Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Simple feature request for Default UI (Cover art) (Read 3407 times) previous topic - next topic

Simple feature request for Default UI (Cover art)

Hi. This is something I'd like to see; I think it wouldn't be too hard to implement (won't be much code).

First of all, I'd like to have more types of cover art: Inlays and possibly "extras", which could encompass the rest. It would also be nice to be able to have more than one of each. They could be named like this: disc.jpg, disc2.jpg, ... - the position of the numbers could be defined with some wildcard character or it could simply be static.

Second, I'd like to be able to flip through them in the cover art panel without right clicking. This could simply be a carousel/slider, like the one you see on many web pages. Clicking the image would bring up the next one in the loop; hovering over it would show subtle arrows for next/previous (possibly not looped). Arrows would only show up when there's more than one image on the disk.

Reply #1
Such a thing already exists as a JS script which you add to a WSH Panel Mod panel.

If you go to the WSH Panel Mod Script Discussion Help sub-forum you will find it posted somewhere.

Also, read this forum thread. <<<<<< Try using the original script first; it works better IMHO.

Reply #2
Such a thing already exists as a JS script which you add to a WSH Panel Mod panel.

WSH Panel Mod is way too much overhead for something that could be a simple addition to the Default UI. But I suppose everyone says that.

Reply #3
My opinion:

Yes, I think having a native auto-cycling artwork viewing panel which has context menu and mouse options would be a KILLER FEATURE for foobar2000.

Vinyl Records and Vinyl Ripping are making a big comeback with audiophile hobbyists, and one thing most rippers eventually end up doing is invest in a quality camera and/or scanner to capture the full glory of the artwork and unique provenance of the object . When listening to such a beautiful collection of things through a computer music player, nearly all users eventually end up wishing for what the O.P. is wishing for . All I can say is that the number of users wishing for such a feature from the software player is going to get larger and larger into the future. . .Of course I could also describe the hobby of CD ripping in the same way as the above .

---

And this is how it all looks to an artwork lover such as me (I use Nikon DSLR camera with Nikon 60mm Macro Lens, I don't like scanners...images are boring and one-dimensional):

[IMAGE] Compilation CD from 1994 - camera shoot by me (artist: Booker T & The MG's)

[IMAGE] 7" red vinyl single - camera shoot by me (artist: Puissance, a metal band from Sweden)

Image of my personal foobar2000 playing a Vinyl LP rip (the WSH artwork viewing panel is at middle-top):

trivia question: can you guess which track is actually playing in my foobar? ...it is ripped as whole sides not separate tracks.

Reply #4
having a native auto-cycling artwork viewing panel which has context menu and mouse options would be a KILLER FEATURE for foobar2000.
I think foo_uie_albumart already has all the needed features. Unfortunately it's no longer developed (and a bit unstable, although I still use it). But sources are available, so maybe some coder will resurrect it eventually.

Alessandro

Reply #5
I think foo_uie_albumart already has all the needed features. Unfortunately it's no longer developed (and a bit unstable, although I still use it). But sources are available, so maybe some coder will resurrect it eventually.

Switching to Columns UI is not an option.

Reply #6
Also, read this forum thread. <<<<<< Try using the original script first; it works better IMHO.

I was playing around with this and I can't seem to make it change background colors (item F2 in properties I believe). I simply want black instead of white - any tips?

Reply #7
I was playing around with this and I can't seem to make it change background colors (item F2 in properties I believe). I simply want black instead of white - any tips?

Post in that thread instead of this one.