Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_audioscrobbler 1.4.7 (Read 919773 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_audioscrobbler 1.4.7

Reply #1125
My handshake also failed yesterday,  ending up with 55 tracks in cache. After reinstalling the component (which I doubt is really necessary) and forcing it to reshake a few times it worked nicely since.

foo_audioscrobbler 1.4.7

Reply #1126
My handshake also failed yesterday,  ending up with 55 tracks in cache. After reinstalling the component (which I doubt is really necessary) and forcing it to reshake a few times it worked nicely since.
was it because of 'system time' and 'bad session id' for you as well? seemingly booting foobar is enough to fix it temporarily, but pausing play for a longer period of time or starting play after some idle makes it fall off again.

foo_audioscrobbler 1.4.7

Reply #1127
No clue. I only noticed that the submits failed with every new track. I don't remember the exact text but I doubt it contained anything about system times.

I'd try manually syncing the windows system clock (even if it looks correct) and reinstalling the component/disabling-enabling the functionality in preferences then forcing handshakes by manually submitting the cached tracks (it took me 2-3 tries until they were properly submitted). After that everything worked fine.

foo_audioscrobbler 1.4.7

Reply #1128
Also having submission issues. Console says "Audioscrobbler: Submission succeeded.", yet it doesn't actually seem to get submitted. I've been listening all day and the last thing in last.fm is on the 17th August.

foo_audioscrobbler 1.4.7

Reply #1129
Hi, I've been getting some of the same issues mentioned by people in this thread, but most of them have been resolved now.

However when I attempt to "love" a track by pressing the heart button in my JAM skin, I get this in my console:

Last.fm Playcount Sync: Attempting to love "color" by "我羇道"
Last.fm Playcount Sync: Contacting Last.fm....
Last.fm Playcount Sync: JSON.parse error.

Apparently the track is then loved on last.fm, but the heart doesn't turn red on foobar like it usually does (at least until the track has been synced with last.fm). Is this a server issue, or..?

foo_audioscrobbler 1.4.7

Reply #1131
the server should be sending a JSON response but it's wrongly returning XML instead. i've seen it reported on the last.fm forums but no staff have posted in the API issues thread for the last week.

foo_audioscrobbler 1.4.7

Reply #1132
Audioscrobbler: Now playing notification failed due to bad session ID
Audioscrobbler: Handshake failed: The system time is far off. Please correct your system time.
Audioscrobbler: Handshake failed.

Audioscrobbler: Handshake failed: The system time is far off. Please correct your system time.
Audioscrobbler: Handshake failed.
still getting these, or at least the message about bad session id, although the handshake usually seems to fix itself quickly after. i am also missing scrobbles on the site despite console stating 'submitted' for everything. apparently they're lost since they haven't shown up since.

foo_audioscrobbler 1.4.7

Reply #1133
The official scrobbler has support for foobar2000 now. Do we consider this component a dropped project?

foo_audioscrobbler 1.4.7

Reply #1134
Do we consider this component a dropped project?

absolutely not.  this component has been bulletproof over the years and if for some reason it ever stops working, i'd rather have a go at making something myself than rely on the last.fm client. it's been around for years and has had no end of issues. they might well be fixed with the new site rollout but i wouldn't hold my breath.

foo_audioscrobbler 1.4.7

Reply #1135
i am *still* regularly getting these error messages about bad session id and system time.. they are definitely linked to my habit of having foobar running 24/7, because a boot fixes them. the usual course of things is that i pick foobar from the tray and start scrobbling at some point of the day, likely receive a message about bad session id first, then it either fixes itself automatically or doesn't, which results in a message about system time. i am out of ideas as to what could cause this. i'm logged to last.fm only through this component, not even on the website nor scrobbling through its embeds, i don't have the official scrobbler, all which could otherwise cause conflicting session ids. my system time and date are correct to the last second. i've changed absolutely nothing anywhere, the site change caused this. i'm running foobar 1.2.6 and audioscrobbler 1.4.7, gmt +2.

i was thinking if this could have something to do with it https://getsatisfaction.com/lastfm/topics/t...a-way-to-change but i'm doubtful as i am cleanly getting scrobbles through after a boot and it only seems to concern site display. i had some scrobbles disappear earlier but haven't observed that for some time now.

so yeah, techno wizards, step up and enlighten me or take guesses, what's happening here?

foo_audioscrobbler 1.4.7

Reply #1136
you shouldn't need to reboot because the component handshakes each time you start foobar so simply exiting the program and starting it again should be sufficient.

oh and last.fm are finding more creative ways to break things. today, scrobbles are being lost because the servers are responding "yeah, everything's ok" when it really isn't.

foo_audioscrobbler 1.4.7

Reply #1137
you shouldn't need to reboot because the component handshakes each time you start foobar so simply exiting the program and starting it again should be sufficient.
correct, my apologies, i was of course referring to simply restarting the program, not whole computer.

foo_audioscrobbler 1.4.7

Reply #1138
well given the complete ****storm of issues that there are with last.fm, i'd just be grateful that restarting the program solves your problem. whatever worked before the site change has to be forgotten now...

foo_audioscrobbler 1.4.7

Reply #1139
For me, the handshake problem resolved itself after restarting foobar2000. Though I'm not really sure why it's happening.

foo_audioscrobbler 1.4.7

Reply #1142
and for me, since 7/9/2015 it stopped working lol, successful handshake but at the website nothing changes.

foo_audioscrobbler 1.4.7

Reply #1143
i've discovered that tracks over 1 hour are now rejected by the server when using this component. it returns a success message so the Console reports everything as ok but the track won't show on Last.fm. i tested tracks either side of the 1h mark and that seems to be the cut off point. i guess this is because it uses the old scrobbling API. i tested this by creating my own scrobbler using the current API and it will happily accept any length track i throw at it. it's tempting to use my own scrobbler but i'm not sure if i can trust myself to handle all the errors/caching when something goes wrong.

foo_audioscrobbler 1.4.7

Reply #1144
it's tempting to use my own scrobbler but i'm not sure if i can trust myself to handle all the errors/caching when something goes wrong.

lol

Scrobbler seems to be working now, and i hope it will keep working for a long time, having another process running (Last.FM scrobbler app) is really something that I want to avoid

foo_audioscrobbler 1.4.7

Reply #1145
if that is the case, i suspect the session id and system time errors might be due to the old api as well. to be honest, i think it's a more common problem than shows, most people just don't bother checking their profiles often enough to notice it happening. just my intuition though.

anyway, an update would be more than welcome; i've plenty of over hour long songs.

foo_audioscrobbler 1.4.7

Reply #1146
i'm not sure the developer of this component even visits this forum any more. you could try the official scrobbler if you need to scrobble longer tracks. i can't use it because i don't have admin rights to install it on any of the pcs i use.

foo_audioscrobbler 1.4.7

Reply #1147
ha, no thanks  i'll just e-mail him, he seems active on the mp3tag site at least. maybe he'd still feel like updating this, as he's still offering a download link there.

foo_audioscrobbler 1.4.7

Reply #1148
^have you had any response?