Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Way to 'View' Album list by date added/date created from UI selection?? (Read 1264 times) previous topic - next topic

Way to 'View' Album list by date added/date created from UI selection??

I know i can 'search' Album list with Syntax example of:

%added% DURING LAST 2 WEEKS   or
 %last_modified% AFTER 2019-03

However i was hoping for a simple way to just Sort my 'Album List' by Date Added or Date Created ect on top of the Default 'View' behaviour options of:

Folder Structure
Artist
Album
Genre
Year
Artist/Album

I often sort through my Music within Windows by Date Created or Date Modified by using simple Columns within Explorer and i know i can sort this way within Foobar 'Playlist View' for a given Playlist.

Surely their is an option/way/Component addon to this seemingly simple thing?

Re: Way to 'View' Album list by date added/date created from UI selection??

Reply #1
use Facets and column heading>statistics

Re: Way to 'View' Album list by date added/date created from UI selection??

Reply #2
Hi there,

Just to note, Facets makes it easy, but it is also possible in Album List. You can make new views in Preferences > Media Library > Album List.

You need the assist of foo_dynfil (Dynamic Fields) component, to calculate the date difference. See thread here, reply #1 for method, and #19 for code example for Album List view. That one for %added%.

For %last_modified% would need a second dynamic field, using %now% to get current date, and a similar $ifgreater to compare it...

...Sorry I do not have the energy to summon the exact code right now, but perhaps you can figure it out. ;)

Cheers