Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_wave_seekbar (Read 799784 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_wave_seekbar

Reply #100
The Direct2D frontend may very well be misbehaving after making it behave in high DPI scenarios (in which it's broken again).

Indeed, I use 125 DPI because of my Thinkpad's impossible 1400 by 1050 pixels resolution. Quite nice to have exact measurements with a ruler, too. Is this a bug with Direct2D?

foo_wave_seekbar

Reply #101
... Is this a bug with Direct2D?

Not with Direct2D itself, just with my use of it. Well, it has some rather annoying DPI semantics that tends to destroy beautiful code.
Stay sane, exile.

foo_wave_seekbar

Reply #102
feature request: it seems that people started to customize the seekbar appearance, would it be possible to add an option to select different effects instead of overwriting the seekbar.fx every time we want to try a new one?

foo_wave_seekbar

Reply #103
feature request: it seems that people started to customize the seekbar appearance, would it be possible to add an option to select different effects instead of overwriting the seekbar.fx every time we want to try a new one?

It's been in todo.txt since day one. It's pending implementation of frontend-specific configuration.
Stay sane, exile.

foo_wave_seekbar

Reply #104
I've noticed you can't access context menu items while in layout editing mode.

foo_wave_seekbar

Reply #105
Correct. It's on the todo.
Heh, just about every reply here is "it's on the todo". I should probably make it more public or take time to set up a bug tracker.
Stay sane, exile.

foo_wave_seekbar

Reply #106
1)
I know what the problem is. (see my last posting http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index....st&p=677826)

Wave Seekbar stretches the curve cutting it at the end. (I have made a screenshot, but problems to upload. Perhaps later.)
Is this a bug or a configuration issue?

2)
Ist ist possible to update my onboard graphics to Direct 3D? Don’t have a video card. My Motherboard is MSI K9AG Neo2-Digital with AMD 690G and SB600 Chipset. OS: Vista 32

foo_wave_seekbar

Reply #107
1) If you have a non-default DPI, my use of Direct2D is likely broken again as mentioned earlier in the thread.
2) The X1250 integrated GPU of your motherboard should be capable of driving the Direct3D frontend, as the GPU supports PS2.0b. Does your console log any errors when trying to use the Direct3D mode? Ensure that you have the August 2009 DirectX runtime installed.
Stay sane, exile.

foo_wave_seekbar

Reply #108
Thx!
Didn't understand that DPI prob, but will reread the thread.

Wave Seekbar windows doesn't show anything if D3D is set. Now Foobar even crashes, no chance to look at console.

Okay, I have to install August 2009 DirectX runtime first.

foo_wave_seekbar

Reply #109
Don't understand that DPI issue yet. My monitor's resolution is about 94 DPI (LCD 21,3' - 1600x1200).
What is this high-DPI setting and how can I get rid of it?  ;-)

foo_wave_seekbar

Reply #110
Not with Direct2D itself, just with my use of it. Well, it has some rather annoying DPI semantics that tends to destroy beautiful code.

No worries. I don't even know that a waveform seekbar THIS cool is actually possible in FB2K.

Allow me to add another bug though, this time with the Direct3D mode on 945GM. While Direct2D shifts the 0 dB line downwards and stretches the waveform beyond the vertical borders, Direct3D mode does the exact opposite: the 0 dB line is shifted upwards, while the waveform amplitudes are so small...

foo_wave_seekbar

Reply #111
edited - never mind, I am an idiot! :-(

foo_wave_seekbar

Reply #112
StuPC, did you download the DX update linked in 1st post?
And what's your graphics card, can it handle D3D?
Windows 10 Pro x64 // foobar2000 1.3.10

foo_wave_seekbar

Reply #113
StuPC: "Furthermore, it requires installation of the DirectX August 2009 runtime redistributable."

foo_wave_seekbar

Reply #114
What about identifying tracks using the audio MD5 where possible?

foo_wave_seekbar

Reply #115
Logging in purely to say that this plugin is the best thing since sliced bread.
Thanks, Zao! Awesome work.

foo_wave_seekbar

Reply #116
What about identifying tracks using the audio MD5 where possible?

