Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: [TOS#8+14] Useless 5 year topic bump (Read 2058 times) previous topic - next topic - Topic derived from Xonar STX + HD800, a ...

[TOS#8+14] Useless 5 year topic bump

Hi guys :) i found this old topic. I am not expert (i am in digital electronics) but i hear difference on my STX when i swap OPAMP to Burson SS V5. no offense :)

Re: [TOS#8+14] Useless 5 year topic bump

Reply #1
Hi guys :) i found this old topic. I am not expert (i am in digital electronics) but i hear difference on my STX when i swap OPAMP to Burson SS V5. no offense :)

Hello,
It is very tricky to predict exactly the comportement of a circuit when you change one part by another one...
You don't know what you do and what is the exact reason of the the sound differences... me neither   ;)

The Xonar circuits are designed for maximun compatibilty but IMHO they should not be able to achieve transparency with ALL opamps and ALL Loads... my theory is than "you are hearing some sound coloration"

Reply #2
If it isn't meant to be an offence, it still is a violation of the forum's Terms of Service. I recommend to read them again, particularly number 8. Use the button further up on the page. You are a newbie, but failure to obey the rules will quickly land you in trouble.

On the actual topic: There is little doubt that swapping OpAmps can have audible consequences. This doesn't mean it is a good idea. With the wrong OpAmp, circuits can become unstable. This needn't be obvious in its consequences. Hence the recommendation is that you don't do this unless you know exactly what you're doing, and have the equipment to check the result (no, I don't mean your ears). And you are unlikely to know better than the original designer of the circuit.

Reply #3
Resurrecting a thread as new registered member only to mention a boutique brand? It stinks. Where is greynol these days? Is there a special recycler officer?
Is troll-adiposity coming from feederism?
With 24bit music you can listen to silence much louder!