Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Mp3Cue (Read 4030 times) previous topic - next topic

Mp3Cue

Hello. I have been playing around with this most excellent program and have an observation to post that may be helpful, and also a few questions I hope someone can help with.

I encoded a few files with Lame at 256 cbr. The files were full cd rips with cue sheets generated by EAC. The cue files did not work accurately until I added -t to the command  line. Winamp read these files as VBR even though they were not. With the addition of -t, the cue files jived with the mp3's again.

Question 1  Is there a plug-in possible for Winamp that would allow mp3cue to work accurately with vbr files? With much trial and error, a cue file can be edited so that it works accurately with a vbr file, but this cue file is then useless for the decoded wav.

Question 2  For the cbr files, is there an mp3 editor that could use the cue file to chop the full cd mp3 into individual songs, possibly naming them correctly as it chopped?:confused:

Mp3Cue

Reply #1
no problems with mp3cue and vbr here.

have you tried saving the cue information to the mp3?

Mp3Cue

Reply #2
I believe there was a discussion back in r3mix.net about VBR MP3 albums and Mp3Cue. MP3's VBR header was insufficient for very long MP3's thus decreasing seeking accuracy.

I have also encountered this problem, seek point that Mp3Cue points to could be minutes off the real position.

APE, OGG and MPC seem to be pretty accurate with Mp3Cue however

Mp3Cue

Reply #3
Hi. Yeah, the cue is embedded in the mp3. Its definitely the seek with vbr causing proplems but I am wondering if it is a winamp thing or what.

Mpc isVBR and Nick says it works fine. I will e-mail the programer for mp3 trim about the auto editing feature but it is too damn bad that the quality of mp3 vbr is excluded from this wonderful programme:mad:

Mp3Cue

Reply #4
Read this thread a few days ago, thought "weird... I've never had any problems with mp3cue", and then forgot about.

Until today, when I tried to skip to a song and ended up about a minute off. I did a bit of testing and for me it only happens while using the MAD plugin... If I disable MAD everything is spot on again. Hope this can help someone... I'll see if I can post something on the MAD discussion list about this later today.

Mp3Cue

Reply #5
Well, I tried it with and without Mad and it still misses on the VBR stuff, or a cbr file without -t added. Mp3enc works fine.

Maybe I need a Winamp upgrade...

Mp3Cue

Reply #6
A long time ago Winamp 2 was my default player for any mp3 files. When I started to rip live and mixed cds, obviously, I have to rip the hole cd creating the mp3.cue sheet.
Winamp 2, 3 or 5 does not play this files by default, so I had to download the mp3cue 0.94 plugin from Guerrila Soft, but I noticed that the songs didn't start at the right time, I mean, 3 or 5 seconds after... so I decided to change my default player to foobar 2000 special. This player is really good, lite, does not consume pc resources like Winamp and can play mp3.cue files without any problems. You should try it... for free.
Greetings
Sonny Burnett.