Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Navigator-Suite Feedback (Read 355794 times) previous topic - next topic

Navigator-Suite Feedback

Reply #150
Not sure if this is a bug or intentional, but with single mode in album mode, if a single song has a track no. tag of 1, then the top border will still show.

Verified - will be fixed in a minor update soon.

By the way, it is intentional, that there is no top-border with the first single-track below an album. That is not possible to solve without resorting to using custom tags just so that the display of a player works right(something like a "lasttrack"-tag would be necessary) - and i'm not a friend of those. The only reason why i added support for the singletrack-tag is because with the way singletracks are detected it needed almost no code to do it.

Not sure about the normal Navigator Suite, but I found a bug with the "minimal" variant's tag-matrix. If a file has a genre tag but no comment tag, the matrix will still highlight the comment indicator.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=289698"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Verified - will be fixed in a minor update soon. To fix it yourself, look at the column's code, and replace...
Code: [Select]
// comment-tag indicator
$select(%_mmatrix_com%,
$if(%genre%,%_special_color%,%_special_color2%)'Com  '
)

with....
// comment-tag indicator
$select(%_mmatrix_com%,
$if(%comment%,%_special_color%,%_special_color2%)'Com  '
)

I'm enjoying the new hybrid mode and have one question in this regard: Wouldn't it make sense that for single tracks the tracknumber (if in tags) would get discarded (not displayed)? That's the only issue for me atm. Otherwise, nice job!

I'm not sure about this one. I tend towards "nope" because in singlemode tracknumbers are displayed(if the track-column is enabled) as well.... so while your idea sounds reasonable, it someway feels inconsistent with how the rest of the FCS works.

- Lyx
I am arrogant and I can afford it because I deliver.

Navigator-Suite Feedback

Reply #151
Im using this right now.  Great mod  Its so easy to make your own color combination hehe  Easy to use even for a foobar noob like me

Navigator-Suite Feedback

Reply #152
Thanks, nice mod. 
Just a suggestion for the next release: add an indicator for archived tracks(tracks included in a zip or rar archive). 

Navigator-Suite Feedback

Reply #153
New update works great for me.......I'd like to see more color schemes though....you have enough light ones....more dark ones would be nice

Navigator-Suite Feedback

Reply #154
Thanks, nice mod. :)
Just a suggestion for the next release: add an indicator for archived tracks(tracks included in a zip or rar archive).  :)
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=290125"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Interesting idea - i'll consider it.

BTW: why are people calling it a mod? A mod of "what"?

- Lyx

Navigator-Suite Feedback

Reply #155
New update works great for me.......I'd like to see more color schemes though....you have enough light ones....more dark ones would be nice
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

if you want dark scheme, you can try the scheme I posted in the gallery

[a href="http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=30988&view=findpost&p=289060]http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index....ndpost&p=289060[/url]

Lyx, thx for making this suite easy to color-mod

Navigator-Suite Feedback

Reply #156
Lyx, thx for making this suite easy to color-mod
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=290221"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Well, it took two rewrites to get it right at acceptable speed. It all began with Gems II.... a ui_columns port of my earlier Gems formatting. It tried the first time to make color-schemes easy yet flexible to do - and threw a truckload of code on the problem, slowing everything down - in the end, it performed suboptimal with dark AND bright color-schemes.

Then i began a complete rewrite from scratch - intentionally made less colors configurable (because that makes things easier to auto-compute and look right) - and i only focussed on making it look with dark color-schemes instead of trying to achieve both...... after it was done, i added the switch for light color-schemes, and it "accidentelly" looked good as well although i didn't plan for this to happen. This rewrite turned into "Navigator" - which after the 1.1.0 optimizations shares almost no code anymore with the earlier designs..... i think the code to guess artist, title and album is still similiar, but thats about it.

