Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_upnp (Read 1627183 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_upnp

Reply #1825
Reboot doesn't help.

The only way to solve it is:
* copy all other folders from user-components to somewhere else
* Run cmd as administrator. go to the foobar folder and run "rmdir /S user-components"
* then re-create user-components dir and copy folders back.

Et voilà

foo_upnp

Reply #1826
Wouldn't it do what I need if the "stereo only" restriction in the renderer capabilities used the new DSP?

No, this setting is only used when there is no transcoding to mp3 (which is always stereo).

But that is what I want
Never transcode. Unless it needs to because of multiple channels. "stereo only" seems to do what I want now with all DSPs off. I get lossless directly, unless it is multichannel. And I can force 44.1/16 which apparently is enough to allow streaming on my connection even uncompressed.

edit: Thanks btw! Works nicely now.

foo_upnp

Reply #1827
It might be necessary to delete the folder containing the bad dll by an elevated command prompt, with elevated meaning run command prompt as an administrator.

Here's a how-to for those using Vista or newer: http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/55721...and-prompt.html

EDIT:

Looks like I got caught taking a catnap, lol.

foo_upnp

Reply #1828
Wouldn't it do what I need if the "stereo only" restriction in the renderer capabilities used the new DSP?

No, this setting is only used when there is no transcoding to mp3 (which is always stereo).

But that is what I want
Never transcode. Unless it needs to because of multiple channels. "stereo only" seems to do what I want now with all DSPs off. I get lossless directly, unless it is multichannel. And I can force 44.1/16 which apparently is enough to allow streaming on my connection even uncompressed.

Ok, then for this use case (if you didn't already did it):

- disable mp3 transcoding entirely
- enable "Stereo only"
- if necessary (to save bandwidth), set "max bit depth" to 16

Such settings will also apply on the LAN if you ever use that.

EDIT: the new version also fixes channel conversion when "Stereo only"  is enabled and channel count is something else than 1,2,6.

foo_upnp

Reply #1829
Yes that is exactly what I did.

For now I don't need it for LAN. If so I guess I will go with the mp3 way for internet streaming and no processing on LAN.

foo_upnp

Reply #1830
* Run cmd as administrator. go to the foobar folder and run "rmdir /S user-components"

It might be necessary to delete the folder containing the bad dll by an elevated command prompt, with elevated meaning run command prompt as an administrator.
Here's a how-to for those using Vista or newer
Hi,
I'm sorry to bother this thread again, but all the suggestions (here and the ones google throw out) did not work on windows7.

I installed "Unlocker", "LockHunter". Those programs suggested to delete the folder after a reboot, but the folder is not deleted after a reboot.
I tried cmd.exe as an Administrator, but cmd.exe says, that the folder cannot be found:

could there be any other way (beside formatting!) to remove/delete/kill/nuke that folder, so I won't have that error-message on every foobar2000 start?

again, I'm sorry to bother this thread...

foo_upnp

Reply #1831
have you tried killing explorer from task manager before attempting to use the command prompt?

edit: just read your post again to see the command prompt doesn't even see the folder so it probably won't do any good. 

also, there is step3 on the page BenB linked to about booting from your windows install media to access the command prompt outside of windows.

foo_upnp

Reply #1832
I made sure to have permissions before I did the above procedure. I don't know if it made any different.

right-click --> security --> make sure your account has "full control" of user-components.

foo_upnp

Reply #1833
v0.99.48 available fixing wrong folder content for albums of artists exposed by the media server

foo_upnp

Reply #1834

But that is what I want

Ok, then for this use case (if you didn't already did it):

- disable mp3 transcoding entirely
- enable "Stereo only"
- if necessary (to save bandwidth), set "max bit depth" to 16

Such settings will also apply on the LAN if you ever use that.

EDIT: the new version also fixes channel conversion when "Stereo only"  is enabled and channel count is something else than 1,2,6.

hi, where can I find those settings?

foo_upnp

Reply #1835
Foobar2000 --> preferences --> tools --> UPnP --> server --> streaming profiles

Make sure to select the profile that fits the client you are connecting with. Otherwise your changes won't be applied.

foo_upnp

Reply #1836

Make sure to select the profile that fits the client you are connecting with. Otherwise your changes won't be applied.

very appreciated.

another case to me now, i use network player device. UPnP has been connected successfully. I use Foobar UPnP controller to control that network device to play back.
What I see from UPnP controller interface is foobar transcode my 192/24 lossless to 44.1/16 I think. Any idea to disable this transcode. I tried streaming profiles but it seems not for my case.

foo_upnp

Reply #1837

very appreciated.

another case to me now, i use network player device. UPnP has been connected successfully. I use Foobar UPnP controller to control that network device to play back.
What I see from UPnP controller interface is foobar transcode my 192/24 lossless to 44.1/16 I think. Any idea to disable this transcode. I tried streaming profiles but it seems not for my case.