I prefer methods where collisions do not occur. In any way, a MD5 of the audio data would be a bit error-prone unless the decoder provides bit-exact identical output on multiple runs.
In any way, computing the MD5 of the data would cost about as much as analyzing it, as most of the cost is in I/O and decoding.
If you mean to take the MD5 of compressed audio, I do not believe that that data is exposed by the input or decoder services.

The direction I'm going to take files with changing locations is to provide per-directory databases and tag-based storage, prioritized via preferences.

And oh, 0.1.5 is out with lots of fixes, including a GDI+ mode for people without GPUs.
Stay sane, exile.

foo_wave_seekbar

Reply #117
This is a brilliant plug-in! Thank you for your hard work!

foo_wave_seekbar

Reply #118
It is strange, but when I was using the first version, I can use 'Direct3d' mode. Now it is 0.1.5, 'Direct3d' just doesn't draw (or 'redraw', 'refresh') anythin :S

foo_wave_seekbar

Reply #119
I prefer methods where collisions do not occur.

Surely the probability of two valid audio files having the same MD5 is tiny, the wavpack site even mentions using it for identification.
MD5 audio checksums for verification and identification

In any way, a MD5 of the audio data would be a bit error-prone unless the decoder provides bit-exact identical output on multiple runs.
In any way, computing the MD5 of the data would cost about as much as analyzing it, as most of the cost is in I/O and decoding.
If you mean to take the MD5 of compressed audio, I do not believe that that data is exposed by the input or decoder services.

The direction I'm going to take files with changing locations is to provide per-directory databases and tag-based storage, prioritized via preferences.

By "where possible", I meant for formats which already include the MD5 hash, such as flac and wavpack. For those that don't, you could either fall back on the file name or use the MD5 of the audio part and put it in a tag (if that's possible).

Just some suggestions, my music doesn't move much so I'm happy with whatever you decide.

foo_wave_seekbar

Reply #120
To identify a track, I think a hash of the number of total samples and several samples in the middle is enough in practical use ...

foo_wave_seekbar

Reply #121
Version 0.1.5 does not work on one of my systems (Lenovo T60, Intel G945 Graphics, XP SP3).
I now have the two options (GDI and Direct3D 9.0) but none of them is working (the panel remains blank and is never refreshed). When I select Direct3D 9.0c, then close and reopen the preferences panel, GDI remains selected.

Version 1.0.4 was working fine with Direct3D 9.0c only after installing the August 2009 Direct X runtime redistributable.

foo_wave_seekbar

Reply #122
Very cool. This definitely makes the cut into my layout.

Small Request: Any chance you could change the border toggle into a combo for select between 'None', 'Gray', and 'Sunken' like other Columns UI components?

EDIT: Thought I should add that this is working absolutely perfectly!

foo_wave_seekbar

Reply #123
What does happen when I play an audio CD?
Can't test it at the moment. I'm using foobar2000 in my car (CarPC) and I have the 0.9 version and I don't want to upgrade to 1.0 until it's stable. I just don't want to install a new foobar version every month . It's cold out there .

foo_wave_seekbar

Reply #124
Version 0.1.5 does not work on one of my systems (Lenovo T60, Intel G945 Graphics, XP SP3).
I now have the two options (GDI and Direct3D 9.0) but none of them is working (the panel remains blank and is never refreshed). When I select Direct3D 9.0c, then close and reopen the preferences panel, GDI remains selected.

Version 1.0.4 was working fine with Direct3D 9.0c only after installing the August 2009 Direct X runtime redistributable.

Same here. However, since I use Windows 7, I can make GDI+ work by selecting Direct2D first, and then GDI+. Doing this resets the window or something like that, apparently. Direct3D mode is now broken.