Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: [crashware] foo_popupplus (Read 495295 times) previous topic - next topic

[crashware] foo_popupplus

Reply #275
> has this been reported before? ...
a) yes it has been, but the "problem" is that for me everything works. So i'm not able to simulate this behaviour and then repaire it.

i think this "problem" depends somehow on XP theme. I always used classic windows style and popup+ worked fine. but when i switch to win xp style (luna.msstyles) or other 3rd party style the problem occure - popup doesn't work with all other windows minimized.

now i see that the problem occure on any visual style except classic only when lock the taskbar option in taskbar context menu is on

Reply #276
I only want to thank for brilliant plugin! No need for net, ability to map shortcut, disabling while fullscreen app and support for albumart - perfect mix of foo_osd and pretty_popup (:

Only problem: sometimes while quickly skipping tracks plugin seem to choke and does not display anything (while foobar is minimized, when windows is open everything is fine, which is weird...)

EDIT: I've noticed that foo_osd sources are available (http://kode54.foobar2000.org/ ) and foo_osd supports unicode - maybe it will be helpful? (of course if this component is still being developed... vide long absence of author  )

Reply #277
Yeah, that plugin kicks ass! I want only several things to be improved:
1) I have these strings for images sources in the plugin configuration:
Code: [Select]
$replace(%path%,%filename_ext%,front.jpg)
$replace(%path%,%filename_ext%,%artist%.jpg)

And I have back.jpg & "%artist%".jpg (Abba.jpg) in the corresponding directory, but, despite the chosen image sources, I have back.jpg displayed.
2) Is it possible to make an option which allow the popup to be displayed when main window is minimized and to disappear when it is open?

Reply #278
i think i've encountered a possible bug:

* when fb2k is visible in my computer screen popupplus works ok on next, previous, pause...etc ... (popup delay 10 sec. default setting).
* when i am viewing another program: firefox, pidgin, explorer views...etc... it works too
* but when ALL my programs are minimized (taskbar) popup doesn't work
* if i choose infinite popup delay it remains "sticked" on the screen and when track changes, popup too ... but
* in only desktop view, it doesn't work again
has this been reported before?. i've read the topic and i haven't encountered answer

another question is if popupplus can show %play_count% when song reaches the value (1 time, 2 times ...etc)

I experience the same behavior. So far I've found the following two workarounds for this problem:

* Disable the "Lock the taskbar" option in the Windows taskbar context menu (as mentioned in this thread already)
* Disable the option "Disable popups in fullscreen mode" in "Popup Plus"->"General" preferences

I can live with these workarounds for the moment but I sure hope this gets fixed some day. Popup Plus It's such a fine component :-)

Reply #279
I have constant problem with this plugin because it sometimes changes its position to shift right more and more and more. I do not have exact repro steps, but this seems to be caused by the fact that I have taskbar on left side of screen, not in the bottom. Just sometimes when I launch foobar popup appears more shifted to right, than previously.
Can please someone help me with that?

Reply #280
amazing plugin, but really heavy crashware(

Reply #281
Whether it crashes depends on the popup style / configuration.  It's certainly not difficult to make it crash by messing with the popup config files (happened many times while I configured mine), but my (admittedly very simple and button-less) configuration hasn't crashed for months.  So with a few compromises it's possible to make it work. :-)  Still, it's a pity that it's not being developed and fixed.

Reply #282
yep, agreed.  once you find a config that works for you - don't mess with it and you'll be happy with the plugin.
i stay completely out of the config for it and i seriously haven't had it crash on me in over a year using DUI (always the latest version of foobar).

Reply #284
Try with a big album art. A 10 MB jpeg for example.
That's what always crashed it when I was using it. Otherwise it worked fine.

PS: I wouldn't consider resizing album art a solution.

Reply #285
Try with a big album art. A 10 MB jpeg for example.

What do you need a 10 MB album art  for??? Screen resolution still is 72 dpi, isn't it?

Reply #286
Gosh, I thought, I was crazy about album arts, but you've just overcome me!

Reply #287
hi all

i love popup plus!

i'm having one very minor issue. i would like the popup to display in real time the total time elapsed on the current track. to illustrate, my popup displays for about 10 seconds. in those ten second that popup only displays the time elapsed at the point when the popup was initiated. during that 10 seconds, i'd ideally like to see the time change as the song is played? make sense?

any way to do this?

here is my formatting

[[%tracknumber% ]%title%]$crlf()
[%artist%$crlf()]
[$crlf()%album%] [/ %date%]
[$crlf()[%_time_elapsed% / ]%_length%] / [%codec%] / [%bitrate%]

thanks in advance!

Reply #289
Hello!

Is there a way to force the popup to always be centered horizontally (in relation to its dynamic size) on the screen? 

I have adjusted the pixels to the point where it is usually centered, but then when a very larger or very small popup appears it skews to the left or the right.

Thanks!

Reply #290
I know it's antique component (and 'crashware' on top of that, tho it haven't crashed for me in ages) but... I just realized a while back that automatic pop-ups are gone on the selected actions... any ideas?

Re: [crashware] foo_popupplus

Reply #291
No, it stopped working for me months ago as well. Since I didn't change my OS or anything, it is most likely a foobar update that finally broke it. This probably marks the death of this component.

I know it crashed my foobar a couple times but I still didn't want to miss it. I mean, I have been living without it for months, but I still miss it. Does anyone have recommendations for a replacement?

FWIW, here's what my popups looked like (normally bigger, but the preview has a fixed size): http://i.imgur.com/zn5p865.png