Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Turntable Challenge... (Read 8958 times) previous topic - next topic

Turntable Challenge...

Reply #25
Hi fewtch,

I PM'd you.

ff123

Turntable Challenge...

Reply #26
Thanks ff, for some reason the board didn't notify me, even though the option is set to "on" (I notified Dibrom).

For those who've been following this thread, I think I have the reason for the perceived 'dullness' of the tt1 sample and reason why some people have preferred tt2 -- VTA (vertical tracking angle).  I just raised the back of the TD-160's tonearm (changing stylus rake angle, SRA), and the treble has increased substantially... perceived detail along with it.  I'll be making another sample available to ff123 soon using the new tonearm setting.

Turntable Challenge...

Reply #27

rec.audio.opinion newsgroup

What a horrible place! I'll stay here, thanks.

D.

Heh, heh. I used to be an avid poster there around 1995-1996. I remember the boisterous (and late) Steve Zipser, Sandman, Stewart Pinkerton, Sebastian and who couldn't miss GENE!?

Turntable Challenge...

Reply #28
Heh, heh. I used to be an avid poster there around 1995-1996. I remember the boisterous (and late) Steve Zipser, Sandman, Stewart Pinkerton, Sebastian and who couldn't miss GENE!?

Stewart is still there and Sebastian as well, although I think he posts anonymously, and even Gene popped his head in recently (I think).  It's hard to be sure without doing some investigation, though, because people like to forge posts, etc.

ff123