Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_massdelete (Read 43843 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_massdelete

Massdelete recycles/deletes multiple files.

Options:
- Display delete confirmation dialog box.
- Display full file path in delete confirmation dialog (single file deletion only)
- Stop and restart playback if necessary (single file deletion only).
- Remove directories if empty.

Current version: 1.7.1 (20 Mar 2005)

You can get it here: http://pelit.koillismaa.fi/plugins/general.php#81

foo_massdelete

Reply #1
thank you.

- Lyx
I am arrogant and I can afford it because I deliver.

foo_massdelete

Reply #3
I forgot to mention that deleted files do NOT go in the recycle bin!
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=234378"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Would it be possible to make this an option as you've made the confirm dialog? I know some don't like the recycle bin but others (like me) think it serves a very useful purpose.

Thanks for the nice plugin

foo_massdelete

Reply #4
That's a cool plugin. I'm damn lazy and I like things that allow me to do less
Even emptying recycle bin is bothersome...
Stupidity is root of all evil.

foo_massdelete

Reply #5
I forgot to mention that deleted files do NOT go in the recycle bin!
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=234378"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Would it be possible to make this an option as you've made the confirm dialog? I know some don't like the recycle bin but others (like me) think it serves a very useful purpose.

Thanks for the nice plugin
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=235757"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I'll see what I can do 

foo_massdelete

Reply #6
That's a cool plugin. I'm damn lazy and I like things that allow me to do less
Even emptying recycle bin is bothersome...
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=235821"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I'm lazy too  You have nothing to worry, if I succeed in sending files to the recycle bin instead of deleting them, I'll make that an option too! 

foo_massdelete

Reply #7
Thanks, Wiz!

foo_massdelete

Reply #8
v1.1 is available!

Changes:
-It can now use the Recycle Bin (default in Configuration page) 
-"Delete" in right-click is now renamed to "Massdelete", so as not to be any confusion with other similar plugins.
-One-time reminder at first use that the Recycle Bin must be enabled in Recycle Bin Properties to be used by this plugin (just in case...)

Todo:
-"Remove directories if empty" option?
-Make it faster(?) by deleting all selected files with a single command, instead of deleting them one-by-one?

Enjoy! 

foo_massdelete

Reply #9
Suggest: When press Shift + Massdelete directly delete files form disk, if not than send to Recycle Bin. 

foo_massdelete

Reply #10
v1.2 is available!

Changes:
-It can now remove directories if empty (not default in Configuration page) 
-Improvements in delete confirmation dialogs.

Enjoy! 

@bluenet: this would be ideal, but I don't know if it can be done with current functionality that foobar2000 provides (combination of right-click menu & key-press).

foo_massdelete

Reply #11
@bluenet: this would be ideal, but I don't know if it can be done with current functionality that foobar2000 provides (combination of right-click menu & key-press).[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=236472"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

You could provide two different versions of the delete command: one that sends the deleted files to the recycle bin, and one that doesn't.

foo_massdelete

Reply #12
@bluenet: this would be ideal, but I don't know if it can be done with current functionality that foobar2000 provides (combination of right-click menu & key-press).[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=236472"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

You could provide two different versions of the delete command: one that sends the deleted files to the recycle bin, and one that doesn't.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=236475"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I suppose "Massdelete->Recycle" and "Massdelete->Delete" context menus are better interface-wise than the current option in the configuration page. I'll do that in the next few days, when I have some time.

foo_massdelete

Reply #13
ok, here's v1.3!

Changes:
- "Massdelete" context menu now has 2 options: "Send to Recycle Bin" and "Delete". The Recycle Bin option in the configuration page is gone.
- Removed "Remove directories if empty" (for now) because it didn't remove directories which had other empty directories. I'll see what I can do about that.

I think that I'll rest for a while 

foo_massdelete

Reply #14
Terrific plugin Wizard!  Thanks.

A suggestion to aid in distinguishing which command one just selected.  The dialog box should reflect which command was chosen, recyle bin or delete.

foo_massdelete

Reply #15
Terrific plugin Wizard!  Thanks.

