Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: [Not my release] Biography view (Read 490887 times) previous topic - next topic

[Not my release] Biography view

Reply #225
@ssenna

Thread with highest CPU usage was 0x0. Peaking at 12.42. After pause it was down to 4.5 'ish

Double clicking on thread gave error message - unable to access thread.

Hope this helps.

Reply #227
forbidden 403 download links

Reply #228
@ssenna
Sorry to say but similar results to test2.

Not sure if this helps but with this plugin disabled (Last.fm moved to available list) UI is fully responsive and Lyrics Show panel2 manages to grab lyrics from internet with no pause in UI.

Reply #229
Wild speculation, but maybe you're holding metadata locks in your background jobs, blocking some other track change callback?
Stay sane, exile.

Reply #230
Is there any possibility of using last.fm database for tagging metadata of songs? (Title, Genre, Date etc)

Reply #231
@ssenna
Sorry to say but similar results to test2.

Thanks for the reporting.

It is too difficult for me to fix this problem without reproducing on my PC.
so, I need the way to reproduce it.

I'd like to know the following.
(1) What about if you change setting in Preferences->BiographyServer->Misc tab.
(2) Are you using the titleformat fields provided by biography view such as %lastfm_bio%, somewhere else (except exclusion filter).
(3) Does it occurr with foobar2000 v0.9.6.9 or not ?
(4) Does it occurr when you have portable installation and add only ColumnsUI + foo_uie_biography, or not ?

In addition, could you try test version5 that avoids fetching via foobar2000 core api ?
(note that this version don't support proxy server)
Sorry for asking so many trying tests.

Wild speculation, but maybe you're holding metadata locks in your background jobs, blocking some other track change callback?

Thanks for your suggestion.
metadb_lock/unlock method is used in mainthread before running worker-threads.
I am looking for codes which have possibility of locking main-thread(e.g. critical section),
but I have not found yet.

Is there any possibility of using last.fm database for tagging metadata of songs? (Title, Genre, Date etc)

I considered before.
I think current database of Last.fm is not enough for tagging use.

Reply #232
@ssenna
I appreciate your efforts and can understand how difficult it is fixing the problem that you can not reproduce.

I'll try to do as many of the tests as possible.

Trying test5 gave a pause of 41 secs with LastFM selected but below the core built-in reader and 17 secs when it was above the core reader. Repeating the test gave 40 secs no matter which was at the top.

Off to find a PC for portable and v9.6.9 tests. It won't have Windows 7 on it though. All my other PCs are XP - a mixture of 64 and 32 bits.

Reply #233
@ssenna
If I de-select 'Provide info as field of titleformat' and still using test5, no pause!

We must be getting close now!

Reply #234
If I de-select 'Provide info as field of titleformat' and still using test5, no pause!

Thank you. Good news.

I guess trigger of this problem is calling static_api_ptr_t<metadb_io>()->dispath_refresh()
which notify core and all components that metadata of a track has changed.

I want to clarify whether other components (especially library viewer component) cause the performance degradation.
( Does it occurr when you have newly portable installation and add only ColumnsUI + foo_uie_biography ? )

Reply #235
Further testing:

OS Windows Vista 64bit
Foober2000 1 b5. Portable installation - Default components with Columns UI & biography panel (test5) - no library tree

No pause

Reply #236
No pause

I think this problem may be caused rather by other components .
If you need "Provide info as field of titleformat"(i.e. %lastfm_bio%), please try test by adding your using components one by one.

Reply #237
Hi ssenna
I realise you have spent considerable effort on this problem - thanks.

I have taken many plugins out but am no further forward. Then I generated a configuration with all the UI plugins in my original layout with one exception, I didn't use your panel stack splitter. I've used your lastest Biography plugin and don't see any pause. Then with the same set of plugins, I switched to my original config and see the usual long pause.

So you maybe correct about it being another component but at the moment I think it's pointing back to another one of yours - sorry!

Reply #238
ssenna
plz add save image pattern for "Folder Containing Track"

Reply #239
@mpioner
+1

Or is there a similar way to save the image to the folder which contains the track? It's possible by the context menu but it's not automatically.
Would be nice!

Reply #240
plz add save image pattern for "Folder Containing Track"

Please set "Folder Path" in contextmenu->Save Image->Config... to appropriate script like "$replace(%path%,%filename_ext%,)"
then, select Save Image->As...

It's possible by the context menu but it's not automatically.

well...
Is there a reason you don't use "Specify file paths" in Cache File Setting ?

edit: grammar mistake.

Reply #241
My current saving pattern is:

Code: [Select]
D:\Foobar beta\biography\image\album\$replace(%album artist% - %album%,/,_,:,_,\,_,.,_)

I want to change the first part to a relative path where foobar is located, like:

%foobar_path%\biography\...

How do i do this? (if I check option save to foobar folder i can't use any titleformatting  )

Reply #242
How do i do this? (if I check option save to foobar folder i can't use any titleformatting  )

foobar2000 folder: %__foobar2000_path%
user profile folder: %__user_profile_path%
(these fields can be available in cache path setting)

Reply #243
Thanks

Reply #244
Firstly, thank you for this awesome plug-in, it's a great work!
I have been using this plug-in for a long time, I still have no idea about some options.

i) There is a option "Lock display type" in the context menu, I don't understand what this option means;

ii) When I'm playing a song, sometimes the console will display: Location not parsable: "Z:\music\Cover\Artist\****.jpg", reason: Unsupported file format.
You know, "Z:\music\Cover\Artist\****.jpg" is where my images locate. But I don't know what this information means, does this means the images located in the disk not match that on the last.fm resource?

iii) The images extension vary from .jpg, .npg to .gif, I don't know in what situation will the file extension be, does this depend on the images on the internet resource? and avoid overwriting the files?

I know these are silly questions, but I'm so curious that I can't help to know, would you mind telling me anything about these, or explaining in the readme.txt? Thanks a lot!

Reply #245
0.4.0.0 released. DUI support added.

Reply #247
the new version crashes on my system while using one of the two context menu options (using foobar v1):
- get artist pictures from lastfm
- get artwork from lastfm

this happens both in xp and windows 7

Reply #248
Confirmed.
foobar2000 crashes immediately when one of these both context menu entries are called.
(Windows 7 64bit, crashes in CUI & DUI)

Reply #249
feature request: last.fm sometimes return biography text with special html chars like "&iacute;" which should be translated as unicode char "í"