Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_vis_shpeck (Read 730988 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_vis_shpeck

Reply #350
IPC 3026 is mentioned here.

foo_vis_shpeck

Reply #351
I am getting some other weird stuff in my console, 0.3.0, can you tell me what it means?
Generally, it means some application is trying to get some information from "Winamp", but Shpeck doesn't know what to do with that request. The command in your log (see kode54's link for details about what it's good for) has been implemented in v0.3.1 beta 1, so you might try the latest beta and report if it works fine.
Full-quoting makes you scroll past the same junk over and over.

foo_vis_shpeck

Reply #352
Ahhhhh, lightbulb moment!  It was this, it wasn't working, but I forgot to disable it, but now I have and the stuff in my console has stopped. Thanks.

With the new beta, I see it's called "foo_vis_shpeck-0.3.1-beta-2.dll" - can I/should I rename it to "foo_vis_shpeck.dll"? If that would break it, I assume I need to remove the old version right? But wouldn't that get rid of my settings?

foo_vis_shpeck

Reply #353
Component configuration is remembered by file name, therefore you should rename it. That name with version is just for reference on the server.
(Or if you killed the musictracker thing anyway, don't bother now, I'm going to put up 0.3.1 final till the end of the week.)

foo_vis_shpeck

Reply #354
Okay, next final out.

Shpeck v0.3.1
(obsolete links removed)

Changelog:
  • New: Presence of plugins DLLs is checked at startup and they are removed from the list if missing (e.g. after transferring configuration to a different computer).
  • New: Implemented IPC_GETRATING - returns %rating%, clamped to 0..5 for compatibility.
  • New: Implemented IPC_GET_EXTENDED_FILE_INFO, IPC_GET_EXTENDED_FILE_INFOW, IPC_GET_EXTENDED_FILE_INFO_HOOKABLE, IPC_GET_EXTENDED_FILE_INFOW_HOOKABLE. Checks special cases first - "length", "year" (%date%), "type" (always 0), and "family" (%codec%) at the moment -, then meta fields, then technical info.
  • Fixed: Title formatting preview sometimes doesn't work in Preferences.
  • Fix: Bug when shift+clicking on [...] in Preferences multiple times.
  • Fix: "Current directory" temporarily reset to foobar2000's application directory when loading plugins to avoid unresolved DLL dependencies. (Bug with VST wrapper)

foo_vis_shpeck

Reply #355
Thank you very much for this component.

It works realy fine embedded in the DUI on the latest foobar (version 0.9.6.3) on Vista X64. I'm running the latest milkdrop (version 2.1) out of the box.
The only thing I've noticed is that my gfx card is not showing up in de selectbox under the milkdrop config page. It works perfectly though!

foo_vis_shpeck

Reply #356
Thanks for positive feedback.
See this and two next posts regarding the problems in MilkDrop's preferences dialog. (I would not recommend turning whole UAC off though, just change permissions on the folder for a while or store it somewhere else completely - I use C:\Users\Yirkha\AppData\Local\Winamp).

foo_vis_shpeck

Reply #357
See this and two next posts regarding the problems in MilkDrop's preferences dialog. (I would not recommend turning whole UAC off though, just change permissions on the folder for a while or store it somewhere else completely - I use C:\Users\Yirkha\AppData\Local\Winamp).
Thank you, that works!
I created a 'fake' winamp folder in my compontents folder. With a text file renamed to winamp.exe and the winamp plugins folder. I gave 'all users' modify rights on the winamp folder only.

foo_vis_shpeck

Reply #358
maybe I found a bug, but I am not sure ^^

when I use the shpeck panel in a panel stacker splitter and want to hide the PSS the shpeck panel inside doesn't stop

and when I use milkdrop1 it won't load in the panel, it always open an extra window, milkdrop2 works fine in the panel

take care
Chris-

foo_vis_shpeck

Reply #359
1/ I'm not surprised, the Stop when hide feature is an ugly hack. I might look at it more "when I'm bored".