A suggestion to aid in distinguishing which command one just selected.  The dialog box should reflect which command was chosen, recyle bin or delete.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=236555"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Thanks! 
But it does! The message (even the icon too) is different. These are the exact dialog messages and dialog titles that you get when you right-click in Window Explorer and choose "Delete" and Shift+"Delete". I deliberately did this to have the same feeling.

foo_massdelete

Reply #16
My mistake.  I should've checked again before posting.

foo_massdelete

Reply #17
v1.4!

Changes:
- Now it removes from playlist only the items that were successfully deleted. Previously, it would just call "Remove dead entries from playlist" (I was just lazy...) 

Enjoy! 

foo_massdelete

Reply #18
since you seem on top of this thing i'm not gonna update foo_Delete anymore... my windows C skills are minimal anyway.

whether or not you used my code from foo_Delete in foo_massdelete, I hearby grant you explicit written permission to use it in any way you see fit. However, I provide absolutely no warranty or guarantee of fitness or fitness for a particular purpose and use of such code absolves me from all responsibility for life, the universe, and everything.

peace

~e

foo_massdelete

Reply #19
since you seem on top of this thing i'm not gonna update foo_Delete anymore... my windows C skills are minimal anyway.

whether or not you used my code from foo_Delete in foo_massdelete, I hearby grant you explicit written permission to use it in any way you see fit. However, I provide absolutely no warranty or guarantee of fitness or fitness for a particular purpose and use of such code absolves me from all responsibility for life, the universe, and everything.

peace

~e
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=240660"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

LOL!    *presses Agree button to license* 

foo_massdelete

Reply #20
Wizard, thanks for your work.

I have some little requests for your plugin.

1) Option to assign DELETE key to one or another massdelete action. I know I can do it via keyboard shortcut in foobar config, but maybe it's easier for newbies.

2) An option to have a a confirmation dialog (like the one we have right now) that ask user whatever he wants:

--> To delete physically the files (send it to the recycle bin or delete it)
--> To delete the entries from the playlist.

This is very useful when you have (like me) DELETE key associated with Massdelete>Send to recycle bin. Sometimes I just want to delete the playlist selection, and not the file(s).

foo_massdelete

Reply #21
Wizard, thanks for your work.

I have some little requests for your plugin.

1) Option to assign DELETE key to one or another massdelete action. I know I can do it via keyboard shortcut in foobar config, but maybe it's easier for newbies.

2) An option to have a a confirmation dialog (like the one we have right now) that ask user whatever he wants:

--> To delete physically the files (send it to the recycle bin or delete it)
--> To delete the entries from the playlist.

This is very useful when you have (like me) DELETE key associated with Massdelete>Send to recycle bin. Sometimes I just want to delete the playlist selection, and not the file(s).
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=241207"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Hi!
I'll think about your suggestions, but since delete playlist selection exists, it's better to leave it outside massdelete. What I'd do is assign Ctrl+R to recycle files, Ctrl+D to delete files and leave Num Del to delete selection. Although I can see your point having one common shortcut for the functions.

foo_massdelete

Reply #22
Hi, Wizard

I'm missing one feature in another foo_delete plugin: delete on playing file

Often after playing some files for a while, I like to check them out one by one. Play one, if don't like it anymore, delete it right there, jump to and play next file automatically..., it's a handy way, isn't it?
So, is it possiable to add this feature in next version?
Thanks for your work.

foo_massdelete

Reply #23
Hi, Wizard

I'm missing one feature in another foo_delete plugin: delete on playing file

Often after playing some files for a while, I like to check them out one by one. Play one, if don't like it anymore, delete it right there, jump to and play next file automatically..., it's a handy way, isn't it?
So, is it possiable to add this feature in next version?
Thanks for your work.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=241332"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Hi!
This is the thing I plan to do in the future, but not right now since I have little time free. Maybe in a couple of weeks or so.

foo_massdelete

Reply #24
Thanks - looking forward to the version of this plugin that will allow the deletion / recycling of a file that is currently playing.

Is it possible to change the name of the option in the context menu from "Send To Recycle Bin" to just plain and simple "Recycle" ?