Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Logitech Multimedia Keys & Foobar2000 (Read 120849 times) previous topic - next topic

Logitech Multimedia Keys & Foobar2000

Reply #75
I don't know why, but I I don't need to use this!
I was surprised when I first got Foobar2000, but all of my keys work perfectly!
I have use generic media keys turned on, and am using the latest drivers for everything.

Logitech MX Duo on WIndows XP

Anyone know why this is?
Maybe I could help?

I have the same setup you do, and all of a sudden it is working.  I know there was a somewhat significant itouch driver update I downloaded 2 days ago, that must be the change.  Either that or foobar's implementation changed in 0.8, I had only tested with 0.7 before.  Hopefully this works perfectly for everyone.

Reply #76
I don't know why, but I I don't need to use this!
I was surprised when I first got Foobar2000, but all of my keys work perfectly!
I have use generic media keys turned on, and am using the latest drivers for everything.

Logitech MX Duo on WIndows XP

Anyone know why this is?
Maybe I could help?

If your using 8 it works perfectly for me.  But I'd still like to use some of the features Girder has, like it can show the cool thing when you press the buttons.

Reply #77
after trying the whole list of codes for foobar 0.8 & itouch, this one works (even with a minimised foobar):

Code: [Select]
foobar2000=wac,foobar2000.exe,{DA7CD0DE-1602-45e6-89A1-C2CA151E008E},xxx,xxx,xxx,xxx,xxx,xxx,xxx,0,1,Foobar2000

thanks to all

Reply #78
I've browsed through the thread but I couldn't find any good ideas for getting a Microsoft keyboard to work with multimedia keys (off course this topic was started about the Logitech keyboards but you never know).
Has anyone figured that out? I really like Foobar but when I'm playing a full screen game it's annoying to have to Alt-Tab every time I want to hear something else.
I have Win XP.

Reply #79
yeah.. me 2..
I have a xaser thermaltake keyboard and in winamp global hotkeys are working but not in foobar.
i've tried everything that was in this thread but it doesn't works..
btw if you have:
foobar2000=wac,foobar2000.exe,{DA7CD0DE-1602-45e6-89A1-C2CA151E008E},xxx,xxx,xxx,xxx,xxx,xxx,xxx,0,1,Foobar2000

where to pup it? because I don't have a players.ini or something. And in installer.ini and foobar.cfg that doesn't work
tia!

ps: windows XP, foobar 0.8.3

Reply #80
I've browsed through the thread but I couldn't find any good ideas for getting a Microsoft keyboard to work with multimedia keys (off course this topic was started about the Logitech keyboards but you never know). Has anyone figured that out?[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

[a href="http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=22006&view=findpost&p=214684]Here are explicit instructions.[/url]
------- Rick -------
--------------------

Reply #81
Been there, done that.

I have a little program in my status bar called "Toutch Manager", where you can configure the MM keys, but that program seems to be too stupid to understand ... /playpause, so I guess I'm stuck.

Reply #82
I have a little program in my status bar called "Toutch Manager", where you can configure the MM keys, but that program seems to be too stupid to understand ... /playpause, so I guess I'm stuck.

Sounds like you have (roughly) the same crappy keyboard as I do.

You have 2 options:
  • Get rid of the Touch Manager program and add the shortcuts to foobar manually. I managed to get the prev, next, stop, and playpause buttons working after this. or;
  • Create a new folder in your foobar directory, and put a bunch of shortcuts in there with a different command line switch for each of /playpause /next etc (screenshot). Then add the location of each shortcut to the "Launch app or website" part of Touch Manager for each key. But... don't browse for them, type in the location manually in the text box.
Either way works for me.

Reply #83
That worked! 
Thank you!

Reply #84
foobar2000=wac,foobar2000.exe,{E7076D1C-A7BF-4f39-B771-BCBE88F2A2A8},xxx,xxx,xxx,xxx,xxx,xxx,xxx,0,1,Foobar2000

this is working for me (foobar 0.83)

im using logitech setpoint so add the line to

C:\Program Files\Logitech\SetPoint\players.ini

under [Players] -section

hope this helps

Reply #85
foobar2000=wac,foobar2000.exe,{E7076D1C-A7BF-4f39-B771-BCBE88F2A2A8},xxx,xxx,xxx,xxx,xxx,xxx,xxx,0,1,Foobar2000[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=281475"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

This should only work if you're using ColumnsUI has your user interface.  The window class ("{E7076D1C-A7BF-4f39-B771-BCBE88F2A2A8}") will be something else if you're using the default UI, I just don't remember exactly what it is.

Reply #86
The line:

foobar2000=wac,foobar2000.exe,{DA7CD0DE-1602-45e6-89A1-C2CA151E008E},xxx,xxx,xxx
,xxx,xxx,xxx,xxx,0,1,Foobar2000

in Logitech iTouch players.ini file mostly works for me with default UI.