2/ Do you have "WINDOWED MODE > Integrate with Winamp" enabled in MilkDrop's preferences?

foo_vis_shpeck

Reply #360
1. okidoki
2. ahhahaa! thank you  works fine

foo_vis_shpeck

Reply #361
Stop when hide works works for me in a panel stacker splitter provided the panel is resized to zero size when hidden, e.g. $movepanel_c(shpeck,0,0,0,0)

foo_vis_shpeck

Reply #362
yeah but thats the original shpeck panel I mean a splitter+shpeck inside the root splitter

foo_vis_shpeck

Reply #363
You mean in generic splitter, not in PSS itself? Maybe it fits into the behaviour described in this and following posts? I didn't change anything related to that since then.

foo_vis_shpeck

Reply #364
no no I mean PSS ^^

foo_vis_shpeck

Reply #365
Yirkha, I want to thank you, for this beautiful piece of work. I still keep the last version of Sonique around because I just love well done visuals.
I can't thank you enough. MilkDrop works better then it dose in winamp. What a beautiful gem.  Long live foobar!
Long live Yirkha!

foo_vis_shpeck

Reply #366
@developer:
small bug  nothing serious, about the Winamp spam options

some artists or titles who contains '.', '-' or ';' are cut or not displayed  (in other programs of course )

take care
Chris-

foo_vis_shpeck

Reply #367
Well Winamp used window title formatted like "Artist - Title - Winamp" a long time ago and ever since, lazy people have used it to get info about currently playing track. Naturally it's just guessing when the "-" is present in artist or song name too... (I don't know why "." or ";" should fail too, but I guess it's related.)

foo_vis_shpeck

Reply #368
well no
1. I am not lazy
2. didn't use the whole title string to read the informations, Litestep reads only the one you want to display, don't know why but winamp_spam-0.98 works fine!

foo_vis_shpeck

Reply #369
1. I am not lazy
I wasn't refering to you, but authors of random "other programs" you mentioned - getting the basic info from window title is still often used (and broken by design).
2. didn't use the whole title string to read the informations, Litestep reads only the one you want to display.
So how do you really get it in LS? Using xStatsClass? Which exact command? I'd like to have something specific to test.

foo_vis_shpeck

Reply #370
xStats exactly

well its quite simple
you made a label

Code: [Select]
*Label testfoo
testfoox 200
testfooy 100
testfoowidth 400
testfooheight 40
testfootext "[winampTitle('put what')] - [winampArtist('ever you want')] - [winampAlbum('scribble di dibble')]"

when you now start foobar and plays some songs
"R.E.M." for example it shows only "E.M" or some classic songs with a weird title "D-Minor 90324u0rujrou0wen 043ur09 dadadum"  and it shows only 20

//edit
or try my theme http://chiwou.deviantart.com/art/VPR-LS-113179695

foo_vis_shpeck

Reply #371
It works as I thought, just change your current track title formatting in Shpeck preferences to something like "%tracknumber%. [%artist%' - ']%title%".

foo_vis_shpeck

Reply #372
mmh already done ?!

foo_vis_shpeck

Reply #373
mmh already done ?!
Who have done what to whom?!

Winamp formats the title approximatelly like this: "[font= "Courier New"]%playlist_index%. %artist% - %title% - Winamp[/font]" (e.g. "[font= "Courier New"]1. R.E.M. - Radio Free Europe - Winamp[/font]")
Shpeck by default uses formating like "[font= "Courier New"]%artist% - %title% - Winamp[/font]" (e.g. "[font= "Courier New"]R.E.M. - Radio Free Europe - Winamp[/font]")

All applications are consistent in cutting off the ending "[font= "Courier New"] - Winamp[/font]".

However xStatsClass wants to cut off also the beginning part - "[font= "Courier New"]%playlist_index%. [/font]". With regard to Shpeck it means that when artist name or track title doesn't contain a dot, it doesn't do anything. When it does, a part of the name is cut off instead by mistake ("[font= "Courier New"]R.E[/font]" in the example above). I suggested altering the pattern to include "[font= "Courier New"]<anything>. [/font]" at the beginning as well, so that it's always cut off correctly.

(Anyway, parsing track info from the simple window title is just stupid, they should get ARTIST/TITLE directly using the same method as they get ALBUM, these problems would never exist then.)

foo_vis_shpeck

Reply #374
yes I understand that

that is not the problem for me(and only for me, I think), when I use shpeck I've to use the format string "%tracknumber%. [%artist%' - ']%title%"
no Problem, so I don't really care

BUT when I use this format string "[%artist%' - ']%title%", and thats the same I use in winamp_spam, only shpeck cuts the first letters
that is what I don't understand, I think both components use the same way to create a "Winamp" window, right?

and that means that shpeck handles the format different than winamp_spam, so its kind of a bug

and as I said its nothing serious  but I noticed it and I want you to know it, thats all

take care
Chris-