Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Effect of Quantization and Coding in AAC Encoder (Read 3253 times) previous topic - next topic

Effect of Quantization and Coding in AAC Encoder

I just wonder about effect of quantization and entropy coding in AAC encoder.

As I know, AAC encoder that is like FAAC, Nero, QAAC, etc will produce a different output although at the same bitrate. Right know, I want to know if this is happened because of quantization and entropy coding process in each encoder? If yes, what is the effect that make the output become different?

As far as I know, iTunes and nero is better than FAAC.

Thanks in advance...

Reply #1
They produce different output because they are different encoders. Quantization is one of many things that is handled differently.

Reply #2
I know that. But right now, I'm analyzing quantization and entropy coding for each audio output from the encoders.

Maybe the answer of this can be founded in two nested loop iteration process. But, I'm still confused. Please, help me...

Thanks you for answer...