Concerning dark color-schemes..... this is probably the ui_columns design with the most dark color-schemes - and all of them were done by me. If you want more, then get busy and post some yourself for inclusion :)

Another note: i do not want to include more than 15 color-schemes, because otherwise parsing them may actually slow down the FCS. So at some point there will be a natural selection effect were the least popular schemes get kicked out of the builtin color-schemes. But right now, the policy is "as long as it doesn't look really crappy and looks right with all columns/features, it will be included".

- Lyx

edit: i decided to not implement archive-detection via an indicator in the metadata-matrix, but instead in the fileextension-column by just giving the extension a different color when the file is inside an archive. That makes more sense in terms of context(archives have less to do with metadata but more with fileformat) and saves screenspace by not requiring an additional indicator.

Navigator-Suite Feedback

Reply #157
minor update - changelog in first post, backup your modifications, etc. etc. yadayada

- Lyx

Navigator-Suite Feedback

Reply #158
Thanks you Lyx. 

BTW: why are people calling it a mod? A mod of "what"?
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=290190"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I don't know how to define it. Is it a skin, a config, a scheme? 
I don't speak very well english so I have used a term already used before.

Navigator-Suite Feedback

Reply #159
is it possible to change monkeys audio to APE? it looks a mess on my setup as it runs out of room before it gets to the reply gain bit.

Navigator-Suite Feedback

Reply #160
I thought mod was an appropriate word at that time because after installing it, totally changed my foobar and after looking at the code in globals, I couldnt just call it a skin 

It was an overwhelming "modification" for me so that was the word that came to mind

Sorry didnt mean to offend 

Thanks for the update

Navigator-Suite Feedback

Reply #161
is it possible to change monkeys audio to APE? it looks a mess on my setup as it runs out of room before it gets to the reply gain bit.

As a quick fix, you can just manually increase the size of the column. As a more complex fix, you can search the global string for the section where lots of audioformat names are written, and change it there.
I will do something about this in the next version, but it has very low priority for me, because it doesn't look "like a mess" to me at all and can easily be fixed by users themselves(by widening the column).

I thought mod was an appropriate word at that time because after installing it, totally changed my foobar and after looking at the code in globals, I couldnt just call it a skin :)

It was an overwhelming "modification" for me so that was the word that came to mind :)

Sorry didnt mean to offend :)
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=290343"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Ah, from that point of view, you're right of course. No offense taken - i was just irritated, because the term "mod" is also used when speaking of modifications of existing designs :-) For example, there are many "mods" of the azrael-design.

- Lyx

Navigator-Suite Feedback

Reply #162
i tried resizing the column but it would not remember the new position without the headers turned on, i can wait for the next update though.

Navigator-Suite Feedback

Reply #163
Try changing the width in the ui-columns preferences themselves, then click "save all"

- Lyx

Navigator-Suite Feedback

Reply #164
Alright, as requested, colour schemes that I make shall be posted here... Although I don't often make em

$puts(theme_dark,0)

// foreground colors
$puts(standard_color,$rgb(46,46,46))
$puts(special_color,$rgb(81,101,133))
$puts(playing_color,$rgb(208,237,255))
$puts(borders_color,$rgb(138,163,183))

// background colors
$puts(bg_color,$rgb(247,244,241))
$puts(bg_color2,$rgb(235,232,227))

// various symbols used in display
$puts(symbol_seperator,' • ')
$puts(symbol_rating,⋆ )

Navigator-Suite Feedback

Reply #165
Here is a repost from the Foobar Gallery thread for possible inclusion in Navigator .

Here is my updated foobar2000. It is a slightly modified Navigator 1.2.x with my own color scheme that I call Liquid Crystal

Here is the color scheme:
$puts(theme_dark,0)

// foreground colors
$puts(standard_color,$rgb(25,25,25))
$puts(special_color,$rgb(80,50,25))
$puts(playing_color,$rgb(164,169,141))
$puts(borders_color,$rgb(172,153,115))

// background colors
$puts(bg_color,$rgb(214,219,191))
$puts(bg_color2,$rgb(75,85,90))

// various symbols used in display
$puts(symbol_seperator,' • ')
$puts(symbol_rating,● )

Also Lyx, I've found a possible bug in the comment display code. It stops displaying the comment as soon as it encounters a period '.' .
Anish

Navigator-Suite Feedback

Reply #166

As a quick fix, you can just manually increase the size of the column. As a more complex fix, you can search the global string for the section where lots of audioformat names are written, and change it there.
I will do something about this in the next version, but it has very low priority for me, because it doesn't look "like a mess" to me at all and can easily be fixed by users themselves(by widening the column).
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=290492"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

What about just displaying the file extension instead of $codec() (or whatever it is you use)? That way, the codec part will only use 3 or 4 characters max.

