Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_vst: VST 2.4 adapter (Read 523449 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_vst: VST 2.4 adapter

Reply #75
What about no reload track switch, I'm waiting for this :D.
Here you are. The feature introduced in v0.52 ;) But don't forget it's experimental.

Reply #76
-deleted-

Reply #77
@Entrase: Thanks, but I hear a small click when repeatedly hitting play button, it wasn't there before IIRC.

Reply #78
Are you sure about it? Try the same with no DSPs. The click happens when there is a difference between the last sample played (before you hit play) and the first one in the song. If it's clear that it's because of DSPs, then tell me which ones I should use to reproduce a click.

Reply #79
Sure, happened with Isone Pro, my only VST, does not happen without DSPs. You should try a quiet track like some piano and similar to easily hear the click. My output is DirectSound BTW.

EDIT: the click happens everytime I manually change track, too. I guess the reason is like what you said, but normally DirectSound suppresses it with fading.

Reply #80
Okay, the problem isn't with sample difference. It's about delay introduced by this plug-in. “Delay” as echo, not as latency. You can more clearly see the effect with some reverb plug-in: one gets the reverb tail at the beginning of the next track (or the current one in the replay case). It seems there is somekind of reset should be done on manual track changes. I put this in the to-do list.

Reply #81
What a...??

Failed to load DLL: foo_vst.dll
Reason: Неверная попытка доступа к адресу памяти.

Looks like corrupted file
🇺🇦 Glory to Ukraine!

Reply #82
Rus: Неверная попытка доступа к адресу памяти = Invalid access to memory location

File is ok. Have you removed old version data as mentioned in the first post? If yes, could you please make a portable installation of fb2k to some folder and test the component there? We need first to find if it's Foobar or the OS problem. Then we will have some starting point at least.

Reply #83
Ignore, I missed the registry key...

Reply #84
thank you , very nice plugin!
Music is my first love.

Reply #85
thank you , very nice plugin!

I second to this: two thumbs up, especially for the nice non-modal configuration via the view->DSP menu entries :-) ... now even the people using traktor as a jukebox might try foobar again!

Reply #86
Thank you.
Works fine with Voxengo TubeAmp, Ruby Tube, Barricade Limiter, TT Dynamic Range and others .
loquor mee menti: factus de materia, cinis elementi...

Reply #87
There is update to 0.6.0. But please keep old version if it works fine for you. Don't forget it's still not very stable.

Reply #88
Thanks for the update, the click on track change seems to be fixed, but I have click when I open and close the VST config window. I'm using Isone Pro.

Reply #89
This click is caused by the procedure of commiting new configuration to Foobar2000. VST plug-in is requested for configuration data and thus can stutter a little bit. I'll look if it can be fixed. You may try to make the output buffer size greater.

Did you have to increase declicker size to get rid of the click on track change?

Reply #90
I now upgrade to v6.0, used the registry cleanup file, and now no vst in the list even VST manager appears. I forget to make a backup of my old foo_vst, where i can find the old one?

Reply #91
Unfortunately, you've removed all entries with no chance to get them back. As for old version, I've attached it to this post.

Reply #92
This click is caused by the procedure of commiting new configuration to Foobar2000. VST plug-in is requested for configuration data and thus can stutter a little bit. I'll look if it can be fixed. You may try to make the output buffer size greater.

Greater output buffer size only delays the click.
Did you have to increase declicker size to get rid of the click on track change?

No, I didn't.

Reply #93

Fineprint: stuff marked as beta isn't considered to be stable.

Foobar2000 VST 2.4 adapter
by Yegor Petrov

Details
See article in the Hydrogenaudio Wiki.

Download
Users of previous betas (1.0 and 1.00.01) must either delete all entries in the old version first or use this reg file to do the same: [attachment=6223:clean_vsts.reg]
Download it here (v0.6.0): [attachment=6249:foo_vst.zip]
This software is provided 'as-is', without any express or implied warranty.
In no event will the author be held liable for any damages arising from the use of this software.

VST is a trademark of Steinberg Media Technologies GmbH

Yegor,

I love this plugin...but I have a question.  It seems that when I add "any" vst in Foobar 1.1.1 my 5.1 (6 channels) automatically reverts to a (2 channel) system?  I've tried loading 1 vst or multiple it makes no difference.  When I send the VST back to the inactive side of the DSP menu my 6 channels become available again.
(I am using CHANNEL MIXER) to obtain my 6 channels (5.1) but even if I take this off the active side of the DSP menu I still end up with a 2 channel setup.

I don't know a whole lot about this kind of stuff, but my sound is great with just the channel mixer.  It does sound great too when I load my VST's, but I don't get the "spacial" sound that I like when it reverts to the 2 channels.

Does anyone have any suggestions for me or experience the same issues?

Reply #94
How many inputs/outputs are in VSTs you tried?

Reply #95
Unfortunately, you've removed all entries with no chance to get them back. As for old version, I've attached it to this post.

Thanks for the old version.

Reply #97
must have

Reply #99
Serious bugfixes.
Relative paths in the portable mode.

In general, it's the first version to support the portable mode. It may sound strange because fb2k provides transparent storage for its components, but in this case it's necessary to read configuration at the stage where fb2k services aren't available yet. Depending on the installation, the adapter uses either the registry or a file in the player's directory.