Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Difference in MDCT for LTP (Read 4955 times) previous topic - next topic

Difference in MDCT for LTP

hi all,
        In case of AAC with LTP in decoder,after predicting the current frame by using the equation
    x_est(i) = ltp_coef*x_rec(i – M – ltp_lag)
we get the N predicted time samples(N,length of window transform)

After this we have to convert it to frequency domain using MDCT.. here can we use the same MDCT as in encoder for converting the time samples we read from the .wav file to f-domain, or is there any difference between the normal MDCT we use and the MDCT we use for LTP??
Please help

Regards
Pratheek

Reply #1
somebody please reply

Reply #2
I'm not an expert, but as far as I understand the specification, it should be the same transform that is used for conventional long blocks encoding.

If you are interested in actual implementation, you could take a look at the FAAC source code.

Reply #3
hi all,
        In case of AAC with LTP in decoder,after predicting the current frame by using the equation
    x_est(i) = ltp_coef*x_rec(i – M – ltp_lag)
we get the N predicted time samples(N,length of window transform)

After this we have to convert it to frequency domain using MDCT.. here can we use the same MDCT as in encoder for converting the time samples we read from the .wav file to f-domain, or is there any difference between the normal MDCT we use and the MDCT we use for LTP??
Please help

Regards
Pratheek

In the decoder, don't you need to do IMDCT? Therefore you cannot used MDCT in the encoder.
Or I may not understand your question clearly