Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Nero AAC Codec Version 1.5.1.0 released (Read 143152 times) previous topic - next topic

Nero AAC Codec Version 1.5.1.0 released

Reply #25
Hmmm... it doesn't work for me here unfortunately. I can issue the -help command but when I try to encode something it just crashes and Windows error reporting window pops up. 

Are there some dependencies that weren't required with the previous version?

BTW, my cpu is Intel Celeron (Tualatin) - Instructions: MMX, SSE

It should work on machines with only SSE (and without any enhanced instruction set for that matter). You should be able to extract some more info form that WER window.

Reply #26
Works fine here with foobar2000, Win7 Pro 32 bit, i5-750

Works with foobar2000, but not perfectly.

I converted a 5 minute WAV file to m4a (96000Hz Stereo -q 1.0 ),
played it with foobar2000, the file length is wrong ( 15:45 ).

WMP, iTunes, Quicktime, MPC do not have the similar problem.

You probably need to update foobar2000, because older versions had an issue with the timescale for the iTunes gapless data.

I use the latest stable version v0.9.6.9,
do I need to upgrade to v1.0 beta?

Reply #27
Works fine here with foobar2000, Win7 Pro 32 bit, i5-750

Works with foobar2000, but not perfectly.

I converted a 5 minute WAV file to m4a (96000Hz Stereo -q 1.0 ),
played it with foobar2000, the file length is wrong ( 15:45 ).

WMP, iTunes, Quicktime, MPC do not have the similar problem.

You probably need to update foobar2000, because older versions had an issue with the timescale for the iTunes gapless data.

I use the latest stable version v0.9.6.9,
do I need to upgrade to v1.0 beta?

Yeah, I think so. Although it seems that even that version it is not completely fixed yet (for your case it seems to be ok): For HE AAC files foobar2000 still seems to use the wrong timescale.

Reply #28
Am I correct in assuming there were no major changes/optimizations to low-bitrate (~100kbps range) encoding in the LC profile?

Reply #29
newest version of nero aac works perfectly on my zune  no more endless track bug.

Reply #30
newest version of nero aac works perfectly on my zune  no more endless track bug.

edit: nope, bug is  back mysteriously.

Reply #31
dang, this sucks. I was hoping that the time bug would be fixed...really wanted to use nero instead of LAME

Reply #32
Yes, i can confirm the "Time Bug" with foobar2000. I really didn't noticed it (converted more than 1.000 tracks) until it was mentioned here  .

Reply #33
Yes, i can confirm the "Time Bug" with foobar2000. I really didn't noticed it (converted more than 1.000 tracks) until it was mentioned here  .

... but can't reproduce it. I'll better stop claiming.

Reply #34
any chance of a 64bit verion build for linux? otherwise still an amazing program!

Reply #35
well, I'm still using foobar2000 0.9.4.x (for UI reasons), and I have not had any "time display" issues between Nero and iTunes, so that seems to be a non-issue for older versions of foobar2000.

now that I've done a fair amount of testing, I have a quick question-  I've noticed that the quality scale was re-mapped to where -q0.50 once again returns files at an average bitrate of ~175kbps (over my entire library), and what I'm wondering is whether there was extra tuning done to any specific integer values (i.e. if I'd notice the same behavior at -q0.5x or -q0.5xx as I would at -q0.5)... the average bitrates of my files don't seem to fluctuate nearly as much as they used to (for instance, with v. 1.3.3, old max ~ 201kbps vs. new max ~ 192kbps and old min ~ 75kbps vs. new min ~ 145kbps), and I was just curious why there was such a noticeable change.
Archive- FLAC (-v 8)
Portable- QuickTime AAC (True VBR/-q 77)

Reply #36
Yeah, I think so. Although it seems that even that version it is not completely fixed yet (for your case it seems to be ok): For HE AAC files foobar2000 still seems to use the wrong timescale.
If I understand this correctly, a non-SBR-aware decoder can't gaplessly decode your files?
Microsoft Windows: We can't script here, this is bat country.

Reply #37

If I understand this correctly, a non-SBR-aware decoder can't gaplessly decode your files?

No, you have to use the LC AAC samplerate from the audio specific config, so SBR has no influence.

Reply #38
the bug is on the zune side...I was hoping that one of the portable music players that the nero devs solved the compatibility problems with was the zune...there is an endless time bug with zune and aac files and it often locks up the player.

Reply #39
Woo!  Genres now show up on my cell phone (chocolate 3).  That was a show stopper for me. 

Reply #40
anyone knows-- what format it is better to feed to neroaacenc? pcm wav: 32 bit float, 32 bit int, 24 bit int or 16 bit int? --what it is using internally?

Reply #41
It seems that high sampling rate files have the file-length problems,
I did some quick tests, 8000 Hz ~ 48000 Hz(mono and stereo) is OK,
88200 Hz and 96000 have the bug.

Reply #42
Woo!  Genres now show up on my cell phone (chocolate 3).  That was a show stopper for me. 

I had initial issues with my LG Chocolate Touch now showing track tag information until I copied the tracks off of the member card and onto its internal storage (a paltry 1GB).  Kind of strange but that is one more device which Nero works with without issues.

Reply #43
Hey Korn, have you tried editing the tags with another program yet?  The LGs are picky as hell.  Tags that Winamp created with CT AAC would work (occasionally) but if modified with Mp3tag, or others, they'd rewrite the genre field where the phone couldn't read it.  What information wasn't showing for you?  I've only had problems with the genre field.

Reply #44
Are iTunes Chapters now supported as well?

Reply #45
Hey Korn, have you tried editing the tags with another program yet?  The LGs are picky as hell.  Tags that Winamp created with CT AAC would work (occasionally) but if modified with Mp3tag, or others, they'd rewrite the genre field where the phone couldn't read it.  What information wasn't showing for you?  I've only had problems with the genre field.

iTunes written tags seem to be hit or miss.  For example, I had some iTunes AAC files where the tags didn't show up, Nero 1.5.1 files where the tags showed up without issues, iTunes Plus purchases with tagging issues, and now I am having issues with some Nero 1.5.1 files.  I know that this isn't Nero's fault but rather LG's software implementation for the portable music player (or whoever makes it).  So I have yet to find a combination that was solid.  I edited some tags with foobar2000 and they didn't show up either.  The tags are very basic on my LG Chocolate Touch.  Artist, album, and genre are about all I have found.  This cellphone came in on the 24th of December (2 days ago) so I am still in the process of learning the ins and outs.  AAC playback goes off without a hitch whether I am working with LC or HE files but tag support seems to be all over the place.  I am not sure why it is having issues with iTunes standard tags as that seems to be the implementation that everyone else is using.

Reply #46
That sucks.  I know it's not Nero's fault.  I had the chocolate 2 and that phone was just as picky with tags as this one.  I always found wma tags had the fewest problems... yeah I know.  At least I can upgrade my phone january 17th (woo!).

Reply #47
Nero AAC Codec v1.5.1.0
Foobar 2000 v1.0 beta 5
Win XP SP3
Atlon XP 3200 (Barton)

FAIL!

Reply #48
I only tried the new version once but I had the same kind of warning than CWP with Nero V1.5.1.0+F2K V0.9.6.9+Sempron 3000+(Barton)+Win XP SP3 ... I didn't have the time to retry as I was preparing Christmas.

Reply #49
Nero AAC Codec v1.5.1.0
Foobar 2000 v1.0 beta 5
Win XP SP3
Atlon XP 3200 (Barton)

FAIL!

There appears to be an issue with CPU's that have SSE but no SSE2, we'll address it and release an update ASAP.