Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: playlist hopper plugin (Read 18294 times) previous topic - next topic

playlist hopper plugin

This is a very simple plugin (currently only for verion 0.7) that lets you jump to the next/previous available artist or album in your playlist. I found this to be very handy for large playlists whilst using a remote control. The options to hop are under playlist menu (although better to assign shortcut keys).

Don't bother with it if:
1) Your playlists are small.
2) Your songs are missing tag information about artist or album.
3) You prefer your playlist to be randomized.

playlist hopper plugin

Paulski

playlist hopper plugin

Reply #1
ok you must have read my mind paulski, i was hoping for this exact plugin. i would also find it useful when using my remote control.

foobar just keeps getting better and better!

Thx (again) paulski
Saint
"If you cannot read this, please ask the flight attendant for assistance."
- United Airlines Flight Safety Brochure

playlist hopper plugin

Reply #2
It would be great if it wasn't dependent on enabling "Follow cursor"...
Apart from that it's a nice plugin 

playlist hopper plugin

Reply #3
Wow, a fine plugin  I never thought I'd need anything like this, but actually it's really useful  thanks!

playlist hopper plugin

Reply #4
There's nothing wrong with it being dependant on follow cursor, more than likely if you need this you're not highlighting next songs anyway. (playing game, remote.)

Anyway, I love it. If you could add some more useful features, such as "Jump to end", "Jump to beggining". Thats all I can think off.

Great plugin.

playlist hopper plugin

Reply #5
Hi diskreet. I just did a test and found that foobar already allows you to jump to the start and end by using the HOME and END keys.

Paulski

playlist hopper plugin

Reply #6
Oh I'm aware of that. I mainly use this plugin for when i'm playing video games and dont feel like alt-tabbing, so If i want to get to my 2nd to last artist, It would be nice to be able to press "CTRL-ALT DOWN" and go to the end, and then "CTRL-SHIFT LEFT" and go to the last album.  No Biggie.

playlist hopper plugin

Reply #7
Ah, I get your point. Well I could make a custom version just for you if like

playlist hopper plugin

Reply #8
Great Plugin,

It's the type of plugin I've been waiting wanting for a very long time.

One thing though,

When I do click the previous album, it'd begin at the second song of the first album on the current playlist.

take care.

playlist hopper plugin

Reply #9
Well spotted redmodel. I'll fix it asap and let you know when its available.

playlist hopper plugin

Reply #10
thanx a lot paulski, this is exactly what i was going to request, for my remote too ...

feature request possibly:

could it skip to next / previous folder in playlist (i.e. next track with different path etc)

playlist hopper plugin

Reply #11
I've fixed the bug (jumping to the 1st item) and added a next / previous directory function to the playlist menu (nice idea mazy).
I won't be able to upload the update to my account until Thursday though, so I'll let you know when it's there.

Paulski

playlist hopper plugin

Reply #13
Hi,

I just have a feature request.

When, I'm on the last album in the playlist, and click next album, I'd like it to go back to the first album on the playlist.  Or vice versa, when clicking previous album on the first album, it will then go to the last album on the playlist.

Great plugin!

take care

playlist hopper plugin

Reply #14
I've updated the plugin so that you also can hop between music directories. I've also made it cyclic as you suggested redmodel, although you may spot that this part  isn't completely polished yet (I'll let you see for yourselves )
You can download the update from the the link in the 1st post.

Paulski

playlist hopper plugin

Reply #15
thanks for the update!

For me, this is definitely the most useful plugin for foobar yet!  IMHO

I haven't really ran into problems with it, just that sometimes it'd skip an album and go to the next one.  But, I think the problem was with my girder, and I to adjust the anti-repeat. 

Other than that, it's working great.

take care

playlist hopper plugin

Reply #16
Hi,

I'm still using this great plugin, but I was wondering if you mind releasing a new build for 0.7 R14.

I've been getting thos meta leak errors with the last release.

take care

playlist hopper plugin

Reply #17
Hi redmodel

I'm just back from my holidays so I haven't been able to reply for some time. I'll get a new update for the plugin within the next couple of days.

Paulski

playlist hopper plugin

Reply #18
Hi Paulski,

I was just wondering if the update was coming out soon?

take care
redmodel

playlist hopper plugin

Reply #19
hey, thats a great plugin!

but is it possible to add something like browse trough the artist's in my huge playlist by hit a letter on the keyboard? like i hit Q and fb jumps to the first artist starting with Q e.g. Qntal and so on?

playlist hopper plugin

Reply #20
hey, thats a great plugin!

but is it possible to add something like browse trough the artist's in my huge playlist by hit a letter on the keyboard? like i hit Q and fb jumps to the first artist starting with Q e.g. Qntal and so on?

You can do this with foo_playlistfind by danZ (originally by Curi0us_Gerge, danZ only ported it to 0.7).

playlist hopper plugin

Reply #21
You can do this with foo_playlistfind by danZ (originally by Curi0us_Gerge, danZ only ported it to 0.7).

thank you, thats great

playlist hopper plugin

Reply #22
I've fixed the plugin so I'll add it to my site later tonight.
I'm very sorry to keep you waiting for this. I'll try not to do it again (slaps own wrists).

Paulski

playlist hopper plugin

Reply #23
Ok, the 0.7 friendly version is available for download from the 1st link.

playlist hopper plugin

Reply #24
thanks,

works nicely