" panel too. The keyboard focus issues mean that it'll be slightly harder to control with a remote too.