$substr($upper(%_filename_ext%),$add($strrchr(%_filename_ext%,'.'),1),$len(%_filename_ext%))

You could just use $right(%_filename_ext%,3), but that doesn't compensate for 4 character file extensions like .FLAC.
</signature>

Navigator-Suite Feedback

Reply #167
I have one problem with this config, otherwise it's great.

How can I turn off that 'no album gain tag means single track' thing? I've read that this was implemented as the album indicator but it doesn't make sense to me.

Navigator-Suite Feedback

Reply #168
It cannot be disabled currently. The indicator-thingie is something completely different - the two features are not related to each other.

- Lyx

Navigator-Suite Feedback

Reply #169
It cannot be disabled currently.

- Lyx
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=290722"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

It would be nice to have a switch for that in the 'Globals' configuration. Otherwise I can't use your config because I have a lot of albums with track-gain only.

kaysat

Navigator-Suite Feedback

Reply #170
I've found two more possible bugs in the singles mode playslists in the album-mode-default formating.

1. There is a line above the first track in the album for the artist, artist & album and track & length columns. I don't believe this is s useful feature in singles mode since the concept would be to display all songs as if they were singles. it becomes more of a problem if the the playlist is randomized as you can probably guess. It would be nice if you could at least have an option to disable it for singles playlists.

2. Again in singles playlists, whenever there is %album artist% present, the artist is displayed in the title & length column.
My solution for this problem was to copy the title & length column and remove all the artist display code for the version that displays in singles mode and keep the default in the version that displays in album mode.

Anish

Navigator-Suite Feedback

Reply #171
WTF, how did you do this?

I'm sorry, i cannot reproduce it. Tested with 1.2.1 standard-version albummode-default.

What you describe cannot even happen, because the code to cause this does not exist.

Did you do any modifications to the code? Like for example forcing singlemode *without* playlistname-keywords?

- Lyx

Navigator-Suite Feedback

Reply #172
WTF, how did you do this?

I'm sorry, i cannot reproduce it. Tested with 1.2.1 standard-version albummode-default.

What you describe cannot even happen, because the code to cause this does not exist.

Did you do any modifications to the code? Like for example forcing singlemode *without* playlistname-keywords?

- Lyx
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=290820"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Oops....
I realise what was different with mine. I include *. to the filter list to display in single mode. I find it less distracting and more compact when displaying playlist names. If I use one of the original singles-playlist identifiers, it works fine. Sorry about that.
OTOH Would it be possible to include *. as singles-playlist identifier?
Anish

Navigator-Suite Feedback

Reply #173
Also Lyx, I've found a possible bug in the comment display code. It stops displaying the comment as soon as it encounters a period '.' .
Anish
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=290674"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Not a bug but a feature. Truncating after the first sentence is the most safe way to display very large comment-tags without suddenly truncating when space runs out.

- Lyx

edit: however, maybe i can come up with a method in the future to start scanning for '. ' a bit later in the comment-string. But i someway doubt this would be efficient, because the FCS has no way to know the total amount of tracks per album - and therefore no way to estimate the available space.

Navigator-Suite Feedback

Reply #174
Not a bug but a feature. Truncating after the first sentence is the most safe way to display very large comment-tags without suddenly truncating when space runs out.
- Lyx
edit: however, maybe i can come up with a method in the future to start scanning for '. ' a bit later in the comment-string. But i someway doubt this would be efficient.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=290827"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I can live with that compromise.
Anish