Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: [crashware] foo_uie_lyrics2 (Read 482314 times) previous topic - next topic

[crashware] foo_uie_lyrics2

Reply #201
Hello Michael87,

once your component reaches a stable level i will take a look how it could be useful for me as lyrics display in DUI.
However, i think that in my eyes there should be done more. So far i don't know another component (apart from PSS/Graphical Browser/etc) that has such an overcomplexity regarding the options. You told that you will redesign the preferences. Maybe you could then take a look what can be removed or at least simplified. How it is now your foo_uie_lyrics has the charme of a third-party-componnent in the fb2k 0.8 era.

Furthermore i believe that an additional simplification can be introduced for DUI users: I don't see the necessity to set custom colors and similar things.

I hope you will consider that. 

Reply #202
Cheers! This version fixed CUI tab issue.

Reply #203
Support for the global color configuration of DUI would also be a nice thing to have but I guess/hope it's already on the todo list.

Reply #206
Once again a new release!

foo_uie_lyrics2_0.4.5.7

~ Changelog ~
- fixed online search dialog
- fix: "open file location" and "open with external editor" buttons  are not available

Reply #207
Hello Michael87, thanks for the plugin.
Can you please make the option for lyrics2 to open in new windows like album list or playlist search.

Reply #208
Hello Michael87, thanks for the plugin.
Can you please make the option for lyrics2 to open in new windows like album list or playlist search.

I remember that there is a plugin named something like 'foo_uie_dockable_panel', which can make panel flow outside main window. Hope this information helps.

Reply #209
this feature will be included in next version as well as 2 fixes for crash errors (release: this evening (sunday))

Reply #210
Suddenly, found it is a CPU killer ...

When my laptop was in power save mode, lyrics panel consumes ~10% CPU resource. If I set 'fading height' to 100 for eye-candy, fb2k will use 50% cpu and freeze for some time -.-

Reply #211
Michael - Many thanks for this great plugin. It really makes it fun to play music via foobar. Keep up the good work.

I love the numerous internet databases it searches for lyrics but could you make it initially use synchronised lyrics as a priority?

Thanks again.

Reply #212
Is it possible to add a time delay before writing a tag to the file?  I've started using the foo_wave_seekbar component (http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=77490) and I think there might be a file access conflict between that component and this: the foo_wave_seekbar component processes the track when it starts playing to generate an audio signature.  And, at the same time, foo_uie_lyrics2 is attempting to write a lyric tag to the file, so there is a conflict.  It doesn't happen every time a new lyric is written and a seekbar signature is generated, which I think is probably because the timing is sometimes (by chance) OK: the lyric tag is only written after the seekbar component has finished.  In fact, more often than not the imting is OK.  This is just my theory, and there may be some other explanation.  A short time delay (e.g. 5 seconds) before writing the lyric tag would be more than sufficient.

Mike

Reply #213
- fix: "open file location" and "open with external editor" buttons  are not available

Does that mean you've fixed this so that they are available, or made them not available (because they aren't working properly at the moment)?

I'm on the latest version, and these menu options are always greyed out for me.

Mike

Reply #214

Keyboard shortcuts doesn't work in the online search dialog (alt+s, alt+c, alt+d, esc,...).

The buttons are still not available.

Reply #215
Just a small hint: You should consider changing the license of your plugin. fb2k plugins cannot be released under the GPL:
See here and here.

Reply #216

Keyboard shortcuts doesn't work in the online search dialog (alt+s, alt+c, alt+d, esc,...).

The buttons are still not available.

these buttons are only available if a file exists for the current lyrics (this is not the case for online lyrics & tag lyrics)

Reply #217
these buttons are only available if a file exists for the current lyrics (this is not the case for online lyrics & tag lyrics)

Any plans for editing of tag lyrics too?

Mike

Reply #218
@q_b6
the latest version (0.4.5.7) is already pretty optmized, it tries to render 25 frames/sec.
the output has to come from somewhere.. gpu acceleration would of course speed it up, but that would need a completely new renderer

edit: i'll check out gdi+ support for the render, shouldnt be to hard and has gpu acceleration on vista & 7

@Black_Over_Bills_Mothers:
thanks.
well, i'm already trying to do that, but many online databases do not tell me wheter it is synced lyrics or not before the lyrics are downloaded

@drmrbrewer
i will investigate this issue

@fbuser
thanks, changed to lgpl

Reply #219

Any plans for editing of tag lyrics too?

Mike

foobar itself can already edit those - I'll try to link it to this button

Reply #221
Michael,

I installed 0.4.5.7 over 0.4.5.5 and noticed a new bug: the exclusion filter doesn't work anymore.
For instance, my last filter: $if2(%genre%,) accompanied by a genre list separated by semicolons used to avoid going on the Internet, but now it tries to download lyrics nevertheless.
Could you please fix that?

---

Speaking of which, I'm trying to add a new exclusion filter based on a file name (it has 6 digits and two letters), but I couldn't get it to work in an earlier version.  Any ideas?

Reply #222
@drmrbrewer
i will investigate this issue

Thanks.  One possibility would be for this component to check whether the file is locked by another process before attempting to write the lyric tag to the file -- and to keep trying occasionally until the file is not locked.  Same for write permission in general; would be nice if this component could check first whether it has write permission before attempting to write a tag to the file (thereby generating an error).

Mike

Reply #223
@Michael87

maybe can you add support to www.vagalume.com
it's a good site for lyrics, just take a look =)

Reply #224
I have Lyrics2 putted in a Panel Stack Splitter and with 0.4.5.6 and 0.4.5.7 it disappears and is not listed anymore, but it's still installed.
0.4.5.5 is working.

Also with 0.4.5.5 automatic downloading and saving to tag with lrc lyrics doesn't work, if there are Unsynced Lyrics embedded. Saving and replacing is checked.