Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Channel Mixer (foo_channel_mixer) (Read 530211 times) previous topic - next topic

Channel Mixer (foo_channel_mixer)

Reply #425
Any plans for 8 channels? I'm running a gigaport HD usb soundcard that has 8 output channels. Would be nice to have the option of delay on those. The built-in crossover plugin supports 8 channels.

Reply #426
Adding subscription to this thread.

Reply #427
Any plans for 8 channels? I'm running a gigaport HD usb soundcard that has 8 output channels. Would be nice to have the option of delay on those. The built-in crossover plugin supports 8 channels.

I doubt very much that I can make this. Maybe I'll make a separate foo_delays.
My English is very good!
...in comparison with my Korean language...

Reply #428

I doubt very much that I can make this. Maybe I'll make a separate foo_delays.

That would be a nice lightweight option for my use. I don't utilize any of the other tabs in your plugin. I just use it for delay purposes.

Reply #429
Not to overwhelm but how difficult would it be to add into the foo_delay a 'phase' option? Like the ability to reverse the phase of each channel individually? The built-in crossover only does per channel pair.

Reply #430
Not to overwhelm but how difficult would it be to add into the foo_delay a 'phase' option? Like the ability to reverse the phase of each channel individually? The built-in crossover only does per channel pair.

Try foo_dsp_mm. '-1' to switch phase by 180 degrees.
My English is very good!

Reply #431
Very cool. Never knew that.

Reply #432
How do I demux a DTS file into separate unaltered WAV files?

So far I installed the channel mixer and after the various settings I got to this stage where I am not so sure on what to do... or at least to do something that I do not intend to do.

I just want the six mono WAV files unaltered.

When I get to the General Tab --- Channel Selection ---  Output Channels --- Here I selected "6" if I am not mistaken (the DTS file should have 6 channels...)

What about the Stereoimage width?

Do I need to leave that as default 1.00 or shall I put the slider to the 0.00 value since I just want the content of the DTS as it is?
Does using values different than 0.00 (or 1.00 as default) alter the original stereoimage?

I suppose I do not need to set the other tabs if I want the stream as it is. If not please correct me...

I was adviced to insert the resampler module but since I do not want to resample anything if I am not adding it I take the streams will retain the original bit depth and resolution...

Could someone advice on this?

Thanks for this wonderful addon anyway!

Reply #433
I just want the six mono WAV files unaltered.

Then just don't use this plugin. You won't obtain 6 mono WAVs anyway.

Reply #434
How do I demux a DTS file into separate unaltered WAV files?

Use foo_dsp_mm for such things. For example, to extract front left channel to mono set each one cell to 0 but FC row/FL column to 1.
My English is very good!

Reply #435
So I take the settings should be something like this...
Only problem is that I got a 14 gb file with 18 channels muxed on it I suppose... I am doing something wrong perhaps...
Also I might not need to tick the normalize option...

Reply #436
Set just one cell to 1. You'll get one mono file.

Repeat this 5 more times.

Reply #437
lvqcl, thank you. My English is so far from perfect...
My English is very good!

Reply #438
FL = Left
FR = Right
FC = Center
LFE = Sub-woofer
BL = Back Left
BR = Back Right
FCL = Left of Center
FRC = Right of Center
BC = Back Center
SL = Side Left
SR = Side Right
TC = Top Center
TFL = Top Front Left
TFC = Top Front Center
TFR = Top Front Right
TBL = Top Back Left
TBC = Top Back Center
TBR = Top Back Right

... if I got it right this is the naming scheme.

The one cell tip worked out the miracle it seems, though I am left wondering about the right combinations to use.
I tried setting FC row/FC column to 1 for the center channel. It might not be that right...
I seem not to get the same file using the previously suggested FC row/FL column to 1
Following this method I just need to properly cross the row section with the column section... a quick insight on the reasoning behind any further step will be appreciated... like:

FL = Left ---- FC row/FL column to 1
FR = Right ---- ?/?
FC = Center ---- ?/?
LFE = Sub-woofer ---- ?/?
BL = Back Left ---- ?/?
BR = Back Right ---- ?/?

Is there any help file or preset it could be loaded to get this perhaps?
Also I made the mistake not to note down the initial settings and there is no reset option...

Reply #439
FR = Right ---- ?/?
FC = Center ---- ?/?
LFE = Sub-woofer ---- ?/?
BL = Back Left ---- ?/?
BR = Back Right ---- ?/?

"column" is the input, "row" - is the output, you've take the "input" and put it to the "output" with the corresponding multiplier (1).
FR = Right ---- FCr/FRc --//--
FC = Center ---- FCr/FCc  --//--
LFE = Sub-woofer ---- FCr/LFEc --//--
BL = Back Left ---- FCr/BLc --//--
BR = Back Right ---- FCr/BRc --//--

Also I made the mistake not to note down the initial settings and there is no reset option...

