Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Convert mp3 from 320k to 128k and preserve cover art? (Read 7104 times) previous topic - next topic

Convert mp3 from 320k to 128k and preserve cover art?

I want to convert about two thousand songs from 320k to 128k and put them into a USB drive so I can listen to them in my car. The car does display all the tags and the cover art nicely, so I want to preserve the cover arts.

I'm looking for a software in Windows that can do that with a Lame GUI. I've tried foobar2000, unfortunately it preserves the tags but not the cover arts.

Thanks!

Re: Convert mp3 from 320k to 128k and preserve cover art?

Reply #1
foobar2000 can transfer attached pictures: Converter Setup > Other > Transfer attached pictures.
| QAAC ~ 192 kbps |

Reply #2
After seeing your reply I realized one thing - I've been using my portable version for fb2k for a decade, it's about time I check for update. So I went and checked - sure enough, 1.2.4 vs 1.3.1!

Thanks!

Reply #3
Just my two cents , @Arrivest , but there is a truckload of posts spread out throughout the years in this community, that could tell you why transcoding from lossy to lossy isn't that great an idea - from both the qualitative and commonsensical POVs.
Listen to the music, not the media it's on.
União e reconstrução

Reply #4
Just my two cents , @Arrivest , but there is a truckload of posts spread out throughout the years in this community, that could tell you why transcoding from lossy to lossy isn't that great an idea - from both the qualitative and commonsensical POVs.

This is for use in his car, and he is keeping the original files, so not so much of an issue. If anything he should be pointed to a vbr setting.

Reply #5
Yeah, I got that. I just thought it wouldn't hurt letting the OP know it.

'course it's entirely down to him/her whether to take heed of it or not. ;)
Listen to the music, not the media it's on.
União e reconstrução