Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Where can I find a BSAC decoder? (Read 13885 times) previous topic - next topic

Where can I find a BSAC decoder?

Hello,

I'm trying to find an MPEG4 audio decoder for Win32 (or Linux, come to think of it) that supports BSAC.

The ISO reference code ought to do the trick, of course, but it's a pig to compile; and it seems to require an unusual file format... So I'm seeking something that can deal with "AudioSpecificConfig + byte-aligned-raw-data-block" file format (just a single layer), or an MP4 file containing the same.

Do any BSAC decoders exist out there? Source, binary-only, free or paid-for, anything would be useful. Or does anybody have any advice for getting the reference code working?

Thanks,

Nick

Reply #1
Dear Nick 

>The ISO reference code ought to do the trick, of course, but it's a pig to compile

Yes, it requires "libisomedia.lib", which you can find in "systems.zip" from the same web page you have got "audio.zip". But this is not latest, has few bugs which were updated later. To get latest source from ISO you have to be a member. Then you can get the source from ftp.iis.fhg.de/incoming/cvs folder which contains zipped versions. Build mp4AudVm_Rewrite\win32\mp4v2dec.dsp. Do not try mp4AudVm folder. It is not updated frequently. mp4v2dec.dsp laso needs few more source to be included which are there but not included in project.

To provide support for raw bitstreams, you need to replace original bistream reading functionality by your own. And 4 bytes of zero (termination string) need to be appended to bitstream before decoding starts.

Hope it helps.

Reply #2
Hello,

I am Madhav,  I have just started working on the bsac decoder. I am able to build the code and i have tried testing the code with the vectors given on the "Scala Technology - Download" page.. But i get some bitsream read error.. I guess this is because of the libisomedia library..So if anyone know some more about this can throw some light..

With Regards,

Madhav

Reply #3
Hi ,
        I am started Working on BSAC decoder.

1) It is working well.
2) we are able to decode testvectors .
3) But we don't have reference testvectors for confirmation SO any bady has info please let us know.........

and also output produced by BSAC decoder was equal so is it correct? pls help me in this regard...

thanks
MR

Dear Nick  

>The ISO reference code ought to do the trick, of course, but it's a pig to compile

Yes, it requires "libisomedia.lib", which you can find in "systems.zip" from the same web page you have got "audio.zip". But this is not latest, has few bugs which were updated later. To get latest source from ISO you have to be a member. Then you can get the source from ftp.iis.fhg.de/incoming/cvs folder which contains zipped versions. Build mp4AudVm_Rewrite\win32\mp4v2dec.dsp. Do not try mp4AudVm folder. It is not updated frequently. mp4v2dec.dsp laso needs few more source to be included which are there but not included in project.

To provide support for raw bitstreams, you need to replace original bistream reading functionality by your own. And 4 bytes of zero (termination string) need to be appended to bitstream before decoding starts.

Hope it helps.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=274706"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Reply #4
Hi ,

1) It is working well.
3) But we don't have reference testvectors for confirmation SO any bady has info please let us know.........

and also output produced by BSAC decoder was equal so is it correct? pls help me in this regard...

thanks
MR

Dear Nick  

Hope it helps.

Reply #5
Hi,

i'm new to bsac. started using MPEG-4 Audio VM iso reference codecs. the decoder is not decoding bsac stream ecnoded with the encoder.

the decoder says :

mp4audec: MPEG-4 Natural Audio Decoder (Edition 2001)  2003-08-27
decoding out_bsac.aac -> out_bsac.au
mp4audec: WARNING: Decode: option '-aaceof' is recommended in AAC mode
>> BSAC Decoding BitRate: 64 kbits/s/ch
frame    0 mp4audec: ERROR[1]:  Wrong Syncword 10

i used following encoder/decoder option
BSAC 48kHz 64kbps
  sol/mp4enc -d 1 -m tf -c -aac_bsac test48 -r 64000 -o test48bsac64
  sol/mp4dec -d 1 test48bsac64

is anything wrong with my options?

thanks in advance for you comments.

chalil

Hi ,

1) It is working well.

thanks
MR

Dear Nick  

Hope it helps.

[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=318535"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Reply #6
got it !