Remove Matrix Mixer from the DSP chain, OK, at the next time you add MM to the chain it will appear with its default settings.
My English is very good!

Reply #440
Remove Matrix Mixer from the DSP chain, OK, at the next time you add MM to the chain it will appear with its default settings.

Somehow foobar remembers the last settings used... so it did not work, but I noticed that the default was the 1 in the corresponding row and column as I tried the first time...

FC row/FC column to 1
FL row/FL column to 1
FR row/FR column to 1

I take the defaults are meant for something different then!  I'm not going to fully investigate on that!

I will try to post a tutorial about demuxing DTS with Foobar at this point. Hope it might help someone one day!

I will folllow the new instructions and let you know if everything went smooth!

Thanks for the help!

Reply #441
Hey, I have a problem with channel mixer: Active DSP did not effect foobar2k. Although I apply my channel mixer settings, they were not saved by foobar2k.
Using foobar2000 v1.1.7 on Windows 7 x64 with channel mixer last updated on 1th June 2011.

I have updated foobar2000, so I guess it's maybe a problem with the new version (never had a problem with this plugin before)

Thanks for help!

Reply #442
Hey, I have a problem with channel mixer: Active DSP did not effect foobar2k. Although I apply my channel mixer settings, they were not saved by foobar2k.
Using foobar2000 v1.1.7 on Windows 7 x64 with channel mixer last updated on 1th June 2011.

Please describe steps to reproduce the problem.
My English is very good!

Reply #443
Hello users, i'm new here and i have experienced some troubles with this plugin:

first of all, my subwoofer sometimes stops working (at begining of playback, during playback (less common) or when i change any setting (such volumes, for example))  and only back moving the plugin in dsp list or removing and adding again.

and the second one, some files slows down to open when subwoofer "full redirecition" or "leave sub intact" is selected (in leave sattelites intact works fine).

Best Regards,

Wagner.

(sorry about any errors, my english isn't so good)

Reply #444
What codec does this plugin use to convert stereo to AC3 on the fly?

Why I'm getting error "the source is not supported" for a MP3 sound file, when outputting via this plugin to S/PDIF of Realtek AVL1200 codec in Win7 64-bit? What input / output format range it supports?

Reply #445
What codec does this plugin use to convert stereo to AC3 on the fly?

Why I'm getting error "the source is not supported" for a MP3 sound file, when outputting via this plugin to S/PDIF

Channelmixer does not convert to Dolby Digital (AC3) but just outputs the number of channels you configure. That answers also your second question, the bitstream for SPDIF can only be multichannel (more than 2.0) if it is encoded, like Dolby Digital or DTS, else only stereo is allowed.
In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice there is.

Reply #446
hello!
please point me to the right direction
i want to convert a 5.1 audio stream into stereo (for headphones)

is there any downmix plugin or other software whose author is at least aware that:
1) his both ears will hear every channel
2) his ears isn't a single point and thus will hear the sound from side channels at different time moments
3) low-frequency sounds from a side channel will wrap around his head while high-frequency ones will not, thus the frequency spectrum will differ from ear to ear

???

Reply #447
hello!
please point me to the right direction
i want to convert a 5.1 audio stream into stereo (for headphones)

is there any downmix plugin or other software whose author is at least aware that:
1) his both ears will hear every channel
2) his ears isn't a single point and thus will hear the sound from side channels at different time moments
3) low-frequency sounds from a side channel will wrap around his head while high-frequency ones will not, thus the frequency spectrum will differ from ear to ear

???

I'm not sure what you want but Dolby Headphone  is my first choice for converting 5.1 audio into stereo for Headphones.

Reply #448
I'm not sure what you want but Dolby Headphone is my first choice for converting 5.1 audio into stereo for Headphones.

Forgive me, but first choice between what alternatives?
I'm not sure what DH is but from what i understand it's a VST modelling algorithm built into the firmware of some devices. I don't have any.
I use CMSS-3D on my X-Fi. Don't know how it handles the 3) issue, but otherwise i can't really complain about quality of it, since the perceived sound positioning is quite precise in head phones.
But think about what it means to use firmware to convert sound... it means the conversion time is no shorter than the music playing time!!
That's why it sucks. Usual audio conversion takes seconds or dozens of them. An hour to convert an album is too much. And then i need to split it into tracks, care about tagging and other crap.

Sure there must be some good quality software-only VST converter for home use. So far i have only found some overpriced scientific products :(

Reply #449
Sure there must be some good quality software-only VST converter for home use. So far i have only found some overpriced scientific products

TB IsoneSurround.
http://www.toneboosters.com/tb-isonesurround/
In internet you can find jb isone pro surround v1.0.1, which works without limitations.