Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: album_art_manager bug? (Read 2421 times) previous topic - next topic

album_art_manager bug?

I'm trying to use album_art_manager, however it only seems to work for embedded art. The documentation states
//! The main difference between using album_art_manager_instance and calling album_art_extractor methods directly is that
//! album_art_manager_instance will fall back to returning pictures found in the folder containing the specified media file
//! in case requested album art entries can't be extracted from the media file itself.

So I'd expect the query method to return cover art read from a file matching one of the search patterns set on Preferences/Display.
My code basically looks like this:
Code: [Select]
pfc::string8 path;
abort_callback_dummy abort;
album_art_manager_instance_ptr aam = static_api_ptr_t<album_art_manager>()->instantiate();
album_art_data_ptr pdata;
aam->open(path.get_ptr(), abort);
try
{
    pdata = aam->query(album_art_ids::cover_front, abort);
}
catch(...)
{
}

The query call only succeeds for embedded cover art, exception_album_art_not_found is thrown otherwise. External cover art is displayed correctly in foobar's album art viewer, though. Moreover, query_stub_image does return the stub image set in the preferences.

album_art_manager bug?

Reply #1
Please use album_art_manager_v2. Looks like the documentation wasn't properly updated when foobar2000 v1.0 changes were introduced.
Microsoft Windows: We can't script here, this is bat country.

album_art_manager bug?

Reply #2
Ah, this seems to work fine, thanks.