./mp4auenc.exe -d 1 -m tf -r 64000 -c "-aac_sys_bsac" test1_48m.snd -o test1_48m_bsac.fl4
./mp4audec.exe -d 1 -aaceof -c "-mp4ff" test1_48m_bsac.fl4 -o test1_48m_bsac_out.au

thanks to sudeep, for more options ref post "Need BSAC encoded Audio data".

chalil

Hi,

i'm new to bsac. started using MPEG-4 Audio VM iso reference codecs. the decoder is not decoding bsac stream ecnoded with the encoder.

the decoder says :

mp4audec: MPEG-4 Natural Audio Decoder (Edition 2001)   2003-08-27

BSAC 48kHz 64kbps

chalil

Hi ,

1) It is working well.

thanks
MR

Dear Nick  

Hope it helps.

[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=335860"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Reply #7
hi....
this is ruchi....
i'm new to bsac..........but i had downloaded er-bsac code  and it is working properly with compliance.
i had 1 doubt ..........in the name of input streams of bsac - decoder i found like er_bs01_08_ep0.mp4
and er_bs01_08_ep1.mp4 etc.
so anyone here know what is ep0 and ep1......what it denotes??
if somebody know this..............plz help me out

thanks and regards
ruchi

Hi,

the decoder says :

BSAC 48kHz 64kbps

chalil

Hi ,

1) It is working well.

thanks
MR

Dear Nick 

Hope it helps.

Reply #8
Hi ,
This is bharathi. I have downloaded the BSAC code. But unable to compile it..
Can somebody help me out in this regard.
Thanks & Rgds,
bharathi.

Reply #9
Hi bharathi,

can u specify me the site from which u had downloaded BSAC decoder?

Thanks in advance,
satish

Reply #10
Hi Nick

How are you ? I hope you are fine.

In fact, I am also trying to work on the BSAC encoder/decoder. So I wonder if you were able to make it work, either under linux or windows? In fact, what I did , I have downloaded the software from the ISO website:
http://standards.iso.org/ittf/PubliclyAvai...rence_Software/

I have followed the directions (for linux), and alot of errors were generated? so do you have any advices? is this the best software? is there more documentation for that.

Thanks alot
Ala

Hello,

I'm trying to find an MPEG4 audio decoder for Win32 (or Linux, come to think of it) that supports BSAC.

The ISO reference code ought to do the trick, of course, but it's a pig to compile; and it seems to require an unusual file format... So I'm seeking something that can deal with "AudioSpecificConfig + byte-aligned-raw-data-block" file format (just a single layer), or an MP4 file containing the same.

Do any BSAC decoders exist out there? Source, binary-only, free or paid-for, anything would be useful. Or does anybody have any advice for getting the reference code working?

Thanks,

Nick

Reply #11
hI Satish

I used this website :
Advanced Video Coding (AVC) and High Efficiency Advanced Audio Coding (HE AAC) reference software
http://isotc.iso.org/livelink/livelink/fet...leStandards.htm

But I got a lot of compliling errors under linux fedora 6? do you have another source that has erorr free code?

Thanks
Ala

Hi bharathi,

can u specify me the site from which u had downloaded BSAC decoder?

Thanks in advance,
satish

Hi folks

I used this website to getthe BSAC decoder/encoder :
Advanced Video Coding (AVC) and High Efficiency Advanced Audio Coding (HE AAC) reference software
http://isotc.iso.org/livelink/livelink/fet...leStandards.htm

But I got a lot of compliling errors under linux fedora 6? do you have another source that has erorr free code?

Thanks
Ala

hi....
this is ruchi....
i'm new to bsac..........but i had downloaded er-bsac code  and it is working properly with compliance.
i had 1 doubt ..........in the name of input streams of bsac - decoder i found like er_bs01_08_ep0.mp4
and er_bs01_08_ep1.mp4 etc.
so anyone here know what is ep0 and ep1......what it denotes??
if somebody know this..............plz help me out

thanks and regards
ruchi

Hi,

the decoder says :

BSAC 48kHz 64kbps

chalil

Hi ,

1) It is working well.

thanks
MR

Dear Nick 

Hope it helps.