Probably because it uses the Default streaming profile that is set to 44.1Khz/16 by default. Modify the Default profile to make it look like the foobar2000 profile.
Alternatively you can create a new profile matching your renderer but you have to know its User-Agent stream for that.

foo_upnp

Reply #1838
Profiles can be confusing because there are apps or client that use 2 different User-Agent for http requests: one for Browsing and one for streaming.

The more important one is the one used for Browsing.....

I seem to have 2 devices with the same user-agent string (KnOS/3.2 bridgeCo-DMP/3.0 DLNADOC/1.50 INTEL_NMPR/2.0)

Is there any way to use any other fields for the profile check?  The string 'User-Agent' can be changed in the configuration, but I have failed to find any other match (eg to friendlyName etc).

I appreciate that the default method you proposed may be the easiest fix, but I'd like to see if I can be more precise with my profiles.

foo_upnp

Reply #1839
hello.
I am alessandro from Italy (sorry for my bad english) and I wish to say you Hello because this is my first post in this forum. I Have a pc with Foobar/foo_upnp, a sinology has (DS112+) a m2tech young dac, Unison research simply two amplifier (El34 single ended 10Wpc) and a couple of fostex BLH speakers made by myself (20cm full range cones).

Now let's go to my problem:
I use a sinology has with upnp server installed that stream music to a computer with foobar and foo_upnp that works as a renderer.
The synology server (upnp)  adds automatically to the music library all the available Shoutcast links. This makes me possible to select a radio station from the DSaudio app (Synology control point software for iphone/ipad) that sends  to the renderer (foo_upnp) a shout cast string to open a radio.

What happens is that if i send this stream with the Dsaudio app (Ipod control software) to foo_upnp, Foobar console tells me: unable to open item for playback(unsupported file format):"http://yp.shoutcast.com/sbin/tunein-station.pls?id=648483"

If I copy the above link to file/open in foobar it works!

If I use the foo_upnp control point (directly from the computer)  and I search in the synology upnp server the radio station it works also.

Can you help me for this strange behaviour?

Thanks
Alessandro

foo_upnp

Reply #1840
Hello,

I use Foobar and the plug in UPNP, n'Stream and Naim: it is parfect.
I want now to improve the Media Library and I need to have a new folder in wich the Album are classified by the register on the Nas.
The classification could be Album (Album/Artist) from the newest to the oldest.
Where and How can I create this new folder.
Thanks for your help

foo_upnp

Reply #1841
Hello,

I use Foobar and the plug in UPNP, n'Stream and Naim: it is parfect.
I want now to improve the Media Library and I need to have a new folder in wich the Album are classified by the register on the Nas.
The classification could be Album (Album/Artist) from the newest to the oldest.
Where and How can I create this new folder.
Thanks for your help

You need to create an entry in foo_upnp_ml_tree.xml.  You will need a little knowledge of xml, at least enough to copy existing entries and modify them to suit your needs without making the file invalid, but you don't have to have an xml editor provided you are careful in preserving the correct syntax.

The file is in your user's "Application Data"  folder for foobar2000.  It can be editted directly from the foobar menu: library, configure, then find  the entry for Tools, UPnP, Server, Content and hit the "Customize Media Library Tree" button.

I have had problems making my changes appear on occasions.  I usually found that if I uninstall foo_upnp, make sure my modified foo_upnp_ml_tree.xml is present and correct, reinstall foo_upnp and view it using the "Customize Media Library Tree" button, my changes then appear in the library.

Having said all the above, I have no idea what the 'register' is on your NAS.  However, providing it is something foobar can see and has the equivalent of a tag for, you can modify the library pretty much as you wish.  I have customised my library using other tags in my files, such as %Work% (for classical music).

If you View the Console in foobar when the upnp server starts you will see whether the xml format is correct or not.

foo_upnp

Reply #1842
The "foo_upnp." folder can be removed using this:
Code: [Select]
rd "\\?\c:\Program Files (x86)\foobar2000\user-components\foo_upnp." /s

foo_upnp

Reply #1843
Hi,
I read and tried to apply the solution write by Bubbleguuum on post 938. I do that with XML the result is that:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

-<MediaLibraryTree>

-<SubTree label="Albums">

<spec type="object.container.album.musicAlbum">%album%[ '['%album artist%']']</spec>

</SubTree>

-<SubTree label="Albums by added date">

<spec type="(%last_modified%)">[%album artist% - ]%album%</spec>

<spec type="Tracks by added date">%last_modified%)</spec>

</SubTree>

</SubTree>

<SubTree label="Folders" type="filesystem"/>

</MediaLibraryTree>

But the sub tree classified by added date doesn't work? And i dont know why. Somebody can help me?

