Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: <track> = xx/yy vs <totaltracks>? (Read 2289 times) previous topic - next topic

<track> = xx/yy vs <totaltracks>?

My preferences lean towards track = xx and totaltracks = yy (both padded to two-figures), but I discovered that by a careless choice of options, I have quite a few with the track field being 01/12, 02/12 etc.

Before I start trying to convert: Is there any good argument for the latter?

Maybe I should have asked about more general recommendations than Vorbis comments, but FLAC is my ripping format of choice, so ... to this forum it goes.

Reply #1
I now go with what you're leaning towards, i.e., separate fields for tracknumber and total tracks, mainly because I'm a foobar user and this is the way foobar writes them.

I used to have my rips tagged xx/yy (which was at the time - and perhaps still is - the default mp3tag convention for flacs).  Unfortunately foo_verifier won't verify an album with AccurateRip unless the total tracks field is present.

Reply #2
The number of tracks in an album is a separate datum and belongs in a unique field, IMO.

Reply #3
Quite inefficient to repeat a value. Put it in it's own field.
daefeatures.co.uk