Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_winamp_spam 0.9 beta (Read 371486 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_winamp_spam 0.9 beta

Reply #200
Upon attempting to use the plugin, If any invalid or unimplemented Winamp API features are called, You should have messages in foobar's console window that relate to those, Usually with the format of 'Unrecognized lparam 1243234' or something like that. If you paste those, It can help. Especially if you can map each to an action you tried performing in CD Art Display.

foo_winamp_spam 0.9 beta

Reply #201
With CD Art Display, I can switch tracks (Previous, Next) in foobar2000 but the Start/Pause functions don't work.

It also doesn't read the ID3v2 tags of the song being played so it doesn't display any of the information of the track.

Chronial broke it. see my post on the previous page.

it reads mp3 files that have ID3v2 tags but it doesn't work with all formats. keep in mind that CAD reads the info from the file. the plugin tells nothing about the file being played(well except in the title bar...)

foo_winamp_spam 0.9 beta

Reply #202

Yes, there were. I made the pause button behave like in winamp. the Winamp pause button does not resume playback if it is paused.

could you add an option in the preferences section so that i can toggle the old behavior on and off? It would make my life a bit more convenient since i downloaded a widget which does the same thing as CD Art Display and it really becomes annoying(not being able to play the song when it's paused).

I'm sorry, but I don't have much time at hand to look after my foobar components at the moment.
But of course you can play a song when it's paused - that's just what the play button does.

foo_winamp_spam 0.9 beta

Reply #203
when the pause button is clicked in Winamp while a song is playing, it pauses. when the pause button is clicked again while the track is paused, the song resumes. some applications don't offer a play button and only offer a pause which is the reason why it's a hassle to have to raise foobar2000 from the tray and click play.

foo_winamp_spam 0.9 beta

Reply #204
Great plugin!  Now I have my diNovo Mediapad displaying song information, just like Winamp.
Can't wait for a HD-AAC encoder :P

foo_winamp_spam 0.9 beta

Reply #205
when the pause button is clicked in Winamp while a song is playing, it pauses. when the pause button is clicked again while the track is paused, the song resumes. some applications don't offer a play button and only offer a pause which is the reason why it's a hassle to have to raise foobar2000 from the tray and click play.

this was discused before pls read the thread or search it i dont remember what conclusion comes from it

foo_winamp_spam 0.9 beta

Reply #206
Bad implementation of IPC_ISPLAYING. Returns 1 for playing and paused (for paused is 3, not according to documentation (in which it is 3) but according Winamp latest version).

foo_winamp_spam 0.9 beta

Reply #207
Hi

Sorry if the question is stupid, but it is not quite clear to me.

I actually have been tinkering with this a long time because I didn't want to ask anything obvious, but (long story short) for some reason I came to believe this component allowed the use of winamp plugins (at least input ones, wich is what I'm interested in) on foobar. I think that there was something like that some years ago when I first aproached foobar (0.7.x I believe) but, being a perfectionist, I was overwhelmed by all the options I didn't yet understand so I gave up and continued using winamp until some months ago.
Now I'm back and using foobar, I would like to use some winamp plugins (mainly chiptune input plugins for formats not available or not so well supported on foobar, like USF) on it, and researching the matter I came by foo_winamp_spam but I can't seem to get it to do the trick no matter how hard I try, and start to believe that maybe it is not even meant to do that...

Could someone help me with this?
Does foo_winamp_spam really do what I want it to or am I completelly wrong?
If it does, how do I make it work?
or if it does not, is there something else that does?

foo_winamp_spam 0.9 beta

Reply #208
Could someone help me with this?
Does foo_winamp_spam really do what I want it to or am I completelly wrong?
If it does, how do I make it work?
or if it does not, is there something else that does?

