Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Best Video player (Read 4637 times) previous topic - next topic

Best Video player

i hope this is in the right forum.

i recently switched to foobar from winamp and love it.  i want to delete winamp from my pc but as foobar does not support video, i was wondering what applications every1 uses for video playback.  i currently still use winamp as with plugins it plays pretty much everything.

Best Video player

Reply #2
I like vlc also. Cross platform and adds a lot of playback options on Linux. For Windows (only) Media Player Classic is a great option.
--
Eric

Best Video player

Reply #3
I'm personally fond of Media Player Classic for video but VLC is a very impressive player too.  It gets all the playback of files with external subs as quite frankly it handles them in a more pleasing manner than MPC IMO.
Nero AAC 1.5.1.0: -q0.45

Best Video player

Reply #4
I'm personally fond of Media Player Classic for video but VLC is a very impressive player too.  It gets all the playback of files with external subs as quite frankly it handles them in a more pleasing manner than MPC IMO.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=334477"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

SSA subtitle support is badly broken in VLC. MPC+vsfilter >>> VLC for that.
A riddle is a short sword attached to the next 2000 years.

Best Video player

Reply #5
dowloaded VLC and i gotta say i love it, it plays all my files including dvd folders straight from the install, cheers peeps

Best Video player

Reply #6
if you want to know what popular here, see this.
Nothing but a Heartache - Since I found my Baby ;)

Best Video player

Reply #7
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=334477"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Uhm... have you ever seen how VLC handles vobsubs... not good
"We cannot win against obsession. They care, we don't. They win."

Best Video player

Reply #8
VLC for HDTV MPEG2, MPEG4, DVD
Zoomplayer for x/H.264 Xvid DVD-rips
mplayer for some rare containers and codecs
Media Player Clasic for DVD.