Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: CR-249 (Read 5015 times) previous topic - next topic

CR-249

I just got the Crosley CR249 for my birthday and have just tried to play a record on it. I think the needle came broken so I have called to get a replacement but other than that, why won't it even spin when I turn the head over the record and put it down?  Also, I bounced the already broken needle on the LP on accident. Will that damage the record at all? I'm already having a crummy experience with this. I've read the manual and everything. Any ideas or suggestions to get me rolling?  Thanks

CR-249

Reply #2
Is there anyway to attach this set to a stereo system to make it sound better?

CR-249

Reply #3
I just got the Crosley CR249 for my birthday...Is there anyway to attach this set to a stereo system to make it sound better?

No, the problem is the turntable itself, in particular the ceramic cartridge. I posted samples from a CR249 in another thread. Have a listen and I think you'll find it sounds very similar.

I'll give you the same advice I gave someone else on my site: Return it now before it's too late to get a refund!

There are other USB turntables in that price range with a better moving magnet cartridge. Brands include Audio-Technica, Sony (both use aluminum platters- not plastic) and Ion Audio (don't get the portable- more ceramic).

The next jump in sound quality is around $300 where you'll find better analog turntables and DJ USB turntables.

CR-249

Reply #4
I just got the Crosley CR249 for my birthday...Is there anyway to attach this set to a stereo system to make it sound better?

No, the problem is the turntable itself, in particular the ceramic cartridge. I posted samples from a CR249 in another thread. Have a listen and I think you'll find it sounds very similar.

I'll give you the same advice I gave someone else on my site: Return it now before it's too late to get a refund!

There are other USB turntables in that price range with a better moving magnet cartridge. Brands include Audio-Technica, Sony (both use aluminum platters- not plastic) and Ion Audio (don't get the portable- more ceramic).

The next jump in sound quality is around $300 where you'll find better analog turntables and DJ USB turntables.

Great advice, and happy New Year my friend! ;-)

CR-249

Reply #5
Thanks! Happy new year to you and the rest of the Vinyl forum.