Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: lost cover art in file tag after converting (Read 3282 times) previous topic - next topic

lost cover art in file tag after converting

Hi,
i am using foobar to convert FLAC files to ALAC using refalac encoder. After the conversion is done all embedded cover art is missing from the generated m4a file, while all other tags are fully retained. Is there something i can to to keep the cover art?

Reply #1
Not in foobar2000. Use MP3Tag to copy the artwork manually.

Reply #2
Not in foobar2000. Use MP3Tag to copy the artwork manually.

yes, i can do it manually even in foobar... but i do not want to do it manually for each album in my lib. is there another converter that retains the embedded art?

Reply #3
in the conversion dialog under "other" there is a possibility to copy jpg images to the destination folder. could this be extended to allow to copy all tag information to the destination files?

Reply #4
the only converter i know of that retains embedded art is dbpoweramp. there might well be more i don't know about.

Reply #5
yes, i can do it manually even in foobar
You can't - foobar doesn't support copying embedded art. It will copy the contents of the folder e.g. folder.jpg, as your later post states.