Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: How can I recover corrupted .flac files? (Read 1839 times) previous topic - next topic

How can I recover corrupted .flac files?

Hello, How can I recover corrupted files from a Hard Drive?, I've done some search on google but all I get is links to sites who sell software to repair corrupted files but I don't even know which one works, I would really like to know if there's a free utility or one that I can try first in order to see if it works, also if someone knows a method that I could try myself in order to recover those files I'd be grateful if you'd let me know

I was checking some folders on my external USB hard drive on the Windows explorer and suddenly I got a windows notification that sayed "the following files couldn't be saved to your hard drive" and now when I want to open that folder again I got the message "the folder or files are corrupted and unreadeable"

PLEASE HELP!

The files are some .flac music files VERY IMPORTANT to me

Also: How can I prevent from this happening again and what could be the cause?

Thanks!
"If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off"
- Sir Isuck Newton -