Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Linux EncSpot alternative and more... (Read 1765 times) previous topic - next topic

Linux EncSpot alternative and more...

Hi,

I'm slowly moving to Linux and spend more and more time in it, though there are still some Windows tools that I'm missing like: EncSpot and Tan&Rename.
I still can't figure out (just have no time until Christmas break) how to set up Wine, so this method is out of question for now...

So I wonder if Linux users of this forum can recommend tools they use for identifying which encoder was used to create .mp3 files (like EncStop in Windows) and which tagging software they use as well. Of all the features of Tag&Rename (in Windows) I really need one: getting tag information from CDDB server and checkign if the album of mp3s matches any of the albums in the CDDB (that's how I identify if downloaded album is incomplete or some files are corrupted). Other suggestions on music software they use are also very welcome....

Also in Windows I used Mpeg Audio Collection which I liked a lot and wonder if there is any such tool for Linux (simple but which works even on collection of 30000 songs). If I don't find anything worth looking for, I will try to compile MpegAudioCollection in linux via Kylix...(but this is only next year).....

Thanx everyone...
My endian is bigger than yours.