Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: SimPlaylist (foo_simplaylist) (Read 248857 times) previous topic - next topic

SimPlaylist (foo_simplaylist)

Reply #250
I seem to be having an issue with displaying ratings. First of all, an image:

As you can see, the default ratings column doesn't seem to communicate properly with Playback Statistics. I made a separate columns displaying %rating_stars_fixed% and %rating% and those shows the correct value (in this case, 3*). 

However, if I do use the default column to rate a track it writes the value in the song's tag as <RATING>.

If by any chance I do get stuck using my custom column, how would I go about making it show empty stars for unrated tracks and how would I dim them? <&> seem to only work on text.

Reply #251
This seems like a bug: When I try to use a foo_customdb field (whose key, in case that might matter, is %album artist%) in a group header, all it returns is "?". The same field works fine in the playlist's columns.

Reply #252
i haven't checked the whole thread, so i don't know if the following has been adressed...

i really like the grouping possibilites, unfortunately this component has the same shortcomings as the standard playlist view, so i would like to make a feature proposal:
1. is it possible to implement a searchbar? i know, that there is a search panel, but i wonder if this could be integrated into the playlist view...
2. i'd really love to lock certain panels to specific playlists...
3. the possibility to disable the column header would be great...
4. furthermore, but not as important: any chance of adding $rgb, $transition, etc for columns?

Reply #253
I read about the earlier complaining about needing "lots of horizontal scrolling space" to view classical music, and just thought I would share two examples of how I organise mine:

Reply #254
I'm sure this is covered in the documentation, and it seems to have been discussed earlier in the thread, but I can't quite figure it out.

I'm using SimPlaylist, using the default "Album / Cover" group setting. It works fairly well for me, except that some of my older tracks are out of order in their respective directories on my computer. Their tags are accurate, but because the actual files are out of order, SimPlaylist seems to default to listing them that way. Is there any way to have SimPlaylist, by default, sort the tracks in groups by track number instead of path--without having to click a column header?

Thanks. I'm still learning my way around foobar2000, and I appreciate any and all help you guys may offer. If I need to provide more information, please just let me know.

EDIT: I should clarify a bit: just clicking the "Track" column header to sort doesn't work for what I want to do, because that sorts by track before all else, including other groups and organizational structures. I want it to work almost exactly the way it currently works, only changing the sort method for the tracks in groups. Hope that makes sense.

Reply #255
Press Ctrl-P and select Facets' preset section. Just below the custom columns is one line, where the default sort order can be set. Type there something like

%album artist%|%album%[|%discnumber%]|%track number%

Then the default grouping will be:
Album artist >> Album >> (If there's a discnumber, then use this for sorting, too) >> Track

This option allows also more complex title formatting strings. E.g. you can evaluate parts of tag strings or your filename, if you want to sort by this options. If you, for example, have some files with no tags but with filenames according to "Artist - Title.mp3", then you can let foobar split this strings and use the result for sorting.

Reply #256
Press Ctrl-P and select Facets' preset section. Just below the custom columns is one line, where the default sort order can be set.

Oh, so it's part of Facets and not SimPlaylist. Oops.

Your advice worked and I got it taken care of, though. Thanks for your help. 

Reply #257
Do the work to eliminate this error? 

Reply #258
@ Southwest:
Oops, sorry... I haven't read properly.

The same option is also possbile at the SimPlaylist's section: Select the option "Groups" and in the middle of the page is the same line as in facets. Your problem is solved by facets because the facets's option determines the way how the library loads tracks to the Library Viewer or another playlist.

If you want to set a default sorting order for tracks not in your library or loaded directly from windows explorer, you should copy the string from facets' page to SimPlaylist's group page (but don't delete it at facets' page).

@ Slamvan:

That's a quite... strange behavior of facets/SimPlaylist. Make another "title" facet and check, if there's some specific track selected/there are any tracks. Only to know where the current error appears.

Reply #259
I have a dumb question...

From the wiki:

SimPlaylist includes a second UI element that acts as a playlist search. It can be opened via Edit, Search (F3) or embedded into the user interface.

How do I integrate the search UI rather than using the F3 window?

Reply #260
I have a dumb question...

From the wiki:

SimPlaylist includes a second UI element that acts as a playlist search. It can be opened via Edit, Search (F3) or embedded into the user interface.

How do I integrate the search UI rather than using the F3 window?

Did not see it under layout editor earlier, but found it now...however, if the search window doesn't show the playlist contents by default (when there is no search string) then it can't be used as a playlist replacement and ends up taking redundant screen space -.-

Reply #262
Hi! this is my first post after many years of reading the forum

A question to Takaji, or whoever that could help me:

If the subscripts are displaying playcount data, could you please share the code to do that? I would like to have it in my layout. (I'm using SimPlaylist).

Thank you.

Excuse me for my english.

Cheers!

