Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Lame Compilation (Read 8218 times) previous topic - next topic

Lame Compilation

Reply #25
I have heard that the intel compilers cost money... does anybody know how much $$ ??

Also If I had the intel compiler and the lame source code would I need any other software to compile lame, or no?

Thanks...

Lame Compilation

Reply #26
Originally posted by RD
I have heard that the intel compilers cost money... does anybody know how much $$ ??

Check Intel's website, they have that information on there somewhere.  Fortunately they have a demo version, but it's time limited.

Also If I had the intel compiler and the lame source code would I need any other software to compile lame, or no?

Yes, you need MSVC installed also.  I've heard rumours that somehow it may be possible to set it up with cygwin instead but I have no idea how that would be possible.

Lame Compilation

Reply #27
RD

Unless you qualify for an academic discount, or can find someone who does, you are looking at about $500 each product!!

john33

Lame Compilation

Reply #28
Thanks guys...

Believe it or not i have MSVC...  ...and legally too ... long story... and I do qualify for an academic discount ...  maybe I'll try to get it so I can compile it with 5.0 for extra speed since i never upsample.... wonder how much better it is than 4.5  probably not earth shattering though...