Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Portable Iso AAC Player (Read 19287 times) previous topic - next topic

Portable Iso AAC Player

Reply #50
oh jeez... ok someone post all the switches you want me to test out on the expanium and i'll test them later today:)

Portable Iso AAC Player

Reply #51
Well I'd try testing -archive and -ultra first (without the -lc).  Those presets use LTP by default, and should run up to some fairly high bitrates, so that'd answer most of what I'm interested in

Portable Iso AAC Player

Reply #52
well heres some interesting results... they dont work with just plain -archive and -ultra, but they do work with -archive -adif and -ultra -adif... so i guess it just needs the adif header to work correctly not low complexity...:confused: 

Portable Iso AAC Player

Reply #53
WOO HOO! Awesome news, Oscar! I'm buying mine tomorrow!  Lets see, that's Good Guys - 1, Dolby/RIAA - 0...

Portable Iso AAC Player

Reply #54
heheh... its a good player, but it is slightly buggy... for example, for AAC files it displays the file name then has 0123456789 after the file name, and for MP3 files that have ID3 tags, it displays artist title then about 10 characters from the end of the previous song's title... :confused: oh well... i guess thats the price for AAC...

Portable Iso AAC Player

Reply #56
[laugh] Rock on. I have stayed away from mp3cd player's 'cause I don't want to lug discs around for mp3's ick sound quality.

but I think I'd pony up for this, and the 8cm discs are a nice tradeoff.

any chance of some firmware hack-age and some MusePack support?

Portable Iso AAC Player

Reply #57
Originally posted by Oscar1613
well heres some interesting results... they dont work with just plain -archive and -ultra, but they do work with -archive -adif and -ultra -adif... so i guess it just needs the adif header to work correctly not low complexity...:confused: 

Awesome indeed. Are my Rio Volt in danger?!? :eek:

Anyway what is the deal with this LC profile? Is the sound quality lower. Ivan?

Regards, Stoff

Portable Iso AAC Player

Reply #58
Pricewatch shows the exp30317 is available (link below) for $117. It comes with a full car stereo kit and uses full size CDs. The vendor description doesn't claim AAC support, although the technical specification pdf available from philips does. Unfortunately, the vendor only has a single review at resellerratings (which was a 7), so shop at your own peril.

http://www.uricom.com/component.asp?Cat_ID...P3/Audio Player

Portable Iso AAC Player

Reply #60
Frickin ADIF header doesn't seek though . Oh well...I just got the EXP503...I will confirm that all profiles on psytel work w/ -adif. The sound quality is probably the best I've heard in an mp3-cd player...alas not matching that of my ancient decrepit Sony D-E775. The old Sony has been banged up so bad by people that the ESP doesn't work and it's incredibly easy to skip. I only keep it around cause it has an optical out and sounds really good.

Portable Iso AAC Player

Reply #61
Oh as a note...I read the manual for both the 303 and 503. They are both >100db SNR. I don't know where the heck that guy saw 82. As for WMA...Oscar have you tried it on your player yet? I would except I only have 1 CDR that is already used :/.

Portable Iso AAC Player

Reply #62
on the philips website it lists it as 82 somewhere... theres a bunch of typos on the webpage... also says one of em requires 4AA even though there are only 2 battery compartments:rolleyes:

yeah i put a WMA file on there and it didnt recognize it at all... just skipped over it... oh well

Portable Iso AAC Player

Reply #63
Eh not a big loss....wma is only useful for 96kbps anyway and that's only on v7 (not v8). So xtreme profile works with ADTS on the expanium...but ultra and archive require ADIF correct?

Portable Iso AAC Player

Reply #64
Does anybody know a store in Canada that sells the expanium?  Amazon doesn't ship electronics to Canada and it is easier to deal with a store within the country for me.  If not, what would the best way for me to purchase it?  Thank you,

Jordan

Portable Iso AAC Player

Reply #65
im not sure about the adif/adts... i only tried with adif, havent played around with adts yet.

Portable Iso AAC Player

Reply #66
Well, I'm on my second Expanium 40117.  I returned the first one because it drained the single AA battery after about 24 hours, with the unit turned off.  I had trouble making an mp3 disk it could read, but that turned out to be related to my old CD writer, which apparently can't make good enough CD's for it.  My newer writer at work works just fine as far as making Expanium-readable CD's is concerned.

I got my second one, and it had the same problem, so this time I pulled my DVM.  The sucker draws 70 mA as soon as you pop in the battery.  When you turn it on, it draws about 300 mA, and when you turn it back off again, it draws 160 mA.  Then if I open the lid, the current drops back down to 90 mA.  What a POS!

I'm going to call technical support tomorrow, but I wonder if I really have a defective unit if already two of them behave the same way?  It must be a big design flaw.

ff123