Reply #87
The line:

foobar2000=wac,foobar2000.exe,{DA7CD0DE-1602-45e6-89A1-C2CA151E008E},xxx,xxx,xxx

in Logitech iTouch players.ini file mostly works for me with default UI.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=282470"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I have Logitech Mediaplay cordless Mouse and use Setpoint 2.14
I have followed the introduction, it perfectly works, thx to everyone here

One more question, how to set "next" bottom as random song instead of next song in setpoint

Reply #88
Do you know how I can use the shortcuts on my HP One-Touch Keyboard with Foobar2000? There's a cfg.ini in my installation dir for my keyboard but I don't know how to change it in a proper way.

Reply #89
Other option: Don't use iTouch.  Waste of system resources and the keys work perfectly in FB2k without it.

Reply #90
Other option: Don't use iTouch.  Waste of system resources and the keys work perfectly in FB2k without it.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=334161"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

actually, i find the 'favorites' menu quite handy, as it allows me to shortcut to about 10 often-visited folders and a few programs i tend to want to be able to access quickly

Reply #91
Hi,

I was wondering if anyone managed to make foobar2000 properly work work with the DiNovo's Mediapad ? (displaying the track on the LCD screen)

I've the Dinovo Media Desktop Laser, and somewhat achieve it by using foo_winamp_spam and renaming the foobar2000.exe in winamp.exe

But the informations displayed are a bit weird : I wanted to display %artist% - %album% - %title%
and it displays %title% -- %artist% - %album%

(the -- is weird, but appears with WMP and winamp...)

And the playlist number (before the >) is always 1 (and it seems %_playlist_number% doesn't work outside the playlist, for instance in the main window title).

Any thougth ?
Regards.

Reply #92
I second the idea of removing iTouch or whatever other crap your brand of keyboard maker installs. 

Everything works perfectly without iTouch.  Logitech software is always garbage, totally unneeded...I always just chuck their CDs.

Reply #93
Hi, first thanks for that great player, its thousand times better than winamp!

Now my problem:
I'm using the l8est version of fb2k on a winxp machine.
Well, I use such a Logitec media keyboard, but when I add the
line to my itouch setup my media keys wont work at all, when I disable itouch the keys work when fb2k is on top but not when it's in the traybar.

Is there any way to keep fb2k running in tray and use the media keys?
Otherwise I would have to use winamp, and that sucks  .

Reply #94
Hi, first thanks for that great player, its thousand times better than winamp!

Now my problem:
I'm using the l8est version of fb2k on a winxp machine.
Well, I use such a Logitec media keyboard, but when I add the
line to my itouch setup my media keys wont work at all, when I disable itouch the keys work when fb2k is on top but not when it's in the traybar.

Is there any way to keep fb2k running in tray and use the media keys?
Otherwise I would have to use winamp, and that sucks  .
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=364978"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Look in the assigned shortcuts list under Preferences->Core->Keyboard Shortcuts for the entries related to the media keys (the ones that have "(MM)" after the key name).  Take note of which action is assigned to each key, then remove the shortcuts from the list and reassign them, but make sure you check the "global hotkey" checkbox.

Reply #95
Thanks dude! It perfectly works!

Reply #96
Look in the assigned shortcuts list under Preferences->Core->Keyboard Shortcuts for the entries related to the media keys (the ones that have "(MM)" after the key name).  Take note of which action is assigned to each key, then remove the shortcuts from the list and reassign them, but make sure you check the "global hotkey" checkbox.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=365194"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

It works near perfectly for me!
clean install xp pro sp2, foobar2000 v0.8.3, NO logitech programs or drivers installed, Logitech cordless desktop mx
works with foobar, in tray or not.
the only prblem is with mute and volume up/down; but this is not a problem, because if you don't set this keys, anyway the volume control works for the system volume.

Reply #97

The above worked great for foobar2000 v0.8.3 but with foobar2000 v0.9 final only the Media key on my Logitech keyboard when in other apps. If I'm in foobar2000 all the hotkeys ok but whats the point in that?

What's the new registry entry for my players.ini?

Reply #98
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=365194"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

It works near perfectly for me!
clean install xp pro sp2, foobar2000 v0.8.3, NO logitech programs or drivers installed, Logitech cordless desktop mx
works with foobar, in tray or not.
the only prblem is with mute and volume up/down; but this is not a problem, because if you don't set this keys, anyway the volume control works for the system volume.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=370359"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Maybe is not good self-quoting, but I will confirm that this is still ok with Foobar2000 0.9.
I don't have installed logitech programs or drivers, and so no need for a player.ini

Reply #99
Ok I have "fun" problem. I use a Logitech mx518 mouse with Setpoint 2.30.399 and a Logitech Elite keyboard with itouch 2.15.264 (the media/shortcut keys won't work without itouch installed and I use them frequently as well as the setpoint software for gaming) with fb2k 8.3 (in Columns UI mode) and a fresh install of xp pro. I have tried the various additions to players.ini without any luck. The media keys only work when fb2k is the active window (they worked this way before the additions as well). The interesting thing is on my previous install I don't recall having to do anything to get them to work but now they half work.

I also can't seem to get the registry edits to work to have fb2k show up under the players. Am I doing something wrong here? Any help on this matter would be greatly appreciated.