No it doesnt its simply translator. when some program want to use some winamp function or information it sends so called api call which is recieved by winamp and winamp act accordingly. This component just translate winamp api calls to foobars so many many programs using winamp api can be used with foobar now.
as for the seccond question. ive never heard of such component. only two i was hearing about is one that allow use of winamp visualisation plugins somehow (i know that milkdrop was runin on fb2k somehow with it) and seccond which somehow enables using of winamp dps plugins. sory dont use any of it so dont know the exact name of it

foo_winamp_spam 0.9 beta

Reply #209
... only two i was hearing about is one that allow use of winamp visualisation plugins somehow (i know that milkdrop was runin on fb2k somehow with it) and seccond which somehow enables using of winamp dps plugins. sory dont use any of it so dont know the exact name of it

Yeah, yeah, I saw those too (and neither I remember their names), but I'm interested in input plugins only. I don't even use visualizations or dsp's on winamp so those components are of no use to me.
Thanks for the explanation, though. I already understood spam could do that (mainly from the mention of those "now playing" programs for mirc and so), but since it said "API emulation" I thought it may give support for plugins too, wich is not even actively denied. I just got confussed over the possibility of finally getting rid of winamp, cause I now feel forced to use it for those plugins. I also tried xmplayer as it supports winamp inputs but I don't really like it at all.

I guess I'm stuck with it for now.

Thanks and sorry for filling the thread with unrelated stuff. ;)

foo_winamp_spam 0.9 beta

Reply #211
Thanks for this. It worked good with the latest Google Talk and foobar.
--
Kimme Utsi <http://kimme.blogspot.com/>

foo_winamp_spam 0.9 beta

Reply #213
WARNING : foo_winamp_spam: Unsupported WM_USER, lParam 214.
WARNING : foo_winamp_spam: Unsupported WM_USER, lParam 3026.

These are IPC_GET_EXTENDED_FILE_INFOW. IPC_GETPLAYLISTFILEW

Would be nice to support the wide-character versions of these messages, this is needed to work properly when the filename or tags contain east-asian characters

foo_winamp_spam 0.9 beta

Reply #214
Hi all. Is there a way for foo_winamp_spam + r1dll to find the album name and report it in your winamp script? I can't seem to find a way!

foo_winamp_spam 0.9 beta

Reply #215
thanks for the new version.
runs smooth

foo_winamp_spam 0.9 beta

Reply #216
I can't make my Gtalk display the song name...

I have tried various workarounds including creating a blank winamp.m3u file, modifying registry...
but it seems that nothing works...

I use the latest fb2k and gtalk...can anyone help me?..

edit: ok, problem solved...it is just that i used the russian version of gtalk where the option "show current track" is missing...((

foo_winamp_spam 0.9 beta

Reply #217
I can't make my Gtalk display the song name...

I have tried various workarounds including creating a blank winamp.m3u file, modifying registry...
but it seems that nothing works...

I use the latest fb2k and gtalk...can anyone help me?..

edit: ok, problem solved...it is just that i used the russian version of gtalk where the option "show current track" is missing...((

When using the API to trick Pidgin into thinking that you're using Winamp, the track name will display correctly but the album and artist fields are blank.

If I knew square one about coding I would fix it myself. Thanks very much and I appreciate the effort if you can fix it.

foo_winamp_spam 0.9 beta

Reply #218
Thanks for the plugin. I'm so glad that it works with FB2k@0.9.6b5 under Vista x64!

foo_winamp_spam 0.9 beta

Reply #219
It is possible to make a plugin, that makes gracenote database thinking that it works with winamp but not foobar and allows using it for tagging?
I don't know how it works in winamp but it looks similar for me as API emulation...

foo_winamp_spam 0.9 beta

Reply #220
Is there any alternative now that Foobar 0.9.6.6 seems to blacklist this plugin? I just installed 0.9.6.6 it and it is not loaded anymore.

foo_winamp_spam 0.9 beta

Reply #221
See the post I wrote to the other foo_winamp_spam's thread two weeks ago.
Full-quoting makes you scroll past the same junk over and over.

foo_winamp_spam 0.9 beta

Reply #222
Hello,

Using Foobar2000 0.9.6.9, I can't make foo_winamp_spam work. I've tried 0.96, 0.90fix... With 0.90, I got an error message, I must upgrade foo_winamp_spam, and with 0.96, nothing works. I don't see the component in the foobar option window.
I want to use Foobar with rainmeter. So what can I do ?

Thanks.

foo_winamp_spam 0.9 beta

Reply #224
Of course, I have read. Maybe not the best way. But I must precise I have tried foo_winamp_ipc too. It works with rainmeter but... the commands doesn't seem to fit well. For example, pause button doesn't seem to work well. It stop the track, which is beginning to the start... What can be done?
I have posted this question on the Raimneter forum, but no one told me which version of foo_winamp_spam to use, just that I must use it instead of anything else...