Thank's

foo_upnp

Reply #1844
Hi,
I read and tried to apply the solution write by Bubbleguuum on post 938. I do that with XML the result is that:

-<MediaLibraryTree>

</SubTree>

But the sub tree classified by added date doesn't work? And i dont know why. Somebody can help me?

Thank's

There's a stray ')' in the 2nd <spec type>, but I'm more worried about the whole structure, and I'm not really quite sure what you are trying to achieve.  I believe the <spec type> has to be a known type of object (object.container.....), so I don't think your method will work.

The following is valid, showing a list of modified dates, then artist/albums.  You can then select tracks as usual.

<SubTree label="Albums by added date">
        <spec>%last_modified%</spec>
        <spec type="object.container.album.musicAlbum">[%album artist% - ]%album%</spec>
    </SubTree>

I don't know if there's a way to sort them in descending order.

If you stop the upnp server, restart foobar, view the console, and then start the upnp server, it should give you a clue as to what is wrong. 

Note also that 'last modified' means what it says - if you edit the track tags the 'last modified' date may change, depending on how you configure your tag editor (some allow you to modify tags without changing the date).

foo_upnp

Reply #1845
Hi,

-<MediaLibraryTree>

</SubTree>

Thank's

There's a stray ')' in the 2nd <spec type>, but I'm more worried about the whole structure, and I'm not really quite sure what you are trying to achieve.  I believe the <spec type> has to be a known type of object (object.container.....), so I don't think your method will work.

The following is valid, showing a list of modified dates, then artist/albums.  You can then select tracks as usual.

<spec>%last_modified%</spec>
        <spec type="object.container.album.musicAlbum">[%album artist% - ]%album%</spec>
    </SubTree>

I don't know if there's a way to sort them in descending order.

If you stop the upnp server, restart foobar, view the console, and then start the upnp server, it should give you a clue as to what is wrong. 

Note also that 'last modified' means what it says - if you edit the track tags the 'last modified' date may change, depending on how you configure your tag editor (some allow you to modify tags without changing the date).

I found a way to list tracks in descending order for the last few weeks (eg 8), but you don't get the album/artist names.  This is a single line entry:
    <SubTree label="Tracks sorted by modified date" query="%last_modified% DURING LAST 8 WEEKS SORT DESCENDING BY %last_modified%"/>

See the release notes for foo_upnp.

To do something cleverer still you need to create a playlist in foobar and play that.  I'm no expert on playlist creation (I hardly ever do it).

foo_upnp

Reply #1846
Hi PASTIM,

realy thank's it is what I want, I replace Tracks by Album. I have a bug because on some albums it gives me two or three view. But it is the spirit!
You can fined above the code:
</SubTree>
<spec type="object.container.album.musicAlbum">"Albums sorted by modified date" query="%last_modified% DURING LAST 8 WEEKS SORT DESCENDING BY %last_modified%"</spec>

I progress with your help: thanks again!

foo_upnp

Reply #1847
Hi PASTIM,

realy thank's it is what I want, I replace Tracks by Album. I have a bug because on some albums it gives me two or three view. But it is the spirit!
You can fined above the code:
</SubTree>
<spec type="object.container.album.musicAlbum">"Albums sorted by modified date" query="%last_modified% DURING LAST 8 WEEKS SORT DESCENDING BY %last_modified%"</spec>

I progress with your help: thanks again!

I suspect that this may not be giving you what you want.  I believe the SORT has to be on the SubTree label line, as in my example, but I may be wrong.  See http://bubbleguuum.free.fr/foo_upnp/changelog.txt , release 0.99.31.

foo_upnp

Reply #1848
Is there any chance that the 'Playback Stream Capture' facility might be extended to output 24 bit LPCM? 

This specific facility has changed the way I listen to music, but I'd really like to use it with no loss of quality if at all possible.  The fact that it is inherently gapless, and can even be used on more than one device at once, is fantastic.

foo_upnp

Reply #1849
I'm using Columns UI, and i have set custom colors in both the Default UI and Columns UI configs (the same colors). When i open the UPnP Browser in its own window, it uses the configured colors. When i add a UPnP Browser panel to the layout, it is black text on white background. I was hoping it would use the colors.