Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_dsp_lowpass (discussion) (Read 59 times) previous topic - next topic - Topic derived from foo_dsp_lowpass plugin

foo_dsp_lowpass (discussion)

Lowpass filter.
Can be used before lossy encoding, if your encoder of choice doesn't have lowpass filter with arbitrary frequency.
Download

This is what I was looking for. Many thanks
🇺🇦 Glory to Ukraine!

Re: foo_dsp_lowpass (discussion)

Reply #1
Can u PLEASE implement a -24dB Subsonic Filter (HighPass) too?! I would be VERY pleased, cause thats what i miss "right from beginning"

Reply #2
Can u PLEASE implement a -24dB Subsonic Filter (HighPass) too?! I would be VERY pleased, cause thats what i miss "right from beginning"

This lowpass filter is just a part of SoX resampler. This plugin is just truncated resampler plugin.
I don't know how to properly implement subsonic highpass filter.

Reply #3
So far this has been a sort of week-end fun-time a plugin in for me. I load my playlist with sufficiently percussive material, then I set freq to 3500 and width to 1%. The chirpy ringing is really amusing. From here on tweaking phase lets you hear the difference between pre-ringing and post-ringing very clearly.

I suppose the default width of 5% is reasonable when used prior to lossy encoding?

Reply #4
Plugin messes up channel mask for non-standard channels layouts. For example 5.0 becomes 4.1 when passing through plugin.

Reply #5
lvqcl
foobar2000 1.5.4, foo_dsp_lowpass.dll 0.0.4
“default” button inside plugin’s settings does not reset settings
• Join our efforts to make Helix MP3 encoder great again
• Opus complexity & qAAC dependence on Apple is an aberration from Vorbis & Musepack breakthroughs
• Let's pray that D. Bryant improve WavPack hybrid, C. Helmrich update FSLAC, M. van Beurden teach FLAC to handle non-audio data

Reply #6
@lvqcl, could you update foo_dsp_lowpass to x64, please?
• Join our efforts to make Helix MP3 encoder great again
• Opus complexity & qAAC dependence on Apple is an aberration from Vorbis & Musepack breakthroughs
• Let's pray that D. Bryant improve WavPack hybrid, C. Helmrich update FSLAC, M. van Beurden teach FLAC to handle non-audio data