2. Thanks for the clarification. I'll pay attention to my queries and see if this explains the behavior I see.
1. It used to be that starting a search with a double quote (") would pause the search thread until the closing double quote was typedChanged when? That's certainly not what happens in 1.3 at least. Double quote is searched when it's typed.
2. More important, searching for parts of titles or attributes does not turn filter out the correct items.The search has been changed. When one types only lower case letters loose matching is used and the search is case insensitive and letters with diacritics can be shown even when they aren't typed. For example typing "a" can show you results that contain "A" or "Å".
If you however use upper case letters or type a letter with diacritic, only exact match is allowed.
I see no missing results here.
Is there a chance for some kind of auto-fill functionality assigned to the 'next' and 'previous' command? I'd like to listen through an album by just clicking on one of the titles and go from there by 'previous' or 'next' without selecting specific titles.
Additionally, it would be great if the currently played song would somehow be indicated in the Library Tree view (e.g. by another background color of the title text or a rectangle around the title text etc).
Another question: when using your script and the JS Smooth Browser from Br3tt/marc2k3 in one skin, in my case the panel properties of both scripts are mixed in the same list (e.g. _DISPLAY... in the Library Tree Panel Properties). Probably this is not indended - just to let you know.
Thanks for the great scripts!
Ever since foobar2k 1.4 the search in the Album List component has become unreliable.
1. It used to be that starting a search with a double quote (") would pause the search thread until the closing double quote was typed which saved some time and performance in big libraries. That's a change in behavior, maybe not a bug.
2. More important, searching for parts of titles or attributes does not turn filter out the correct items. E.g. I have an album with the "ALBUM TITLE" field set to "The XYZ" with "COMPOSER" set to "ABC". I used to be able to just type ABC in the search field and album "The XYZ" would show up. Not anymore. Searching for "XYZ" will also not always turn up "The XYZ". By the way, none of the albums by composer ABC show up in the search results.
Anybody else noticed this? Have I missed a history entry documenting this?
I have most of my components available for both the 1.4 series and older 1.1-1.3 series, some special ones like Bookmark File that I made for someone on request or alternative TAK decoder that perhaps only I use aren't compiled with older SDK.
But 1.4 SDK doesn't bring such features that forces people to only target it. Should be possible for anyone to make a 1.3 version on request.
First some data: Foobar is the latest version 3.17, running on latest update of Windows 10. I installed Pioneer driver V 1.03 for Windows. Then I installed:
- foo_input_sacd -> version 1.0.11
- foo_out_asio -> version 2.1.2
- Asio Proxy -> version 0.94
- DSD Transcoder -> vesrion 1.0.10
I have the possibility to select as Output: DSD:ASIO: foo_dsd_asio. But where I can make allignment between Proxy and the real Pioneer driver ?
In older versions of F2K it was possible to do it but now there are no options for that. I have Transcoder but it does not also have any option for alignment.
Until now I used Shiit Loki DSD DAC and it worked very well with Wasapi driver, directly without any ASIO support. Pioneer refuses this direct communication for DSD (PCM works just fine with Wasapi).
Best solution is to put the files inside MP4 containers and give them .m4a extension. This can be done with for example ffmpeg.
Another option is to use foo_input_ffmpeg with foobar2000 v1.4 series. You can make ffmpeg input preferred over native AAC handler and configure *.AAC to be decoded with ffmpeg.