Reply #263
Hm... found a small bug just now playing with SimPlaylist - if I have no Album Artist information in my MP3 tag, the displayed tag information is corrupted. It's probably just unicode tags, but I had two or three Japanese albums that had their tag information show up fine in MP3 Tag & Rename and even in Windows Explorer, but was total gibberish in foobar2k. A simple copy and paste in Tag&Rename fixed it, though.

Edit: Hm... maybe not. I have some other albums without an Album Artist and they're displaying correctly. Although changing the Album Artist is the only thing I did and it fixed the problem.

Reply #264
Do the work to eliminate this error?

Hi!

I'm having this exact problem myself. What hardware are you running? I have an Nvidia GTX460 GFX card on an Intel 1155 i7-based rig. Haven't seen Frank in a while, but I hope he'll get to fix this issue. I think it started for me after a)updating my gfx card drivers or b)updating fb2k, but I suspect the choise a).
Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe

Reply #265
Just a reminder for the drawing problem workaroud: resize the f2k window a bit after startup (when everything is still fine) and it won't happen.

Reply #266
Simplaylist group settings:
Headers: [%album artist%]
Columns: [$year(%date%)|][%genre%|][%totaltracks%/%totaldiscs%]
Subgrouping: [%album%]

What I'm going for:
Only 1 heading per artist (album artist) with subgroupings by album.
If %album aritst% is empty automatically make the heading 'Various Artists.'
This would mean, by default, compilations would be grouped under the heading Various Artists, eliminating single tracks from being grouped separately (because usually ripping compilations have no album artist metadata).

If someone can code that 'various artist' part it'd be lovely. However, I have 2 actual problem besides not knowing how to code the last part:

Problem 1:
Some albums have tracks from them grouped separately by album despite having the same album title (usually most residing in one grouping and a couple in the other). Indentation is indicated by '-'. Looks like this:

Beastie Boys (heading)
--Album (subgroup)
----tracks 1-20 (except 4 & 7)

--Album (subgroup)
----tracks 4 & 7

I've made sure all tracks have the same metadata except track number, bpm, and the rest of the stuff that differs from track to track.

Problem 2:
Tracks are out of order for specific albums whether they have the problem described above (Problem 1) or not. The track numbers are correctly written and this occurs despite the sorting (other albums are correctly ordered when sorted by artist or album artist).

Btw, what is sorting by the first two left most columns using Simplaylist? This is the area cover art shows up (first column) and extra info (second column) using my settings.

Reply #267
Not offering much help here, but when you get a grouping that defies logic it is sometimes a leading/trailing space. In your example it may be that the second album grouping has the space. Select all, properties, select album, rt click, Clean up

Reply #268
Yes, they show playcounts! It's from an old Ibiza layout or something.

Here is the code:
Code: [Select]
[<<$replace(%play_count%,1,$char(185),2,$char(178),3,$char(179),4,$char(8308),5,$char(8309),6,$char(8310),7,$char(8311),8,$char(8312),9,$char(8313),0,$char(8304))>>]

If the subscripts are displaying playcount data, could you please share the code to do that? I would like to have it in my layout. (I'm using SimPlaylist).

Reply #269
Yes, they show playcounts! It's from an old Ibiza layout or something.

Thank you! Takaji. Now I have the playcount data displayed with superscripts 

Thanks also to Northpack for sharing his scripts.

Reply #270
Quick question for knowledgable users of SimPlaylist - is there a way to display, in a Group, the album art of the currently playing track within that group?  I have FLAC albums purchased from bandcamp.com where each FLAC file within a given album has a different embedded "Front Cover" - where the tracks from one of these albums make up a group, no album art at all is displayed.  I'd love to have the album art image for the group change to that of each included song, in turn as it is playing, if that's possible.

Thanks!

Reply #271
Quick question for knowledgable users of SimPlaylist - is there a way to display, in a Group, the album art of the currently playing track within that group?  I have FLAC albums purchased from bandcamp.com where each FLAC file within a given album has a different embedded "Front Cover" - where the tracks from one of these albums make up a group, no album art at all is displayed.  I'd love to have the album art image for the group change to that of each included song, in turn as it is playing, if that's possible.

Thanks!

Not exactly what you wanted, but it's a start - http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index....st&p=785472

Reply #272
I have looked everywhere and it seems that I am the only one who is wondering this:  Is there a way to display the number of albums by a certain artist?  Specifically, how would I go about formatting my artist header so that the "65" in the screenshot below is the number of albums by that artist?

Thanks for any and all help.

Reply #273
Hmm, just tried this out, it has great potential!

Support for a fuller range of Title Formatting would also be VERY welcome - especially $tab() and $rgb().

Reply #274
I have looked everywhere and it seems that I am the only one who is wondering this:  Is there a way to display the number of albums by a certain artist?  Specifically, how would I go about formatting my artist header so that the "65" in the screenshot below is the number of albums by that artist?

woah, this is a great idea. I don't think there is a way to do it automatically, you'd probably have to use a tag like %total albums% and manually set it.