Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: FB 1.6.7 crashes on MS Remote Desk connection (and sometime disconnection) (Read 1166 times) previous topic - next topic

FB 1.6.7 crashes on MS Remote Desk connection (and sometime disconnection)

Hello,
Time to time I connect to my Audio PC using MS Remote Desktop.
I never had significant problems in the past.

Using the new FB 1.6.7, instead, I have to report that it crashes 100% on connection and 50% approx on disconnection.

Regards, Andrea

Re: FB 1.6.7 crashes on MS Remote Desk connection (and sometime disconnection)

Reply #1
Have you tested a clean portable install with no components? It's just that the front end of foobar2000 doesn't change much and that is an understatement.

edit: I'm not dismissing it entirely, there could well be a problem with fb2k....

Reply #2
I can't replicate a crash by using RDP to connect to a playing machine. I can make playback stop to an error but that's it.

Please submit crashlogs if you see crashing. Or if the crash bypasses the crash submission, provide further details how to replicate the issue. In those cases take a look at Windows' Event Viewer and see the Application log. It might pinpoint the cause of the crash.

Reply #3
Long shot here; tried one or both of the following two:
* fb2k Preferences -> Playback -> Output, select null output
* Change the sound forwarding setting in the remote desktop app

Asking because dodgy soundcards can make a few oddities upon switching. (I have a couple, just got a BSOD by replugging USBs.)

Reply #4
I can't replicate a crash by using RDP to connect to a playing machine. I can make playback stop to an error but that's it.

Please submit crashlogs if you see crashing. Or if the crash bypasses the crash submission, provide further details how to replicate the issue. In those cases take a look at Windows' Event Viewer and see the Application log. It might pinpoint the cause of the crash.

Thank you @Case , I submitted all the crash logs I had.
Kindly be aware that my Foobar is running on a Win 10 32bit PC.
Regards, Andrea